Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 12:58 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
School holidays should be set based on the LOCAL COMMUNITY. I think what she is referring to is that if a significant percentage of the student body is one religion, then their holidays should be taken into consideration when planning days off. It is not fair to just acknowledge Christian holidays and exclude Jewish or Muslim. You will not shut down an entire school for one Budhist.
But Christian holidays are not observed in the schools. Christmas is now secular and called Winter break, Easter is Spring Break. What Christian holidays are observed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 01:03 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
She made a statement, that said, pretty soon their mission to be the majority will be successful....which speaks volumes.
I realize that it might take some thought, but do you suppose she was talking about the SCHOOL DISTRICT? Or maybe an individual school? Muslims may very well be the majority in a school district.

Do you really think Muslims will ever be the majority in America????

Old 02-18-2016, 01:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
"erupt", probably not the best choice of words.

And to the other posters counting on the Mexicans. Um...OK. Perhaps one of the more apathetic demographics we have in this country. I'd count on them to keep making the F&F movies a successful franchise, that's about it.
Yes, very apathetic. Just leave them alone. All they care about is family, family, family.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:07 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I realize that it might take some thought, but do you suppose she was talking about the SCHOOL DISTRICT? Or maybe an individual school? Muslims may very well be the majority in a school district.

Do you really think Muslims will ever be the majority in America????
yes, I do....eventually, they are a very patient people...I had a friend who lived in front of a man from Europe...he said, he won't go home any longer, b/c his country have been overrun by them...it is happening all over the world...

and please, I would appreciate it if you would stop with the insults...
She was talking about the School district and our land....
a long long time ago, they were told to breed to strictly take over the world...and they are...and they will even if it takes them another 2,000 years to accomplish their goals.

Just b/c you are unable to see it, doesn't mean it isn't true.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:11 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zum View Post
The Chinese New Year will never be a official holiday. It is racist because it included a year of the monkey.
The empire state building lit up red and yellow to celebrate the 60th anniverary of communist red china and refused to light up blue and white for mother theresa, claiming it was because she was a religious symbol. Bet the poor she helped didn't know she was there to represent catholics.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:11 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
So long as we keep theirs and all the rest of the religions out of our government we will still be a successful secular Republic.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, very apathetic. Just leave them alone. All they care about is family, family, family.

You know I'm talking about Mexicans right?

I'd never accuse any Muslim of "caring" about their family. Their tribe, yes...their religion absolutely...but their family? *snicker*

Old 02-18-2016, 01:15 PM

20,726 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Sept. 24 to observe, Eid al-Adha, also known as the “Festival of Sacrifice,”

Oh, finally I understand why Liberals have allied themselves with ultra conservative radicals. We are going to get another Federal Holiday out of it. I was really stumped there for awhile.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:27 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Look, this is America.

Any group that wants to can fight for what they want.

That's one of the beauties of our country.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:40 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
This proves that this reality we live in, was not supposed to be a happy one. I believe humans cycle over and over again through the same trials and tribulations. We found this continent, we fought the indians and we won it. We built a beautiful country, we made it the richest and most powerful in the world so our descendants would have a safe place to prosper for thousands of years (that was the dream).

Well, white guilt, liberal idiocy....you name it but we are giving it all away and are really sealing the doom of those descendants that we had such high hopes for. They will be raped, interbred right out of existence and this country will look like Mogadishu mostly with castles in gated off, exclusive areas for the super rich.

And then in a hundred years, a war will have to be fought to win it back...wash, rinse, repeat...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies