Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 06:02 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,956,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I wouldn't write them off but I'd like to get to know what they believe is considered a feminist.

There are two self-claimed "feminists" in my family.. one of them is my MIL's partner. I have a difficult holding discussions with her at times because everything seems to degrade into a "Man's world" line of reasoning rather than examining all possible reasons for life's outcomes. It is utterly frustrating....

I couldn't date anyone who had that narrow view of the world.
"Feminist" is like "Hispanic": the words ain't real honest if talking about certain kinds of people.

A feminist of 1964 MIGHT be a Sarah Palin in 2016. I say that cause word was a lady "couldn't" run for POTUS or even VP 50 years ago cause it wasn't Ok with MOST people then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 06:43 PM

15,091 posts, read 10,181,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Feminist" is like "Hispanic": the words ain't real honest if talking about certain kinds of people.

A feminist of 1964 MIGHT be a Sarah Palin in 2016. I say that cause word was a lady "couldn't" run for POTUS or even VP 50 years ago cause it wasn't Ok with MOST people then.
Quick search from wiki...

"Hispanic"

The term Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico, Galician: hispánico, Asturian: hispanu, Basque: hispaniar, Catalan: hispà,[1][2] hispàno[3]) broadly refers to the people, nations, and cultures that have a historical link to Spain.

"Feminist"

Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, personal, and social rights for women.

I am not getting your attempt to make a connection between Hispanic and Feminist terms...

If you are saying that the term Feminist varies from time period to time period... of course... Ideologies, political movements, social perceptions are all change with time (unlike Hispanic). Which is why I would not write them off as dating potential until I understand where she is coming from. Let me rephrase... I WOULD consider dating someone who is a feminist. As I said, I have a MIL who sees every-little-issue in her life as a gender issue.. dating someone like that would be terrible.... make me feel like I was dating a man-hater. But if it is a strong woman who believes that women should be treated equally and fairly (good and bad), then yes.... my wife probably falls in that category... somewhat.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:12 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,665,829 times
As long as she isn't a Republican or a christian. Those are the only women I would never date under any circumstances.

Oh, wait - smokers, alcoholics, or drug addicts too. Want nothing to do with any of those. Feminists? Sure, fine. In fact, I wouldn't have any respect for any woman who wasn't one.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:23 PM

41,458 posts, read 59,950,086 times
Smiling Al - you said it before I got the chance.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:24 PM

33,416 posts, read 12,714,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
I would only date a feminist. I'm not really attracted to women who are submissive and obedient and have no clue of their rights or whether or not they are being exploited.
Grasshopper, you are either very young, have never dated a smart woman who grew up (or has spent a considerable portion of her life) in the South, or both.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:30 PM

23 posts, read 31,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I takes a real man to date a feminist. A lot of you don't qualify.
Feminism is brainwashing. Why waste time on one of the *******?!?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:52 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,649,462 times
No. I don't need any clarification.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,041,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post

I'm not a woman but I too want to know what kind of man wants a woman who is unaware of her rights and just obediently follows the lead and counsel of her boyfriend or husband and is generally too ignorant to know when she's being exploited?
Are you saying that a woman who decides to follow the lead of her male partner is necessarily "ignorant" and "exploited"?

Old 05-12-2016, 09:55 PM

617 posts, read 350,878 times
Maybe shank is cucked?

Old 05-13-2016, 01:00 AM

914 posts, read 741,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

However, people constantly do this with men. Even other men do it.
"He's not a real man", etc.
I agree, and it's so annoying. What does that even mean, a "real" man? I just roll my eyes when I read/hear people say "He's not a real man" (or any variation thereof). I'm a feminist by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I know a lot of feminists. Too many of them are very arrogant, aggressive, lack sense of humor, cannot tolerate critics, very sour and have a lot of complexes. And usually fat and ugly.
Yep, the dream girl... Yikes.
I know a lot of men who are arrogant, aggressive, lack sense of humour, cannot tolerate critics, very sour and have a lot of complexes. I don't think this has anything to do with feminism. And nice one, throwing in the fat and ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtHansen View Post
Maybe shank is cucked?
How did you come to that conclusion?

Anyway, off to burn my bra now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies