Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 04:14 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Or we just allow those who can be properly vetted and be very selective based upon regions and cultures?
So you did mean all men after all. Hmmm sort like saying all blacks are criminals. etc Like all stereo types one can look small when using them.
You mean like the ones who stereotype all Muslims? Or is that ok?

Old 01-18-2016, 04:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You do realize that Director James Comey has testified that in regard to the Syrian refugees, they can't be properly vetted.... As in we don't really know what we are getting.
Or is Comey a liar and you know Obama isn't mistaking the risk.
How do you vet a person whose Government is in chaos? A government that when not in chaos has a strained relationship with ours? How do you get their police records? How do you verify their information? The ambassador from Syria has stated that 20% of the refugees are ISIS. Is he lying also?
I have no issue with Muslims in general. I do have issues with people from certain regions where it is acceptable to use rape as punishment.
Is what's happening in Europe just a misunderstanding? A coincidence?
Because there is always a chance, that doesn't mean they aren't properly vetted, and the vetting process is on average two years long and a series of in person interviews, not that you would care.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Because there is always a chance, that doesn't mean they aren't properly vetted, and the vetting process is on average two years long and a series of in person interviews, not that you would care.

It's two years because the UN is slow and there's a backlog. They're not refugees and they're not vetted.

Why do we need any more immigrants to begin with? We don't.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
So you are saying that FBI director James Comey doesn't know what he is talking about? Why would he say this if it weren't true?
Me? I am for erring on the side of caution in this case. The region and culture is what it is. It isn't a myth that women from the ME face rape as a form of punishment. It isn't myth that if a woman is raped she is punished for causing it. We should be extra selective depending on the region.
When the director of the FBI has doubts that is more than enough for me. I mean we aren't talking about Buddhist monks who are pacifists here.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:50 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Quote:
We already do screen immigrants and are very selective who we let migrate to the US.

Actually we should be focusing on teaching the men who already live in the US not to sexually assault women rather than worrying about Muslims.
Yes "WE" screened them "SELECTIVELY" just like the Boston marathon bombers and the 2 Pakistani's that took part in the San Bernardino massacre recently.

What success stories???

Old 01-18-2016, 04:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Truth!

Old 01-18-2016, 04:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
You realize to be a refugee in this country involves several in person screenings, and takes on average about two years to complete. It is not an easy process for anyone.
Please tell that to the millions of illegal aliens here in the US who'd try to claim "refugee" to avoid deportation. Their kind are allowed to stay here but "free", NOT in detention.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:00 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You mean like the ones who stereotype all Muslims? Or is that ok?
Ooooh, look what I found from the Quran:

Quote:
Qur’an 23:1-6—The Believers must (eventually) win through—those who humble themselves in their prayers; who avoid vain talk; who are active in deeds of charity; who abstain from sex, except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess—for (in their case) they are free from blame.

Qur’an 70:22-30
—Not so those devoted to Prayer—those who remain steadfast to their prayer; and those in whose wealth is a recognized right for the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking); and those who hold to the truth of the Day Of Judgement; and those who fear the displeasure of their Lord—for their Lord’s displeasure is the opposite of Peace and Tranquility—and those who guard their chastity, except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess—for (then) they are not to be blamed.

Qur’an 33:50—O Prophet! surely We have made lawful to you your wives whom you have given their dowries, and those whom your right hand possesses out of those whom Allah has given to you as prisoners of war...

Sahih Muslim 3371—We went out with Allah’s Messenger on the expedition to the Bi’l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing azl (withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah’s Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah’s Messenger, and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born.

Sahih al-Bukhari 4138—We went out with Allah’s Apostle for the invasion of Bun Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus [same as "azl" above]. So when we intended to do coitus interruptus, we said: "How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah’s Apostle who is present among us? We asked (him) about it and he said: "It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul till the Day of Resurrection is predestined to exist, it will exist."

Sahih Muslim 3384—Jabir bin Abdullah reported that a person asked Allah’s Apostle saying: I have a slave-girl and I practice azl with her, whereupon Allah’s Messenger said: This cannot prevent that which Allah has decreed. The person then came (after some time) and said: Messenger of Allah, the slave-girl about whom I talked to you has conceived, whereupon Allah’s Messenger said: I am the servant of Allah and His Messenger.

Sunan Abu Dawud 2150
—The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: “And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess.” That is to say, they are lawful for them when they complete their waiting period.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
It's terrible.

There wasn't epidemic proportions of rape prior to their coming here!!!!!

Oh, wait...

Old 01-18-2016, 05:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
How is that any different than blaming all Muslim men when it is only some that would sexually assault women?
Simple. Muslim ain't a race or a sex. A person CAN renounce Islam in Europe or the US, a dude CAN'T renounce being a dude tho the Caitlin Jenners of the world try to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.