Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2018, 11:43 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
So, you have no mature response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your political arguments are so in depth and well though out.
Hey now, you guys don’t play that “you got no comeback”/“we sooo mature” card on me. That’s just too much y’all got me grinning ear to ear. I swanny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 11:49 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
So now we have a few more polls other than the biased Rasmussen and can see that Trump enjoyed about a 4 point bounce for reading the SOTU message without screwing up. There appears to be about 5% of the population that still believe he can "act" presidential. So much for that. Over the weekend, he went back to Twitter and acted like his old self again, so expect the bounce to fade soon.

Old 02-05-2018, 11:57 AM

1,330 posts, read 698,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Hey now, you guys don’t play that “you got no comeback”/“we sooo mature” card on me. That’s just too much y’all got me grinning ear to ear. I swanny.
Except, you don't have a response.

You're the one who made the claim that "liberals are going to come back to Trump like teens do mommy and daddy", of which I said is not going to be the case due to his personality. If he were an actual likable person (like GW Bush), I could see the more conservative Democrats moving to a more neutral position, but Trump isn't a likable person to most. Even my super conservative republican grandmother has used the word "repulsive" when talking about Trump.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:02 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,931,653 times
Quote:
Except, you don't have a response.

You're the one who made the claim that "liberals are going to come back to Trump like teens do mommy and daddy", of which I said is not going to be the case due to his personality. If he were an actual likable person (like GW Bush), I could see the more conservative Democrats moving to a more neutral position, but Trump isn't a likable person to most. Even my super conservative republican grandmother has used the word "repulsive" when talking about Trump.
Ok fella, you got the last word in and “set me straight”. Tell grandma I said hello.

Old 02-05-2018, 12:21 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Rasmussen released the report of Monday, 2/5/18.

Trump approval 49%.
Trump disapproval 49%
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

On Feb 4, 2010, Obama had approval of 46%.
On Feb 4, 2010, Obama had a disapproval of 53%
Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports®

Trump could win easily.
Quote:
.................The issue with approval ratings is they don't mean a single thing. On the contrary to your opinion, Trump could lose easily too. It wouldn't take much to have someone who is more moderate, doesn't have baggage and is actually likable as a person win against Trump.
I am aware that Trump could easily lose, and I'm sure he is, too.
Rasmussen is one of the few pollsters who uses Likely Voters, so I like to follow them.

Most Obamacrats believe that he was and is uber-popular. The point of my comment is to show that he is not and was not, and to point out that being under water in terms of approval is not necessarily a prediction of failure.

Approval/disapproval of 49/49 is a problem for Democrats during the off year election cycle in that there are not enough Trump haters to get Democrats elected in marginal areas.
Bill Clinton, for example had a disapproval rating of greater than 50% for 6 months before the 94 elections where Republicans took over in a 54 seat swing. History indicates that if Trump cannot get his disapproval rating below 50% and keep it there, the Republicans in the legislature will pay the price.

So I disagree. Approval ratings do mean something. Disapproval ratings mean something, too.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:02 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Update on 2/6/2018

Trump again held an approval of 49%/disapproval of 50%.
Poll taken among likely voters.
Poll. 2/6/18

Old 02-06-2018, 01:06 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Update on 2/6/2018

Trump again held an approval of 49%/disapproval of 50%.
Poll taken among likely voters.
Poll. 2/6/18
And the IBD poll puts him at 35%.

The RCP average, which is probably less biased then Rasmussen, has him at 42%-which is slightly higher then recently.

Seriously folks, cherry piking the poll with the best result makes about as much sense as cherry picking the poll with the worst result. The worst part of it is...that even the best result has most of us disapproving of him.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:11 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And the IBD poll puts him at 35%.

The RCP average, which is probably less biased then Rasmussen, has him at 42%-which is slightly higher then recently.

Seriously folks, cherry piking the poll with the best result makes about as much sense as cherry picking the poll with the worst result. The worst part of it is...that even the best result has most of us disapproving of him.
Has there ever been a single poll, since he entered the race through his first year in office, where his approvals were higher than his disapprovals? I don't think so. And has there ever been a president before him where that was the case? Again, I don't think so.

That is the story.

Old 02-06-2018, 01:18 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Has there ever been a single poll, since he entered the race through his first year in office, where his approvals were higher than his disapprovals? I don't think so. And has there ever been a president before him where that was the case? Again, I don't think so.

That is the story.
Up until march of 2017 the Rasmussen poll did.
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

So your "I dont think so" is in fact wrong. Happy to help.

SAME poll (which is highly biased towards republicans) Gave obama positive approvals above 50% for his first year:

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports®

Any more nonsense?

Old 02-06-2018, 01:26 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

That is the story.
Has there ever been a president in which with most media outlets 90% of their coverage is negative?

I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies