Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2020, 05:18 AM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Dreamer!! Trump didn't have near the crowd he thought he would have at this rally. They had to cancel the outdoor part of the evening because there was only a small group attending that speech. Those few people were invited inside. But there were not enough attendees inside to fill the arena. Lots of empty seats. So not anywhere near the 19,000 Trump claimed would attend.

Sounds like Trump is losing his appeal.
I'm amazed that you thought coronavirus would have no impact on crowd size....
And what would Biden get? Like 63 people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
We will see next week when the new polls come out and the Tulsa rally is over. I think you are overly optimistic on how popular trump is. Lots of people don't like him at all even if they don’t love Biden. If polls show differently are you going to say the polls are wrong?
Trump is doing FOUR rallies, that's why I said "25 is a good start, the rallies will push Trump up to 50+ most likely".
And Trump only needs to narrow the margin, he never needs to lead the polls, because we saw in 2016 he was behind in most swing state polls heading into November.
In Wisconsin he was down by 6.5 on November 7th, according to RealClearPolitics.
That kind of margin is ok.
But Michigan is 8.6 at the moment, and I'd prefer to narrow that margin.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:49 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I'm amazed that you thought coronavirus would have no impact on crowd size....

Oh, I thought the coronavirus would have an impact on the crowd. But Trump obviously didn't because he rented all that space, hired musicians, etc. for a crowd that didn't come. He is an ego maniac.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, I thought the coronavirus would have an impact on the crowd. But Trump obviously didn't because he rented all that space, hired musicians, etc. for a crowd that didn't come. He is an ego maniac.
Maybe BLM had an impact too, very easy to fear those.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:30 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Today, Biden up by 9%.

All the hype about Tulsa and the usual Trump lies of over a million tickets sold the place was half empty. Trump devastated!

Old 06-21-2020, 09:37 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Maybe BLM had an impact too, very easy to fear those.
oh please, go look at the video of people arriving at the event. There was a sidewalk kept clear and only used for rally attendees, BLM wasn't anywhere close to them, you're getting desperate.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:39 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Trump is doing FOUR rallies, that's why I said "25 is a good start, the rallies will push Trump up to 50+ most likely".
And Trump only needs to narrow the margin, he never needs to lead the polls, because we saw in 2016 he was behind in most swing state polls heading into November.
In Wisconsin he was down by 6.5 on November 7th, according to RealClearPolitics.
That kind of margin is ok.
But Michigan is 8.6 at the moment, and I'd prefer to narrow that margin.
Then we will see after the next 3 rallies. I just don’t think your correct and all indications are that he “won’t likely” increase in the polls to that large a degrees, but anything is possible. Clearly he is going to have to change the hype and pr statements for the next ones. Last night was not good no matter how you spin it.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
oh please, go look at the video of people arriving at the event. There was a sidewalk kept clear and only used for rally attendees, BLM wasn't anywhere close to them, you're getting desperate.
Wrong.
If a Trump supporter fears BLM, they won't even leave their house to attend that rally, especially if they live far away and have no way of assessing the situation.
So it makes no difference whether the sidewalk was kept clear, because Trump supporters were not aware of the state of the sidewalk when they decided whether or not to attend.
We will see what happens in the next rally, maybe Trump supporters will not fear BLM after seeing how safe it was....
But of course it depends on the location and how rabid BLM are in each location, so Trump supporters may still have a reason to fear BLM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Then we will see after the next 3 rallies. I just don’t think your correct and all indications are that he “won’t likely” increase in the polls to that large a degrees, but anything is possible. Clearly he is going to have to change the hype and pr statements for the next ones. Last night was not good no matter how you spin it.
Well, "thinking" is the biggest problem on the internet.
Nearly all thoughts and assumptions are wrong....
All indications? There are no indications, because there have been no rallies for several months.
So your "indications" are all imaginary.
The fact is Trump hardly needs any increase, because as late as October 18th 2016 Hillary led by 7.1 in the RCP national average, so why would anyone care if Biden leads by 8 or 9 in June?

Last edited by MAGAalot; 06-21-2020 at 10:10 AM..

Old 06-21-2020, 10:07 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Wrong.
If a Trump supporter fears BLM, they won't even leave their house to attend that rally, especially if they live far away and have no way of assessing the situation.
So it makes no difference whether the sidewalk was kept clear, because Trump supporters were not aware of the state of the sidewalk when they decided whether or not to attend.
We will see what happens in the next rally, maybe Trump supporters will not fear BLM after seeing how safe it was....
But of course it depends on the location.
Maybe what the Trump supporters feared was covid-19.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Maybe what the Trump supporters feared was covid-19.
Yes, that too, that was in my earlier post.
BLM was the secondary reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies