Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 09:07 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,340,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Good! Liberals banned God and the 10 commandments from the classroom, we ban Budda and yoga. Equal rights are great!
Buddha is not a god and yoga is not a religion.

And as far as I know, almost every American schoolchild invokes god every single day with their hand over their heart, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all."

Old 03-26-2016, 09:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ummmm...no.

The Constitution says you are guaranteed freedom of religion.... not freedom from exposure to any and all religious symbols and traditions in society.

It just means the government cannot choose or enforce on the people any particular religion over another.

The free exercise clause means that just because you are free to choose any religion... or none at all, does not mean you have a right to deny others from practicing their religion in public places.
When you accommodate one then there is an obligation to accommodate all.

Old 03-26-2016, 09:36 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times
GA is really racking up those tolerance points lately.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:48 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
What does the Buddha have to do with yoga.
"Forget it, he's rollin'"

It is kinda funny when the people who could have benefited from at last a passing introduction to the concepts are insisting that others be kept as ignorant as they themselves are.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:19 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Lol, I'll remember this next time anyone tries to give liberals any grief over being oversensitive.
I agree. Right-wing Independent Fundamental Baptists are probably the most easily-offended, oversensitive people in America.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
I was rather under the impression this was implemented as an exercise/PE sort of thing. Its kind of a girl thing, everyone I know who does Yoga is female. Yea, there are guys who do it to, but I don't know any who do. But, I digress. Yoga, as practiced here in the US, is no more religious than Karate, Aikido, or Kung Fu, amongst many others. The afore mentioned all have roots in Buddhism, Taoism, and Shinto. As things are now, in this century, practicing a physical art does not mean one has adopted the religion that originally developed it.

As a Christian , myself, I hardly see the practice of a physical art as contrary to what Christ taught. This is overblown. Somebody looking for an excuse to kick up dust.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:36 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I was rather under the impression this was implemented as an exercise/PE sort of thing. Its kind of a girl thing, everyone I know who does Yoga is female. Yea, there are guys who do it to, but I don't know any who do.
I haven't experienced that at all. One of my favorite classes is run by a man. And there is usually a few guys in my class. Obviously not as many men as women, but I have noticed more men lately.

The clients at my job have a yoga class twice a week, I've never had a guy refuse, but we have had some reluctant men who ended up really enjoying it.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:39 PM

548 posts, read 473,376 times
Conservatives are such crybabies. Typical garbage in the south. No wonder that area is such a sh**hole.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I was rather under the impression this was implemented as an exercise/PE sort of thing. Its kind of a girl thing, everyone I know who does Yoga is female. Yea, there are guys who do it to, but I don't know any who do.
The only guys who do it are trying to get laid.

Let's face it, yoga is pretty damn stupid. It ain't exercise. What happened to jumping jacks? Kids too fat to jump?

What kind of stress do elementary kids face? This whole thing is stupid on its face.

Old 03-26-2016, 04:56 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The only guys who do it are trying to get laid.

Let's face it, yoga is pretty damn stupid. It ain't exercise. What happened to jumping jacks? Kids too fat to jump?

What kind of stress do elementary kids face? This whole thing is stupid on its face.
Have you ever actually tried yoga?

My husband does Yoga, but he's definitely not trying to get laid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies