Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 11:38 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I agree with everything that you said...almost. The ruling elite of the entire world, the Money Cartel and their friends, were not the least bit affected by peasants. Getting out of the EU did not abolish fiat currency, usury, or partial reserve banking...Europeans as well as the rest of humanity are doing nothing to free themselves from their perpetual slavery to those who control the world economic system. This was only a silly trade pact, nothing more. The owners of the Bank of England, The Federal Reserve, IMF, Bank of Settlements, etc, Morgans, Rothschilds, Rockerfellers, Wahrburgs, etc have absolutely nothing to fear from any peasant on earth or any of their silly puppet debtor/slave "governments" that they use to manage their human chattel.

Sure a slap in the face will "offend" them maybe, but they still own the Plantation. So in the end, it does not matter in the least...
True-small victories though. Anything to stem the tide is a good thing.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:47 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
America used to be at the top of the education ladder in the industrialized world.
We are now down at near-bottom.
A large part of this is due to illegal immigration.
I was a teacher and saw it happen in many schools. Schools went from high ratings to low ratings as the increase of illegals (and legal immigrants that don't speak English) came about.
Sometimes more than half the kids didn't speak English.

Another cause is the bigotry of low expectations with blacks.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
America used to be at the top of the education ladder in the industrialized world.
We are now down at near-bottom.
A large part of this is due to illegal immigration.
I was a teacher and saw it happen in many schools. Schools went from high ratings to low ratings as the increase of illegals (and legal immigrants that don't speak English) came about.
Sometimes more than half the kids didn't speak English.

Another cause is the bigotry of low expectations with blacks.
"Our" "public" education is horrible because it is in the interest of the "government" to have drooling slaves and for no other reason...

Old 06-29-2016, 11:55 AM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I do not identify as a so called conservative, but who exactly would that be? I have seen them rally around the Constitutional Law , but I can never remember them actually asserting harmony between the forces behind it. One would have to be a hopeless ignoramus of early American politics not to know that Thomas Jefferson and Hamilton represented two powerful poles in George Washington's government alone. The forces behind the Federalization and the authors of the Bill of Rights were in no way in any sort of harmony. I would know me being a Patrick Henry sort of guy.

So please do summon all these people before us because I tend not to believe you. I smell a rat where you have implied you are some sort of elitist and all knowing intellectual standing as a light amongst a fictitious hoard of brigands. If there is anything the left does well over the stodgy, and boring slide rule methods of the conservatives, its their outrageous theatrics. This is the only victory over them I would concede on this post.
Believe what you wish. I don't care.

But when posters on this forum make statements like, "The Founding Fathers believed...", what do you think that implies?

Old 06-29-2016, 12:08 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
"The Brexit has laid bare the political schism of our time. It’s not about the left vs. the right; it’s about the sane vs. the mindlessly angry."?
Well, apparently you elites have done a rather $$hitty job governing us mindlessly-angry-ignorants, as 70% of Americans think we are on the wrong track thanks to the "leadership" of you elites....

Old 06-29-2016, 12:11 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Well, apparently you elites have done a rather $$hitty job governing us mindlessly-angry-ignorants, as 70% of Americans think we are on the wrong track thanks to the "leadership" of you elites....

I believe the article was pointed out to make fun of the elites, not to condone their false Divinity...

Old 06-29-2016, 12:12 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
As a person who is educated and a professional, I do worry about this.
In all honesty, I'm more terrified of the so-called "educated" than I am the uneducated.

"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depository of the public interests. In every country these two parties exist, and in every one where they are free to think, speak, and write, they will declare themselves. Call them, therefore, Liberals and Serviles, Jacobins and Ultras, Whigs and Tories, Republicans and Federalists, Aristocrats and Democrats, or by whatever name you please, they are the same parties still and pursue the same object. The last one of Aristocrats and Democrats is the true one expressing the essence of all." - Thomas Jefferson

"Even despots accept the excellence of liberty. The simple truth is that they wish to keep it for themselves and promote the idea that no one else is at all worthy of it. Thus, our opinion of liberty does not reveal our differences but the relative value which we place on our fellow man. We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country." - Alexis De Tocqueville

Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Believe what you wish. I don't care.
A feckless defense, just as I surmised.

Quote:
But when posters on this forum make statements like, "The Founding Fathers believed...", what do you think that implies?

Nothing without context. I don't merely believe anything. I verify facts and deal with the contend presented in context. I don't carpet bomb a bunny rabbit. .

I am more than willing to debunk Conservative associated mythologies with a rational approach, not some amorphous effigy you propped up. I will admit my bias. I loath them slightly less than liberals which seem to have all their brains leaked out.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
In all honesty, I'm more terrified of the so-called "educated" than I am the uneducated.

"Men by their constitutions are naturally divided into two parties: 1. Those who fear and distrust the people, and wish to draw all powers from them into the hands of the higher classes. 2. Those who identify themselves with the people, have confidence in them, cherish and consider them as the most honest and safe, although not the most wise depository of the public interests. In every country these two parties exist, and in every one where they are free to think, speak, and write, they will declare themselves. Call them, therefore, Liberals and Serviles, Jacobins and Ultras, Whigs and Tories, Republicans and Federalists, Aristocrats and Democrats, or by whatever name you please, they are the same parties still and pursue the same object. The last one of Aristocrats and Democrats is the true one expressing the essence of all." - Thomas Jefferson

"Even despots accept the excellence of liberty. The simple truth is that they wish to keep it for themselves and promote the idea that no one else is at all worthy of it. Thus, our opinion of liberty does not reveal our differences but the relative value which we place on our fellow man. We can state with conviction, therefore, that a man's support for absolute government is in direct proportion to the contempt he feels for his country." - Alexis De Tocqueville

People who receive higher education degrees and who are so-called intellectuals I do not consider them "educated."

I consider people to be "educated" who are open minded and who do not fall into mass generalizations based on various factors. Most of the intelligent, educated people I know do not have college degrees nor are they "elite."

I also am not "elite."

I would consider myself more of a reflection of who Thomas Jefferson was talking about in #2. However, I don't consider racist, xenophobic, extremist, ultra-religious persons to be in my same class. And unfortunately, us #2s are diminishing.

Too many people today do not think. They just accept what is fed to them. IMO they are stupid. The stupid, uneducated (not willing to learn or think) masses are the only things I fear in life. Unfortunately, stupidity and ignorance it seems is becoming popular and even though it may be deleted or I'll be cited, I will state that a majority of those persons who post in this thread and who think of themselves as "common people" are stupid, uneducated, unthinking people whose goal in life it seems is to pass ignorance and insanity off as something to be proud of.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Good god people, they did not vote to throw out their government and all institutions in some Bolshevik style revolution, they voted to no longer be part of a political union, one single political union in which not even all of the world nor all of Europe is even part of.

Just because they are physically located in Europe does not mean they should be part of the EU, I do not see people going crazy that Switzerland, Iceland, and Norway are not part of the EU.

The UK will simply resort to what the US, China, and most of the world does, sign trade agreements with the EU and most importantly, sign trade agreements with other countries without going through the EU.

Experts? The experts brought us the 2008 financial crisis. If they were such experts, they would not need trillion dollar bail outs.
Excellent post k350.

Ok, back to fear mongering and drama OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies