Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 03:49 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
We’re not self-hating at all. We just don’t buy into white victimhood.
And none of us use white victimhood, we just refuse to let the jackasses on the left attack us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 04:25 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
And none of us use white victimhood, we just refuse to let the jackasses on the left attack us.
You have to admit it’s ironic to talk of “jackasses on the left” while simultaneously supporting the biggest jackass ever elected POTUS.

It’s also not true that Trump supporters don’t play the white victimhood card. Polls say otherwise.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:52 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Except none of them fall under the definition of racism with the exception of actions BY HIS FAMILIES COMPANY that may have happened in the 70's.
Yes, one of the examples given in the thread was a settlement in (IIRC) 1972. That was 46 years ago, and Trump would have been 26 years old. Supposing for the sake of argument that Trump had adopted his dad's racist approach. Is he not allowed to mature and change his mind over the course of 46 years?

Democrats cut Robert Byrd slack when he claimed to have changed after being a KKK recruiter as a young man. But know such thing for Trump. And the case against Byrd is WAY stronger than that against Trump.

Old 11-30-2018, 04:58 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,012,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Not logically challenged at all.

I’m a white man, but not a white identity voter, nor do I make common cause with white racists for the sake of tax cuts or judicial appointments. Therefore, I’m not a Republican, because that’s the essence of the current GOP coalition. Lincoln and TR are no longer honored in their old party.
But you still don't answer the question. Here, I'll give you a third chance:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/53743296-post96.html

If Trump's support from white nationalists is indicative of Trump's racism, as you argued, is Obama's support from anti-Semites indicative of Obama's anti-Semitism?

Old 11-30-2018, 05:02 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
And contrary to your definition, Liberalism is NOT a mental disorder.
Correct. It's a scam. One that lots of people have fallen for.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:25 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,719 times
Everyone knows what it is with Trump so why dance around the obvious?

This feels like a ploy for someone with similar mindset as Trump to get their rocks off by revisiting his venom vicariously through the targets of his rhetoric. Kind of like killers who keep trophies from their victims like a drivers license of a pair of draws. Sorry, not going to bite.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:42 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Maybe you should search out the FBI report on that renter thing and bring yourself up to speed.
You weren't posting to me, but just so you know, we don't need no FBI report. Archived news tells it all. btw: i'm old and remember the donald from back when ...

btw too: these were not available before the donald was elected, well at least to me they weren't, as I checked and couldn't find one archive; now there's dozens. I wanted them so as to post to my fb account when he was running for office, because I couldn't believe my family and friends were swooning all over this guy. But as it is I deleted my fb account before he took office and have felt better ever since.

Major Landlord Accused Of Antiblack Bias in City
"The Department of Justice, charging discrimination against blacks in apartment rentals, brought suit in Federal Court in Brooklyn yesterday against the Trump Management Corporation, a major owner and manager of real estate here."

I've got like 3 more archived articles like that one pulled up, but I'm just going to post my fav w/fav quote.

NEW YORK; DOER AND SLUMLORD BOTH
"A recent profile in The Washington Post quoted him as saying he was ready to take on new, world-sized tasks - referring to his heretofore unrevealed wish to become the nation's negotiator on arms limitation with the Soviet Union. He says he's a master negotiator, and could do a better job on arms talks than ''the kind of representatives that I have seen in the past.'' Becoming an expert on nuclear weaponry would be easy, he said. ''It would take an hour and a half to learn everything there is to learn about missiles,'' he explained. ''I think I know most of it anyway."

Now doesn't that make every one feel just warm and fuzzy all over, knowing the Trump is in charge of our security and defense. I feel safer already. If it wasn't for Trump's over sized ego he might be an alright dude. But as it is ...

Old 11-30-2018, 11:00 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
In my opinion he was labeled a racist by the media when he entered the presidential race.
And when he became a Republican.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:44 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
most likely being conflated with his father, barack hussein obama, who was born in kenya.

but you could check with mariam goderich who wrote the bio blurb and admits the error was on her part ( the same brochure also got wrong the year that tip o'neil became speaker of the house in his bio blurb ).
Riiiiiight. An error that was allowed year after year after year after year after year after year........

Didn't Obama read the publication......ever?

Old 12-01-2018, 11:57 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,987,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Trump marked applications with a C for colored in the 70's.
In 2015 he called for the complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US.
In 2016 he said a federal judge was biased because of his Mexican heritage.
He said the 15,000 immigrants from Haiti all had Aids.
He said that Obama was not born in the US but was born in Kenya.
He took out a full page ad in New York Newspapers in 1989 urging the death penalty for 5 black teenagers accused of raping a white women. They were exonerated.

He said he didn't trust black people to count his money.
"I've got black accountants at Trump castle and at Trump plaza. Black guys counting my money. I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money, no one else."
Talking about a black guy, he said "I think that guy is lazy. And it's probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that."
Where's the proof?
Muslim isn't a race. It's a religion.
Mexican heritage isn't a race. Latino or Hispanic is.
Where's the proof?
Questioning a birth nation of another person has nothing to do with race.
Getting emotional about a crime isn't racist.

Where's the proof?
Where's the proof?

Just because someone writes someone writes about something DT said in the 1980's in a book they're hawking doesn't make it true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies