Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:56 PM

286 posts, read 383,237 times

Advertisements

1. If Obamacare is so bad and it should be repealed what do we replace it with? Do we go back to the days where private, unregulated insurance companies can deny payments of claims for any reason? Do we allow insurance companies to discriminate against those who have had cancer or diabetes therefore making them ineligible?

2. I hear Republicans frequently talk a lot about Healthcare but why doesn't anybody address Medical Cost Inflation? The cost of having a child has increased 300% since my birth and I am in my 20's. How do we control the price of Medical Care? Or Is being Republican having the mindset that "Healthcare is a luxury and if I die because I can't afford it oh well"?? Ted Cruz was asked about Obamacare and what he would replace it with. He didn't have answer, bless the heart of the man who asked because before asking the question, he justified his benefit and need for Obamacare to be in force. And it was because his son had a deficiency that previously wasn't insurable under private insurance.

4. How do you deal with homelessness? The reason I ask is this is a two party system. Thought I am aware that there are many moderates who do care in/on the Republican Side the party is also home to extremists who would let them starve to death because "Murica'" and because "Capitalism".

5. How do we deal with the drug problem in this country, the DEA costs billions yet incarcerates more people for petty weed or petty possession, why not instead of punishing, we invest the same amount of money we do in jails into a Mental Health Facility or Rehab Facility. Or heck even legalizing it and taxing it! Your opinions please?

6. How would you bring back jobs to America?

Note: I wish to keep things civil. Most importantly honest responses. Just really curious to see other logical and respectful responses to issues affecting our great nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 02:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
These are all good questions, but if I may make a suggestion, you might want to request that they explain what they WOULD do, rather than what they simply wouldn't do.

Otherwise you're going to have 10 pages of people simply saying that the "current system doesn't work" as a cop-out.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:07 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Why only republicans? Aren't Democrat supporters interested in how their candidate will solve these things too?

Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringamac92 View Post

Note: I wish to keep things civil. Most importantly honest responses. Just really curious to see other logical and respectful responses to issues affecting our great nation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In all fairness, ask the Democrats all these very good questions as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my .02

According to the Small Business Administration (SBA), they create seven of every 10 new jobs. Unfortunately, since the 2008 financial crisis, small business lending has trailed other business lending, and overall, loan levels remain below their peak prior to the financial crisis.

In my opinion, small businesses Access to capital is vital.

We also need to make America investors friendly again.

If there is any economy model should be copying, i would say Norway.

This being said, "Free market" is a theoretical concept based on pretty perfect assumptions. In that way it does not exist.

However, Norway is trying to be free market economy same as other modern economies and Norway is doing fairly well.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:10 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
1. If Obamacare is so bad and it should be repealed what do we replace it with?
Fallacy. Obamacare need not be replaced with anything.

Quote:
Do we go back to the days where private, unregulated insurance companies can deny payments of claims for any reason? Do we allow insurance companies to discriminate against those who have had cancer or diabetes therefore making them ineligible?
Health insurance is intra-State Commerce. Your State legislators can easily repeal or rescind laws on the books affecting insurance companies.

Quote:
2. I hear Republicans frequently talk a lot about Healthcare but why doesn't anybody address Medical Cost Inflation?
I do.

Quote:
The cost of having a child has increased 300% since my birth and I am in my 20's. How do we control the price of Medical Care?
Have your State legislature repeal or rescind laws granting anti-Trust exemptions to hospitals. The lack of competition is why hospitals can charge $55,000 for a $2,800 appendectomy.

Quote:
4. How do you deal with homelessness?
Ignore it.

When the "homeless" are tired of living on the streets, they will take the appropriate steps to get off of the streets.

Homeless Detroit man accepts credit cards, has website | WNCN

That's guys been on the streets for 10 years. He's a typical homeless person, representative of more than 90% of the "homeless."

Justify why we should waste money on people who like living in the streets.

[quote=bringamac92;42879025]5. How do we deal with the drug problem in this country?

By prosecuting dealers and destroying the supply system.

Quote:
You can't. Be prepared to lose more jobs when India moves into its 2nd Level Economy in the next year or two, and then be prepared to lose more jobs when Central Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa move into their 2nd Level Economies in the latter half of this century.

If you want to create jobs, then get the government out of the Education System, so you can start moving into your 5th Level Economy.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Why only republicans? Aren't Democrat supporters interested in how their candidate will solve these things too?

With all do respect, I have done my research and know where the candidates from the Green Party and Democratic Party Stand. I just wish to know the Republicans point of view.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:23 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
These are all good questions, but if I may make a suggestion, you might want to request that they explain what they WOULD do, rather than what they simply wouldn't do.

Otherwise you're going to have 10 pages of people simply saying that the "current system doesn't work" as a cop-out.

Thanks for the advice lol.

But I am hoping they can reply with good responses. As I said earlier. I am just open to seeing other peoples ideas. No harm intended.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:25 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:
1. If Obamacare is so bad and it should be repealed what do we replace it with? Do we go back to the days where private, unregulated insurance companies can deny payments of claims for any reason? Do we allow insurance companies to discriminate against those who have had cancer or diabetes therefore making them ineligible?

2. I hear Republicans frequently talk a lot about Healthcare but why doesn't anybody address Medical Cost Inflation? The cost of having a child has increased 300% since my birth and I am in my 20's. How do we control the price of Medical Care? Or Is being Republican having the mindset that "Healthcare is a luxury and if I die because I can't afford it oh well"?? Ted Cruz was asked about Obamacare and what he would replace it with. He didn't have answer, bless the heart of the man who asked because before asking the question, he justified his benefit and need for Obamacare to be in force. And it was because his son had a deficiency that previously wasn't insurable under private insurance.

4. How do you deal with homelessness? The reason I ask is this is a two party system. Thought I am aware that there are many moderates who do care in/on the Republican Side the party is also home to extremists who would let them starve to death because "Murica'" and because "Capitalism".

5. How do we deal with the drug problem in this country, the DEA costs billions yet incarcerates more people for petty weed or petty possession, why not instead of punishing, we invest the same amount of money we do in jails into a Mental Health Facility or Rehab Facility. Or heck even legalizing it and taxing it! Your opinions please?

You end with a kumbaya message, but your entire post is littered with liberal bias.
You can't have it both ways.

2) What is the CAUSE of medical cost inflation? That would be a good place to start looking for ways to address it. HINT: College tuition has risen at a similar rate if not more so.

4) There are numerous places for homeless to get food/clothing/shelter. Problem is most are run by churches and have a strict no drink policy. Many homeless would rather sleep under a bridge with that pint of Jack than spend the night under a roof without that bottle. Do we FORCE them to get shelter? Then there are the "homeless" who panhandle for a living and aren't even really homeless. There are certainly things than could be done better but make no mistake very few, even on the extreme right, want to see anyone starve.

5) I have long been opposed to incarceration for any non violent offense.

6) This is a tougher one because of the global economy. We have lost many many manufacturing jobs to Asia and Mexico. I don't have much faith in anyone who claims they have a solution to bring manufacturing jobs back. We simply cannot compete with Malaysia paying people .20 cents on the dollar.
One thing that WOULD help, but it wouldn't need government intervention, is if PEOPLE paid attention to more than just the final price at checkout. WE are the guilty ones for buying these products manufactured by slave labor. You hear a lot of people on their soap box preaching about equality and human rights, but these same people are the ones holding the latest gadget manufactured by a kid in Mexico or wearing the latest shoes manufactured by a kid in Vietnam. If Americans refused to buy products produced by countries who drive the value of the American worker down we COULD start seeing some of those manufacturing jobs come back, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In all fairness, ask the Democrats all these very good questions as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my .02

According to the Small Business Administration (SBA), they create seven of every 10 new jobs. Unfortunately, since the 2008 financial crisis, small business lending has trailed other business lending, and overall, loan levels remain below their peak prior to the financial crisis.

In my opinion, small businesses Access to capital is vital.

We also need to make America investors friendly again.

If there is any economy model should be copying, i would say Norway.

This being said, "Free market" is a theoretical concept based on pretty perfect assumptions. In that way it does not exist.

However, Norway is trying to be free market economy same as other modern economies and Norway is doing fairly well.

Thanks for the reply, got many colleagues from Scandinavian Countries (both Norway & Sweden) and they seem to do fairly well. I do agree with the Free Market comment. Have had my fair share of debates on that topic.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:33 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,999,223 times
If we totally got RID of insurance altogether, the medical costs would drop...and folks could afford to pay their medical bills! Costs keep rising because insurance will only pay a portion...so prices are inflated GREATLY !

Charge what a procedure is actually worth, and folks could pay for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies