Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 12:15 AM

7 posts, read 13,779 times

Advertisements

I just read post complaining that the government was going top much stuff for free, like healthcare, diapers or water.

Since Christianity mostly accepts that charity is an important part of being Christian, why are they grouped with Republicans/capitalists in politics?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:20 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
...huh??

Old 03-15-2016, 12:41 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Because Jesus didn't like gays, homosexuals, transvestites and gay marriage is an abomination. Oh yeah and the Estate Tax is baaad. And Jesus don't appreciate you taken my guns. And tax breaks for the wealthiest will trickle to you. And Most importantly Jesus didn't approve of no sinnin' liberals.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:47 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Because Jesus didn't like gays, homosexuals, transvestites and gay marriage is an abomination. Oh yeah and the Estate Tax is baaad. And Jesus don't appreciate you taken my guns. And tax breaks for the wealthiest will trickle to you. And Most importantly Jesus didn't approve of no sinnin' liberals.

oops --- wrong Jesus. Oh well. Carry on anyway.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:02 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I don't know that the charity-focused Christians actually do align with right wing politics. The fire and brimstone, hate thy neighbor Christians certainly do, as do the greedy "Jesus is going to rain a pile of cash down upon me" Christians.

Speaking of hypocritical greedy Christians.... Fast times on Kruse Way: Aequitas' goes off course into scandal | OregonLive.com

Nothing says Christ quite like a $350 million Ponzi scheme and trying to make a quick buck by buying up loans from a scam college.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:23 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regorde View Post
I just read post complaining that the government was going top much stuff for free, like healthcare, diapers or water.

Since Christianity mostly accepts that charity is an important part of being Christian, why are they grouped with Republicans/capitalists in politics?
So if I steal your money and give it to someone else, you consider that to be charity? Last I checked, charity was considered to be voluntary giving.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:

Considering approximately 80% of Americans identify as Christian thats a lot of free stuff.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:46 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:

Forcibly taking someone else's money and giving it away isn't charity. Liberals never seem to understand the distinction.

Charity:

1.) the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:54 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
The religion itself became corrupted by Rome very early on. The Catholic Church is essentially a corporation. Paul who said "He who doesn't work should not eat" (which could just as easily apply to rich investors and trust fund kids) probably didn't help either with making Christianity more militant.

Jesus is about as left wing as you can get. Was he hanging out with the rich and famous that GOP voters idolize? No, he was hanging out with the homeless, poor, autistics, prostitutes, and tax collectors while he wasn't building people cabinets and letting them wash their feet. He even said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's" so he had no problem with government taxation per se or at the very least did not advise his followers to confront the government.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:56 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Forcibly taking someone else's money and giving it away isn't charity. Liberals never seem to understand the distinction.

Charity:

1.) the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.
But it is voluntary, through democracy. Are you against public schools and think every road should be a toll road? Because that is a form of government welfare too, having free schools and roads. So is the national defense budget. Why is it okay to "steal" money from taxpayers for nuclear missiles but not for preventing kids from starving?

If you don't believe in taxes at all you might as well not believe in America. Of course if more people truly embraced Jesus Christ we wouldn't need taxes and wouldn't need to work nearly as hard as we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies