Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2016, 05:00 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
...I'm sure I missed some, but wow.
Wow. So much effort to try to justify liberal hypocrisy, exemplified by the SF homeless crisis. I must have struck a nerve...

Old 03-14-2016, 06:53 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As much as it takes to resolve San Francisco's homeless crisis. Shouldn't the very Dem/liberal city of San Francisco be setting an example for the support of the poor and the homeless? Dems always claim to be champions of the poor. Well... SHOW it, San Franciscans! Your homeless need your help. Pay up!
So basically you have zero interest in having an actual conversation seeing it looks like you are stuck on a loop and keep repeating yourself on something you lack any knowledge in.....guess we are done talking.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
So basically you have zero interest in having an actual conversation
How is asking liberals to actually put their money where their mouths are and then asking why they refuse to do so not an actual conversation? It's a legitimate question. No one has given an answer.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:53 AM

211 posts, read 114,079 times
Quote:
How is asking liberals to actually put their money where their mouths are and then asking why they refuse to do so not an actual conversation? It's a legitimate question. No one has given an answer.
The problem is that intentions are usually about as far as most Liberals go. Its always demanding the government fix a problem rather than volunteering yourself, or taxing "the rich" to solve a problem when "the rich" simply means people that earn more than they do.

Giving to a cause by reaching into someone else's pockets is not compassion.

In my city, there are many resources for the homeless and needy, which are mostly private, faith-based charities who reach out to directly help these people. There are plenty of beds for the homeless and meals for the hungry because of the direct charity and compassion these groups provide. Very few panhandlers can be found around town. I've never seen anyone sleeping on a sidewalk.

Expecting the government to help is just passive well-wishing and only serves to make the individual feel better.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:54 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Because the Trickle Down Economy that imagined by the Right is a fantasy.

San Francisco is proof.

Trickle down does work... but the people have to make an effort to access the stream.

------------------------

I was reading through some of the back and forth about solving the problem, utopias, liberals, handouts, etc...

At some point, we have to realize that some people don't want to work. It's not a liberal/conservative issue - and there is no solution. They do not want to work. So what do you do? Giving them free stuff is like feeding the animals. They learn that others will feed them, and they will not learn to provide for themselves, and the problem persists. So what is the solution?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 03-14-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 03-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
The problem is that intentions are usually about as far as most Liberals go. Its always demanding the government fix a problem rather than volunteering yourself, or taxing "the rich" to solve a problem when "the rich" simply means people that earn more than they do.
Fair enough, but why isn't San Francisco taxing their rich residents more to resolve the SF homeless crisis? Isn't that the liberal mantra, that the rich should pay their fair share to promote equality? But here we have an example of a city of rich residents who lean very heavily Dem/liberal, but the SF rich aren't taxed more to fund a solution for the SF homeless they've displaced. How is that anything but hypocritical?

And another question I've asked but not one liberal has been able to answer... Why won't the wealthy liberal gentrifying liberal/Dem San Franciscans pay higher local taxes to fund housing and basic necessities for the poor and the homeless they've displaced?

Old 03-14-2016, 10:36 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Liberal San Francisco could fix that with very high local taxes on everyone but the poor and the homeless, and the redistribution of wealth.

Come on, do it and show us an example of liberal ideology in actual practice!

Most liberals don't believe in redistribution of wealth, especially in San Francisco.

It is this type of uninformed over generalization that makes your argument silly.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Trickle down does work... but the people have to make an effort to access the stream.
------------------------
I was reading through some of the back and forth about solving the problem, utopias, liberals, handouts, etc...

At some point, we have to realize that some people don't want to work. It's not a liberal/conservative issue - and there is no solution. They do not want to work. So what do you do? Giving them free stuff is like feeding the animals. They learn that others will feed them, and they will not learn to provide for themselves, and the problem persists. So what is the solution?

No. The problem is the stream is too small and the trickle too few for the those at the bottom.

The only people who thinks Trickle Down works are those who never see how small the leftover is at the bottom.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Wow. So much effort to try to justify liberal hypocrisy, exemplified by the SF homeless crisis. I must have struck a nerve...

Really? This is what you come up with?

You must have written close to twenty posts on this thread and now instead of asking me, someone who lives in SF, what the real dynamics are. You choose to completely close off yourself and just dip into your vast ocean of ignorance and double down on silly arguments and stereotypes.

And you right-wingers wonder why we San Franciscans shake our heads and laugh at you guys.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:44 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyogaH View Post
Giving to a cause by reaching into someone else's pockets is not compassion.
In my city, there are many resources for the homeless and needy, which are mostly private, faith-based charities who reach out to directly help these people. There are plenty of beds for the homeless and meals for the hungry because of the direct charity and compassion these groups provide. Very few panhandlers can be found around town. I've never seen anyone sleeping on a sidewalk.
Expecting the government to help is just passive well-wishing and only serves to make the individual feel better.
I see, the liberals since they apparently all belong to a secret society and know each other on a first name basis should get together and solve homelessness..umm yeah sure that would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies