Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Los Angeles father allegedly killed son because he was gay | Fox News

Yet the liberals and Democrats embrace Muslims and Islam with open arms while at the same time pandering to the gay community. Just like they can't support illegal aliens and American workers at the same time, they can't be pro-gay and support radical Islam.

I personally am opposed to gay marriage, but I don't believe gays should be killed like in the Islamic religion. I have no problem with gays being protected in all other ways except for gay marriage and adoption.
Many americans of lebanese origin are christian - issa is an arabic name for jesus. And I have seen published reports that this family was christian, specifically 7th day adventists. LA County however has not confirmed this, so, unlike you, I will refrain from leaping to any conclusion.

But for the sake of discussion, let's rearrange your words to reflect this possibility -

"Yet the conservatives and Republicans embrace Christians and Christianity with open arms while at the same time pandering to the homophobic community. "

It is as relevant my way as it is your way. That is to say, it isn't.

It's very clear that this was a troubled, even tragic, family and their religion, whether muslim or christian, did not save them from themselves.

North Hills man suspected of killing son because he was gay

(And let's not forget, there are lebanese arabic-speaking jews as well.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
Maybe the Muslim family should have stayed in a Muslim nation and the kid should have stayed in the closet and all would be fine. Sex and what you do should be personal and secret...not broadcast as if it is everybody's business. The Muslim kid was encouraged through western liberalism to get out of the closet....sometimes the closet is a safer place.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:46 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
What are you guys talking about, there are PLENTY of Muslims with the surname "Issa."

Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Maybe the Muslim family should have stayed in a Muslim nation and the kid should have stayed in the closet and all would be fine. Sex and what you do should be personal and secret...not broadcast as if it is everybody's business. The Muslim kid was encouraged through western liberalism to get out of the closet....sometimes the closet is a safer place.
They WEREN'T MUSLIM.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-04-2016 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: trolling

Old 04-04-2016, 11:47 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Please cite a reliable source that this family were muslims and/or immigrants. Thank you.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:53 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Supposedly this immigrant from the middle east with a name sounding something like Ali Muhammad Ak'bar was a supposed Christian...therefore, Liberals feel free to become all indignant. It's still a diversity in action win for our liberal diversity proponents. We can look forward to lots more of this and change it to public executions as Saudi does for people that display gay tendencies, if we get enough Muslims in...Sharia Law demands it.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:25 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Please cite a reliable source that this family were muslims. Thank you.
Please go back and paste a link to the exact spot where I said this specific family was Muslim.

Right, you can't....because I never said that.

I simply said (and I stand by my statement, Google it if you don't believe me) that there are plenty of Muslims with the surname "Issa."

The takeaway from this (in case you missed it) is: Just because this family's surname is "Issa" does not mean they are automatically Christian. They might be. But that's not ironclad. They could be Muslim. Maybe they're not.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Please go back and paste a link to the exact spot where I said this specific family was Muslim.

Right, you can't....because I never said that.

I simply said (and I stand by my statement, Google it if you don't believe me) that there are plenty of Muslims with the surname "Issa."

The takeaway from this (in case you missed it) is: Just because this family's surname is "Issa" does not mean they are automatically Christian. They might be. But that's not ironclad. They could be Muslim. Maybe they're not.
The point that some of us are arguing is that there is nothing that says that they are Muslim, as the OP pronounces.

I gave an example of a rather prominent person with the last name of "Issa" who is not a Muslim.
If one had only that concrete example to go by, it would be very hard to make the same assumption as did the OP.
As you note, maybe they are not Muslim, but that didn't stop the OP from assuming, seemingly by default, that they are.

So far, no one has certified his claim so...

Old 04-04-2016, 12:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The father doesn't claim this was an honor killing.

The family was in the process of evicting the son. The father says the son killed the mother, and that the father was defending himself. The police haven't determined yet who killed the mother.
And allegations the son had drug problems.

Los Angeles father charged with killing son for being gay | WFLA.com

Old 04-04-2016, 01:05 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Except of course for that pesky Constitution thing we all live under here in the States..
If Muslims have their way, the Constitution will be replaced by Sharia Law, which demands gays be executed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies