Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 09:50 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
For all we know some, or all of the holdouts are plants.
That's a bit like circumventing the roadblock of Occam's Razor and heading straight for conspiracy theory territory.

Quote:
The four holdouts do not represent this movement...
They kinda do. Bundy & Bundy put the idea in their head that taking over wildlife refuge was a hunky-dory idea.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:56 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He's my vote for a plant, set free to gather info on other screwball militias who might be looking to start trouble. If my hunch is right, the next time this nonsense is tried the perps won't even make it to their target.
There needs to be a rumor started that FBI plants identify each other by some "secret" article of clothing or specific mannerism or code phrase in speech or something. The militards will spend the next six months trying to weed out "plants".

Old 02-07-2016, 10:04 AM

37,224 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There needs to be a rumor started that FBI plants identify each other by some "secret" article of clothing or specific mannerism or code phrase in speech or something. The militards will spend the next six months trying to weed out "plants".
I have visited a few of the militia sites and FB pages. There is already a lot of infighting over who can be trusted. The dissolution of large portions of the militia movement may be the ironic result of Bundy's ill conceived and laughably executed occupation.

If these are "well-regulated militias", and all that stands between us and the tyranny of the big, bad government, we'll all be galley slaves shortly.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:10 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have visited a few of the militia sites and FB pages. There is already a lot of infighting over who can be trusted. The dissolution of large portions of the militia movement may be the ironic result of Bundy's ill conceived and laughably executed occupation.

If these are "well-regulated militias", and all that stands between us and the tyranny of the big, bad government, we'll all be galley slaves shortly.
You're telling me paranoid conspiracy nuts who don't reside in reality also have trouble trusting each other? Who would've thought?

Old 02-07-2016, 10:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Let's face it, this debacle continues to be like the Wild Wild West. Everyone has guns pointed at everyone else.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

& everyone thinks they have 'God on their side.'

The only one that pointed a gun at anyone, from Randy Weaver, The Branch Daividen, Gibson Guitars, Cliven Bundy, and now Mr. LaVoy, was the government. Government breaks contracts with the people, by pointing a gun at the people and tell them to pound sand. The government cannot use words and refuse to recognize, the documents that show the unconstitutionality of the actions taken by them.
Who has the bigger gun, has the advantage, when the constitution comes into question.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You're telling me paranoid conspiracy nuts who don't reside in reality also have trouble trusting each other? Who would've thought?
I'm waiting on the four holdouts to get tired of sitting in sub-freezing temperatures in the middle of a field and start fighting among themselves. When the firewood runs out things are going to heat up.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Let's face it, this debacle continues to be like the Wild Wild West. Everyone has guns pointed at everyone else.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

& everyone thinks they have 'God on their side.'
God always was a practical joker. Look at how many presidential candidates he personally told to run.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:40 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Bundy is whining about his incarceration.

He's asking his followers not to stand down. The Lord is on his way.
It's surprising to me that Bundy's lawyer continues to smuggle out and broadcast her client's screeds from his cell in solitary confinement calling for supporters to continue with the criminal activity which landed him there. It definitely doesn't sound like something an ethical lawyer would do.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:48 AM

How many armed police road blocks were set up around Ferguson, to round up those peaceful protesters?

Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's surprising to me that Bundy's lawyer continues to smuggle out and broadcast her client's screeds from his cell in solitary confinement calling for supporters to continue with the criminal activity which landed him there. It definitely doesn't sound like something an ethical lawyer would do.
Or it could be media making a story that isn't there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies