Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 05:46 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
She moved to New York to run against a very popular Mayor (Gulianni). It was anything but a shoo-in. The fact that Rudy didn't end up running made it easy for her but at the time she made the decision, Rudy was sky high popular.
" Rudy was sky high popular." In New York City because he was the mayor there.

She replaced Moynahan, one of the MOST liberal members of Congress. An easy set to fill f you ALSO are very liberal.

NOT easy to fill if you are a conservative.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Because the supposed dishonesty and corruption are all imaginary.
Huh???? Are you serious?
Quote:
I have yet to hear anyone coherently explains how storing emails on a private server means you are dishonest and corrupt?? There are ways to attack her on this, but dishonestly and corruption is pure childish accusation.
Using a private server for State Department business is a violation of law, and worse, using it for Classified Emails!

But what makes her dishonest is lying about it to Congress, and that is a punishable offense.

However, she has a history of corruption and dishonesty. You are either very young and don't know her past, or you are just totally blinded by your loyalty to the Democrat Party.

"Filegate," "Cattlegate," etc., etc. The list goes on. The Clintons are not honest people, period.

No wonder this country is in such sad shape [MOD CUT/personal attack]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-19-2016 at 04:17 PM..

Old 02-19-2016, 06:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Because the supposed dishonesty and corruption are all imaginary.

I have yet to hear anyone coherently explains how storing emails on a private server means you are dishonest and corrupt?? There are ways to attack her on this, but dishonestly and corruption is pure childish accusation.
Try "incompetent" instead of dishonest. Like that better? It fits the liberals' reality a bit more comfortably.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
The motive behind the accusation is what seems to matter. I wish they would articulate that.
You can't be serious. Is preventing someone with so little regard for national security from becoming President not motivation enough? Let alone, her violation of the law. Are we to simply ignore her illegal use of a private server for State Department business?

This woman had no business being Secretary of State, let alone being President of the U.S. She is crooked through and through, dishonest and untrustworthy.

And I didn't even have to mention Benghazi, the attack which she lied about to the parents of the dead Americans, and the attack which was preventable if she had done her job. The woman is an incompetent boob!

Old 02-19-2016, 06:34 AM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Default Snarky doesn't work

Quote:
Are you at all familiar with the job of a Senator?? You do know that drafting bills is what she is elected to do?? Accusing a Senator of trying to pass laws is like accusing a quarterback of throwing a football.

Yes, she happens to sponsor bills about her constituents who elected her (namely veterans, families, etc). Go figure right? Why would a Senator represents her people?? That is so un-American, am I right?
And deflection questions won't change minds. Clinton is a deeply flawed candidate with serious mental and physical problems but those aren't as bad as her downright mean spirited soul.
But of course you know this. Your self righteous pride won't let you see it.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:14 AM

677 posts, read 653,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She has Washington and foreign policy experience. She's not inexperienced, and she knows how Washington works. Why don't you want her in the Whitehouse?
She is not incompetent, she is in fact very competent. So your thread title is a misnomer. The answer is simple. She is corrupt and bought and paid for by Wall Street. To answer your question of why people don't want her in the White House, it's actually quite simple:

Republicans don't want her because:
1. They disagree on social issues.
2. They want power, and she is from the other party.
3. (for some) they are ignorant and believe the lies and BS conspiracies fabricated by the political machine of the right.

Many democrats don't want her because:
1. She is corrupt.
2. She is owned by Wall Street.
3. She is not progressive.
4. She will not truly work to address the 2 biggest issues in our nation (i.e. money in politics, and income inequality).

Old 02-19-2016, 09:24 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post
She is not incompetent, she is in fact very competent. So your thread title is a misnomer. The answer is simple. She is corrupt and bought and paid for by Wall Street. To answer your question of why people don't want her in the White House, it's actually quite simple:

3. (for some) they are ignorant and believe the lies and BS conspiracies fabricated by the political machine of the right.

1. She is corrupt.
4. She will not truly work to address the 2 biggest issues in our nation (i.e. money in politics, and income inequality).
Your lists are both too short. You forgot..

- ongoing Federal investigations on government corruption
- her classified email servers
- her Federal subpoenas to open her Clinton foundation books to show illegal foreign payoffs/ slush payments.
- lying under oath to Congress

I say Federal because Obama oversees these Federal investigations and you are making up excuses when the facts show Hillary brought this on herself. She even disclosed all if this in press releases.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:28 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She has Washington and foreign policy experience. She's not inexperienced, and she knows how Washington works. Why don't you want her in the Whitehouse?
The email server mess is a big one. The FBI can sort out whether she broke the law, but there's no denying that it was unbelievably stupid.

Remember the 3AM phone call campaign ad Hillary's people put together? Benghazi was the real-life test. Again, she may not have broken any laws. Somebody else can sort out her guilt or innocence. But ignoring your own people on the ground fighting for their lives when you have the means to save them -- that was pretty incompetent.

I'm curious what examples you can offer of her competence. Got any?

Old 02-19-2016, 10:41 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,052,389 times
As someone who is to the left of Bernie Sanders, I don't want Clinton in The White House because I simply don't trust her. She is the ultimate political mercenary, shifting her message to appeal to whichever group of potential voters she is speaking to at the time. While I believe that Sanders, and even most Republican candidates (excluding Trump and Cruz), sincerely want to serve the nation; I'm convinced that Clinton is merely in it for her personal ego.

Her foreign policy is pure psychopathic neocon; while her domestic policy, with the exception of feminist issues, more closely resembles that of mainstream Republicans than that of progressives.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:13 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddATX View Post

1. She is corrupt.
She's so competent that she's currently being investigated for mishandling classified information.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-19-2016 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies