Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 01:17 PM

1,074 posts, read 950,208 times

Advertisements

Read the New York Daily News article. I do not know if it is true or not. It comes from Shaun King, the progressive journalist and activist that is involved with the Black Lives Matter movement.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2530395

Release of 13-year-old court document dusts off Peyton Manning incident at Tennessee | ProFootballTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 01:24 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Looks like blatant case of race huckstering to me. If Cam Newton had not been Black, this "journalist" would have no interest in Peyton Manning.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 02-13-2016 at 02:43 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 01:50 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
King is a fraud pretending to be black.

Sounds like a massive case of projection disorder.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:54 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
I wouldn't give that desperate dying rag one click

Old 02-13-2016, 01:57 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,625,561 times
This story has been reported quite a bit actually over the last ten years. Not so much in mainstream media, though. The incident was handled poorly by Tennessee and a settlement was reached. The problem could have gone away but Payton and his father continually slandered this woman at times random interviews and their book. Their denial was ridiculous and caused this woman to have to leave her job at another college. The athlete who was in the training room who Manning claimed he was just trying to moon has supported the trainer and even wrote a letter to the Mannings telling them to tell the truth.

If prejudiced people want to support Manning because they hate Shaun King, go ahead. But the woman was white and her story has never changed. Manning never denied what he did either, he just claimed it was harmless....and it certainly was not.

I've always been turned off by Manning because of this. From what I'm seeing, SI and the Sporting News are finally picking up on this even though bloggers have had the story for years. The Nashville and Chicago papers are also addressing it. No one seems to dispute the situation.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks like race huckstering to me. If Cam Newton had not been Black, this "journalist" would have no interest in Peyton Manning.
You can say that for sure? Perhaps you should meet more black people because apparently you believe you know how they all think...which makes you look foolish.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I wouldn't give that desperate dying rag one click
Which one:

Daily News
Sports Illustrated (who LOVED to fawn over the Mannings)
Tennesseean
Chicago Tribune
Sporting News
Daily Beast
Knoxville Sentinel
...they keep coming...

About the only denial piece is coming from some whack job at FoxSports

Old 02-13-2016, 02:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Looks like race huckstering to me. If Cam Newton had not been Black, this "journalist" would have no interest in Peyton Manning.
If Cam Newton had won this article never would've been published.

These kinds of articles are all you need to know about the goals of BLM, they’re all about race-baiting. But as Sharpton and Jackson know, there's money to be made disparaging whitey.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:23 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
If Cam Newton had won this article never would've been published.

These kinds of articles are all you need to know about the goals of BLM, they’re all about race-baiting. But as Sharpton and Jackson know, there's money to be made disparaging whitey.
It always amazing that those who decry "playing the race care" are the first to do it.

Old 02-13-2016, 02:33 PM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Which one:

Daily News
Sports Illustrated (who LOVED to fawn over the Mannings)
Tennesseean
Chicago Tribune
Sporting News
Daily Beast
Knoxville Sentinel
...they keep coming...

About the only denial piece is coming from some whack job at FoxSports
Take your choice.. nothing more than sore loser/poor sport at this point.. haha I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Spikes the ball! Cream rose to the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies