Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 05:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,248,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So you are saying that FBI director James Comey doesn't know what he is talking about? Why would he say this if it weren't true?
Me? I am for erring on the side of caution in this case. The region and culture is what it is. It isn't a myth that women from the ME face rape as a form of punishment. It isn't myth that if a woman is raped she is punished for causing it. We should be extra selective depending on the region.
When the director of the FBI has doubts that is more than enough for me. I mean we aren't talking about Buddhist monks who are pacifists here.
I am sure he is right, we will never know for 100% on any refugees, but that doesn't change the process they have to get through to become a refugee in the US.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am sure he is right, we will never know for 100% on any refugees, but that doesn't change the process they have to get through to become a refugee in the US.
The availability of verifiable data is what is in question.
That said... With 600,000 homeless citizens it seems to me that maybe our priority should be finding ways to relieve their suffering and meet their needs first.
What makes Syrian refugees more of a priority than our own homeless?
I am honestly waiting for an elected rep or anyone else to explain that to me.
50,000+ homeless vets and we are worried about providing shelter and a life for foreigners on the tax payer dime.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Yes "WE" screened them "SELECTIVELY" just like the Boston marathon bombers and the 2 Pakistani's that took part in the San Bernardino massacre recently.

What success stories???
Thanks for pointing out something that has nothing to do with refugees. The Boston marathon bombers were children when they moved to the US. The San Bernardino massacre was done by a born and raised US American, his wife was born in Pakistan and spent much of her life in Saudi Arabia before marrying her husband and becoming a US citizen (though I don't know if she did the whole process to become a US citizen through marriage.)

Old 01-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Please tell that to the millions of illegal aliens here in the US who'd try to claim "refugee" to avoid deportation. Their kind are allowed to stay here but "free", NOT in detention.
That isn't the same thing, you and I both know that. Though I guess you could try to round up every illegal alien and deport them back to their own country, and then do it all over again, and again, and again. Or if that was really an issue, you would just go after those that hire illegal aliens because that is the reason they are coming to the US because they can find work.....but then again, you and I both know that is a different topic.

Quote:
Please lose the "race card"; it does NOT work in 2016. Too; many Hispanics and MOST Muslims ARE "white" but, try to claim "people of color" so they can whine when put in their place for acting like fools.
I guess you don't read his posts closely, he knows what I am talking about. So this isn't about "playing the race card." This is just pointing something he has said before.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Actually, it's you that doesn't understand the process behind screening people. It took YEARS to put together the current databases we currently have in Iraq and Afghanistan. And you think we're properly equipped to screen people from countries we don't have a dominant presence in? Have you ever heard of the Biometric Identity Intelligence Repository?
That is also why it takes years for someone in places like Syria to be a refugee in the US compared to how long it takes for places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Though I am sure over time we will probably have a similar database with Syria if we need it. But unlike you, I actually know what is involved in the screening process for a Syrian refugee.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out something that has nothing to do with refugees. The Boston marathon bombers were children when they moved to the US. The San Bernardino massacre was done by a born and raised US American, his wife was born in Pakistan and spent much of her life in Saudi Arabia before marrying her husband and becoming a US citizen (though I don't know if she did the whole process to become a US citizen through marriage.)
Perhaps the point was that the vetting process isn't as good as it should or could be. The Boston bombers according to Russia we had some warning about. I take that with a grain of sand.
The San Bernardino shooters? Region and culture for the wife. Saudi Arabia should be a red flag. Seems like a lot of radicals come from there.
Region and culture should be red flag that should result in more criteria to pass.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Simple. Muslim ain't a race or a sex. A person CAN renounce Islam in Europe or the US, a dude CAN'T renounce being a dude tho the Caitlin Jenners of the world try to.
I never once claimed Muslim was a race or a sex, so please stop trying to twist my words or put words in my mouth. I am sure you wouldn't like it if I did that to you.

Also you are aware that people in the US are free to practice any religion they like, even Islam, and shouldn't be required to renounce any religion to be in the US. As for your off topic jab at Jenners, yes, someone can change their sexuality, even if you lack the understanding on how that happens and lack the understanding of what it is like for those born as the wrong sex.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:27 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,225,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's terrible.

There wasn't epidemic proportions of rape prior to their coming here!!!!!

Oh, wait...
Righttttttt, so we should let more wolves in. Excellent idea. Typical progressive bullsh*t...

Old 01-18-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The availability of verifiable data is what is in question.
That said... With 600,000 homeless citizens it seems to me that maybe our priority should be finding ways to relieve their suffering and meet their needs first.
What makes Syrian refugees more of a priority than our own homeless?
I am honestly waiting for an elected rep or anyone else to explain that to me.
50,000+ homeless vets and we are worried about providing shelter and a life for foreigners on the tax payer dime.
Yes, I agree, we do lack verifiable data, but data isn't the only way you screen people. You are aware of that, right?

Yes, we do have a lot of homeless people within the US, if that is a concern for you, I suggest you start a thread about that topic rather than try to deflect and force this thread off topic. Syrian refugees aren't a priority over the homeless in this country because the solutions to house the homeless can be found a lot faster than it takes for a Syrian refugee to make it through the screening process. Tell me why we as a country aren't building facilities all throughout the country for the homeless? (Seeing it is such a priority to you.)

Why has our Republican Congress let down our vets that they chose to send to war in the first place. Simple answer, they are no longer needed for the Republicans to push their war games.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yes, I agree, we do lack verifiable data, but data isn't the only way you screen people. You are aware of that, right?

Yes, we do have a lot of homeless people within the US, if that is a concern for you, I suggest you start a thread about that topic rather than try to deflect and force this thread off topic. Syrian refugees aren't a priority over the homeless in this country because the solutions to house the homeless can be found a lot faster than it takes for a Syrian refugee to make it through the screening process. Tell me why we as a country aren't building facilities all throughout the country for the homeless? (Seeing it is such a priority to you.)

Why has our Republican Congress let down our vets that they chose to send to war in the first place. Simple answer, they are no longer needed for the Republicans to push their war games.
Nice deflection. Isn't it a priority for all Americans?
I would say both parties have failed our vets and both parties sent them to war. Obama has gotten more killed in his first 4 than Bush did in 7. Just a fact.
As for the rest. My point is that the Syrian refugees shouldn't even be on our radar as long as we have this massive homeless problem. It is on topic when you consider the political effort put into helping Syrians whom we owe not a thing as compared to the political effort put into our homeless.
Why are the demo so determined to help anyone and everyone except US citizens in need?
The answer is that neither party cares about our homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies