Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:35 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Ok...

I want to be able to carry my gun. Everywhere. No you can't question why. I can shoot wherever I want. Don't like it, you're a bigot!

Basically the same argument.
Too bad the Republicans won't let you at their convention, despite the pleas from the Open Carry supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 09:40 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times
[quote=natalie469;43816247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Ok...

I want to be able to carry my gun. Everywhere. No you can't question why. I can shoot wherever I want. Don't like it, you're a bigot!

Basically the same argument.[/QUOTE]

Oh good grief not the same argument at all. I am talking about humans....you know real people. How has conservatives helped them.
*Have

How have liberals helped them besides making them poorer and lazier?

Old 04-23-2016, 10:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Too bad the Republicans won't let you at their convention, despite the pleas from the Open Carry supporters.
Golly its Pat Casey and Joe Lieberman at the Democrat convention all over. Remember? When the DNC barred anyone against killing babies from speaking? I believe that was the same convention where the Democrats booed children who were Boy Scouts.

The best word I have to describe Democrats is trash.

Old 04-24-2016, 07:01 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,701,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
The "Conservative" vs "Liberal/Progressive" debate is one that we have often in this country. If you go to, say, Central/South America, most of Asia (India, Japan, China, etc.), most people are very Conservative-leaning in their attitudes toward marriage, politics, child rearing, etc. In fact, a good percentage of the world would make Ted Cruz sound like a Liberal apologist.

Don't exactly know why that is, but most Americans seem not to notice.
This is laughable. Asia? When they have cultures that existed for thousands of years and much older than the U.S. Central and South America? The hotbed of revolution for much of the past 50 years that would make any U.S. conservative cringe?

And yes they are conservative towards those issues that you mentioned specifically. Others are debatable.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:05 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Because he's a self absorbed idiot?

Old 04-24-2016, 12:16 PM

36 posts, read 49,724 times
Guilt, they feel guilty for being white so they embark on their SJW conquest to bash white culture, heritage, anything to appeal more tolerant and accepting of everyone who isn't white. So many of them try to be the white knights of equality and diversity. They feel guilty for being a man so they call themselves feminists, and they feel guilty for pretty much everything. Most of them hate themselves, and the majority are also beta males who are too weak and scared to defend themselves or their families if they have them. Guys with skinny jeans and man buns with extremely low T. I personally don't see how any straight woman can be attracted to them. Quite frankly they creep me out.

Old 04-24-2016, 02:18 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post

The best word I have to describe Democrats is trash.
Aw shucks ... tell us how you really feel!

Old 04-24-2016, 06:41 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrdr View Post
In response to your condescending question, no it isn't "a scenario handed to me by a professor." My professors are in my distant past, which means they long ceased to be an influence.

From your comment I suspect I am older than you, meaning far more life experience, and for decades studied and read a lot, including social science studies on various topics, such as this one.

Your example of your friend in no way contradicts anything I wrote. You've missed the point and need to go deeper because it is you who is not thinking "outside the box."

I'll help you kick it off with this: Your friend's assets of his innate personality and his parents and their resources were luck for him, not something he earned. His not experiencing any random disastrous health or accident events along the way to stop him in his tracks was good luck, not something he earned. Good luck providing him resources and opportunities to take advantage of, that are not available to everyone, combined with his work is what made him succeed. Without the initial resources available to him purely by the luck of the draw regarding who his parents were and what resources they had to share, his outcome wouldn't have been the same.
I gave this one particular example to see how it would be critiqued, and I had already anticipated the response you gave.

It really boils down a reality.....complete fairness can't be legislated. Nor can it be workably created by regulations decided upon by unelected bureaucrats. Especially in a nation as diverse as the United States. What one interest group sees as fair regulation, another interest group may see as unfair.

I could trot out many other examples, which I imagine you would dissect in a similar manner. I don't look at my friend's parents as a resource...if he couldn't have paid rent, they would have had to rent the room to someone else to help cover the rent. Other than that one point, I don't disagree with your points...I just look at them as points that don't, for lack of a better way to put it, 'have anywhere else to go' because we can't possibly control for all such components in each individual situation.

I once heard it described that people who tend to be more conservative look at reality throw up their hands (figuratively, as in 'life isn't fair..what are you gonna do'), and then get to work with whatever they have in front of them. The other side of this description included progressives tearing their collective hair out over this because the response should be looking to come up with a solution that involves some sort of mandate.

Sometimes people rolling up their sleeves and doing something they think will help really does help, and the solution doesn't need to be interfered with by a government mandate. An example of this that comes to mind is people wanting to, of their own volition and at their own expense, trying to help quell the hunger pangs of some homeless people in Houston by feeding them. In April of 2012 by a vote of 11 to 6, the Houston City Council passed a homeless feeding ordinance . Reading the text (especially the Q & A) of the current Voluntary Homeless Feeding Registration page (voluntary as in you are volunteering your time, not that the registration is voluntary) on the City of Houston website upsets me even more than than the council's action in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies