Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I realize that fighting evil with something other than apology and cower is taboo to many people these days, but fighting back is the only real option at this point.
Tell the Belgians, not me. I'm not under attack.

BTW...I don't see you fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Some of our non US citizen posters outside of the US complain about how this country does things, I just hope you're as offended about them saying stuff as you are about us Americans saying stuff about other countries.

IMHO Belgium and so on need to start playing rough with those ghetto trash "Arab Muslims". Period.
Thanks. I'm sure the Belgians will take your words under advisement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 10:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's THEIR law. What are YOU so upset for?
Umm, I could have been standing at the American Airlines ticket counter. Is that a good enough reason to have a say in Belgian laws.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
It is not the US' business what Belgium does with Molenbeek.
Not when I am boarding my plane in THEIR capital.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

IMHO Belgium and so on need to start playing rough with those ghetto trash "Arab Muslims". Period.
At a minimum they should shut down the "after hours" bomb making parties. 9pm to 5am is when TATP is flowing.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:56 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You're in the Philly Metro area.
How would you like it if Belgium or some other foreign country sent in troops to "take down" Camden, North Philly, and Chester?

We CAN threaten to pull NATO out of Belgium unless they do something. The Bush Administration threatened to pull NATO out of Brussels unless the Belgians dropped war crimes charges against Powell, Rumsfeld, and Franks. Those charges were dropped ASAP

Last edited by majoun; 03-24-2016 at 11:05 PM..

Old 03-24-2016, 11:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Umm, I could have been standing at the American Airlines ticket counter. Is that a good enough reason to have a say in Belgian laws.
No.

You're gonna die one day. Get used to the idea.
Quote:
Like Al Pacino said, "you could get killed walking your doggie."
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You're in the Philly Metro area.
How would you like it if Belgium or some other foreign country sent in troops to "take down" Camden, North Philly, and Chester, since the US hasn't done anything to stop the violence in those places?
It is not the US' place to take down Molenbeek.
As I've already said in this thread we CAN threaten to pull NATO out unless they do something. The Bush Administration threatened to pull NATO out of Brussels unless the Belgians dropped war crimes charges against Powell, Rumsfeld, and Franks. Those charges were dropped ASAP
Damn shame that they did.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:16 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Tell the Belgians, not me. I'm not under attack.

BTW...I don't see you fighting.
The US has been under attack by Islam, and their attacks have increased after 16 years of apology politics. Your city/town may not be under attack - yet. But those terrorists in Belgium can plot attacks from there and hit anywhere in the world.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:12 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,002,336 times
When gun control, higher education, or Healthcare are brought up, I don't see people telling those from outside the US to mind their own business. Yet when it comes to national security, Americans are not allowed to discuss the issues outside their borders?

Seems to me more of a tactic to dissuade a tough topic with no easy solution for those with a certain narrative

Old 03-25-2016, 10:20 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Ok, I think this is gone too far. This guy hid down the street from the NATO headquarters for 4 months. They were sheltered, fed, clothed, and found resources to make their suitcases bombs, then killed more. The fantasy that the "community" will turn in the jihadist hasn't obviously worked. How long can we afford to hang on to this fantasy? Molenbeek is truly a no go zone in Belgium. You can't have a country where entire neighborhoods are essentially autonomous regions. Time to go door to door, take names and find out who lives in every apartment and generally find out "what the hell is going on". It's time to take down Molenbeek.
Why stop at Molenbeek? I think the Devil's island type of punishment should be re-instated. When a Jihadist is identified anywhere in the world every living relative of the Jihadist should be sent there(to whatever isolated spot in the world would suffice). It may be extreme, but it would go a lot further to solve the problem. I don't care if they are innocent. First, it would give the Jihadist pause for causing his relatives pain. Second, by giving exemption to relatives who turn in the Jihadists, it would help rid the world of them.

I am not heartless, just pragmatic. I didn't cause the problem. I am just offering up a viable solution.

Old 03-25-2016, 10:39 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
I love how people who refuse to educate themselves about certain situations try over and over to squelch the discussions those more educated are having.

It's like it's not enough for them to remain naive and ignorant, they don't want anyone discussing something they cannot quite grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies