Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 10:38 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
All opinions were heard. I'm sure the choice of Mcdonald's, KFC and Taco Bell are sufficient (as disgusting as these chains are to me). Sure, Chik fil la can open nearby. No prob from me. I honestly don't get the outrage. I think you are misunderstanding how this all works. The students will still have plenty of high calorie, fatty, salty and low nutrition meals to chose from.
I'll let you in on a secret... The silent MAJORITY are waking up. This is what the 2016 election is all about. The MAJORITY of Americans actually voicing what they want. I'm not even a Trump fan and I can see whats going on. Look, Trump is barely religious yet he is winning the evangelical vote. He is a bully that is fighting against all the other bullies. So, maybe I am misunderstanding things? , or maybe you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 10:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Unfortunately, what you say is true. Opinions of gays, blacks, and other minorities are what counts now. I don't see that changing.

Are you saying they aren't American citizens? Why shouldn't their opinions count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let's get all hot and bothered over some silly campus antics at a remote small-time college that none of us attended and likely most have never even heard of.

[URL="http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003472457/Wheres-the-manufactured-outrage-from-the-right-98821041013_xlarge.jpeg"] A day w/o phony outrage is like a day without sunsh.. er, drizzly cold rain. [/URL]

Funny picture. Maybe we should have asked Justice Scalia for his birth certificate.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:43 PM

27,161 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
This seems to be happening to some degree. If you look at Chick Fil-A and remember how many people went to eat there after the protests. There are large numbers of americans rising up. It is a continual struggle. The 2016 elections are all about choosing which way you want to go. Ironically, Trump is not the most religious candidate, but he is the one "evangelicals" are voting for.
Basically, the libs, gays, colleges, black leaders, etc. are all alligned with the democrats. They represent political correctness. Trump (and Cruz to a lesser extent) represent common sense. This election is not so much conservative vs liberal as it is political correctness vs common sense. Or, pro-American vs multi- culturalism. Or good vs evil. Religious vs athiests.
majority vs minority. Givers/workers vs takers... You get my point.

This is the war we wage.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:11 PM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I think our country is gone- at least what it used to be- unless we turn back to God. ...
Absolutely not. "Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.†And they marveled at him."

Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times
All the "God" preaching folks obviously don't understand the whole church v. state thing.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
This seems to be happening to some degree. If you look at Chick Fil-A and remember how many people went to eat there after the protests. There are large numbers of americans rising up. It is a continual struggle. The 2016 elections are all about choosing which way you want to go. Ironically, Trump is not the most religious candidate, but he is the one "evangelicals" are voting for.
Basically, the libs, gays, colleges, black leaders, etc. are all alligned with the democrats. They represent political correctness. Trump (and Cruz to a lesser extent) represent common sense. This election is not so much conservative vs liberal as it is political correctness vs common sense. Or, pro-American vs multi- culturalism. Or good vs evil. Religious vs athiests.
majority vs minority. Givers/workers vs takers... You get my point.
You can be political correct and us common sense. One does not negate the other. Whats more than likely is that you are defining politically correct as something you disagree with rather than something that is actually a political nicety.

Nor does being multicultural make you unamerican. I highly doubt the only place you have eaten your entire life was McDonalds, or that all of your friends are white and trace their ancestry back to England, and are all of one specific Christian denomination.

America itself is multiculture from its very beginning.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:37 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,957,969 times
Oh hey look it's the right wing gay hate thread of the day.

It may seem that gays are vocal, but they are tired of discriminatory companies and religious extremists and in the case of the Chick Filet, a bigoted company has no business on a college campus.

Gays are not against the religious extremists, gays are trying to protect equal rightrs for EVERYONE and that means religious zealots don't get to kill us or push us to the back of the bus.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
...The 2016 elections are all about choosing which way you want to go. Ironically, Trump is not the most religious candidate, but he is the one "evangelicals" are voting for.
Basically, the libs, gays, colleges, black leaders, etc. are all aligned with the democrats. They represent political correctness. Trump (and Cruz to a lesser extent) represent common sense. This election is not so much conservative vs liberal as it is political correctness vs common sense. Or, pro-American vs multi- culturalism....majority vs minority. Givers/workers vs takers...
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, they they didn't vote to not allow the restaurant. They held a second vote, and Chick-fil-A was not even a choice. They removed it! (See what you miss when you don't read the article?)
This is a typical Stalinist tactic.

The Left has no respect for democracy or individual rights. It only cares about "group rights" and making sure it gets what it wants by any means necessary.

That's what these kids are being taught in our schools, colleges and universities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
...Besides, anyone who doesn't like Chick-fil-A for whatever reason, doesn't have to buy the product. That's called "voting in the marketplace," and that's how their opinion should be expressed, NOT by forcing another vote, and banning Chick-fil-A (which the majority had voted for) AFTER THE VOTE HAD ALREADY BEEN TAKEN, from even being on the ballot!

Do we remove the winner of an election from the ballot and hold another vote because some people didn't like the result?
I kind of wish we had done that with Obama after he won in 2012.

Have a second presidential election without his name on the ballot, and only Romney's name on the ballot.

It would have been fun to see the left react to that with impassioned defenses of majority vote. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
These minority extremists are bent on control. Their radical ideology took root in the protests of the 60s, which Bernie Sanders was a big part of. Cloaked behind the Viet Nam war, the one thing they've always been keen on is the destruction of the US government. Weather Underground, Black Panthers, Youth International Party, and players like Abbie Hoffman, Newton and Seale, Aires and Dohrn...etc. The one constant was a hatred for the US.

THEY are winning simply because they had the foresight to fight from within the very system they are determined to undermine.

WE are heading into a new dark age of ignorance under the guise (lie) of progressivism.
So true.

Progressivism, liberalism and leftism are all TOTALITARIAN in nature -- the very antithesis of what this country is supposed to be about, which is personal freedom and responsibility, individual rights, equal treatment before the law, uncensored speech, and equal representation.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:53 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
it's not unfortunate at all. why should your invisible man in the sky dictate how people live and who gets equality?

this approach fails in sharia law nations, and it would fail anywhere else. show me 1 prosperous country (WITHOUT OIL) that governs with sharia law.
Comparing God to Sharia law is totally assanine. I'll speak with you no longer.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:55 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Its about time.
I'm all for equality- just not preferential treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies