Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 04:23 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times

Advertisements

How does the PP group separate the money they receive to ensure that no money from the taxpayers is paying for abortions.
I know they get donations, government funding and medicaid.
So, how do they ensure the taxpayer, not the non producing person that uses PP, that not one penny goes into killing the fetus. Electricity, purchase of tools, Doctors pay, etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 04:34 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
I'm sure you've read this. Why ask? Stirring the pot? Preaching to the choir?

4 Ways Planned Parenthood Billls Taxpayers For Abortions

Old 01-17-2016, 04:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Through bookkeeping.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I'm sure you've read this. Why ask? Stirring the pot? Preaching to the choir?

4 Ways Planned Parenthood Billls Taxpayers For Abortions
Nope, never read it.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:52 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
They're a medical provider so use medical and billing coding to identify every procedure/service performed and the source/type of payment. Overhead would be a totally separate account. Neither Medicaid* nor Title X (the only 2 govt programs that fund PP) funds can be used to pay overhead.
Abortions must be paid for by the patients or the patients' private insurance.

*edit to add correction: in some states Medicaid may pay for some types of abortions, those deemed medically necessary. In those cases, the states themselves pay and not the federal govt.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 01-17-2016 at 05:03 PM..

Old 01-17-2016, 04:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
How does the PP group separate the money they receive to ensure that no money from the taxpayers is paying for abortions.
So, how do they ensure the taxpayer, not the non producing person that uses PP, that not one penny goes into killing the fetus. Electricity, purchase of tools, Doctors pay, etc etc.
Perhaps a call to Planned Parenthood to ask them however, being a business I would venture to guess they follow the same accounting and bookkeeping guidelines other businesses follow.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
They're a medical provider so use medical and billing coding to identify every procedure/service performed and the source/type of payment.
So if they were audited it would show how the dollar is utilized..

Old 01-17-2016, 05:23 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
So if they were audited it would show how the dollar is utilized..
Since PP is a nonprofit, they are audited every year. I'm sure their annual 990s and the auditors' findings are available online. Of course they won't have the individual clinic and procedure level detail. Presumably one would need access to the coded database stats to see that level detail.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:52 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:

Apparently Medicaid covers abortion in only 15 states.

Can Medicaid cover my abortion? | Fund Abortion Now.org

Or maybe 17 states. Scroll to the map to see what/where.

Coverage for Abortion Services and the ACA | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

I don't know how PP does it or doesn't.

Do they have separate rooms set aside for abortions only? Are they on different electric/gas meters? Are there separate parking lots/receptionists/nurses/waiting rooms etc. for those seeking abortions? Is the rent or mortgage or property tax split up and paid for from separate accounts based on how many abortions vs. "general care" patients seen every month/quarter?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
There was no insurance or Medicaid fraud found. Like any medical issue, you have a procedure done and there is a claim sent to the ins co or Medicaid - according to the contract and allowable fee. Like my dental approves 90% of cleanings but no braces for me. It is run like any other medical and insurance program , people lose it when it all goes political . It is possible to make an error or even a purposed one, but 99.9 % of people not set out to lose their jobs by defrauding ins co.s over abortions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies