Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:22 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you mean deeply held religious bigotry?
No, deeply held bigotry against Christians. I'll grant you that in todays America, that is encouraged and is VERY PC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 08:24 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
No, deeply held bigotry against Christians. I'll grant you that in todays America, that is encouraged and is VERY PC!
please provide an example of how Christians in America are being discriminated against.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Nonsense... The bill protects legitimate religious objections.

Stop being such a Drama Queen. You don't even live in that state.
Who determines what is a legitimate religious concern?

In the Piggy Park case he claim a legitimate religious concern in banning blacks from his business. The court thought otherwise. Why should one religious concern be any more valid than another in regards to businesses? Should some be allowed to refuse service to women based on religious beliefs? Should some be allowed to ban blacks based on their religious beliefs? Should some be allowed to ban Christians because they don't follow the "one true god"? I can create any "religious belief" that I want and use it to back up anything I want to do.

Where does it end?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Hey man, the Christians bring it on themselves. If they weren't so hateful, intolerant & judgemental, they wouldn't be getting the backlash they so richly deserve. It's called having a reaction. When someone keeps getting beat down over & over, you don't expect some fight back?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,350,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
You can always count on Mississippi to make even my former home state of Tennessee look good. Well maybe not good... but not quite as heinous.
That's why there's the phrase "Thank God for Mississippi!"

Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,639 times
Uh, since when has Mississippi been the forefront of human rights? Does this news come as a surprise to anyone?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:33 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Fiyero Then God should stop making gays. And usually those "Christians" who dislike gays are the ones most likely to be cheating on their spouse, or involved in gay sex scandals.
You totally missed my point, and now are speaking with emotion rather then logic...I consider myself a Christian, but I don't believe in man made religions....and you cannot, make that kind of statement, that all Christians who dislike gays, are cheating on their spouse...that is generalizing and assuming that is true, and it is not. And it's not about disliking gays, it is about however, disapproving of the gay life. And that is how I see it....I cannot speak for anyone else...there are haters in every issue....that cannot be helped, but I certainly do not hate or dislike gays...

Quote:
There is no such thing as a gay lifestyle.
I don't understand what your saying?

Quote:
Well this law requires them to use the bathroom based on their biological sex, not their plumbing. So a female to male transsexual with male plumbing will be required to use the women's bathroom under this law.
And how many transsexuals do you actually know? I'm talking about Transgenders....
I'm sorry, but I have a friend who is a transgender, and if I knew he was in the bathroom I would be unable to go....that is invading my privacy...my personal space...and we have discussed this.

Quote:
That's what stalls are for. How is this law stopping any sicko's from entering the bathroom? Are police going to guard every entrance and check genitals before allowing people in? Most public restrooms don't even have doors - they're hallways marked men and women next to each other. If someone wants to go in the women's restroom, a piece of paper isn't going to stop them.
When I said Sickos, I'm talking about lets say, men who are child molesters or sexual predators. Now your inviting them to dress up like women.

Most men do not go into a woman's restroom....and if it's a man dressed as a women, he doesn't belong in there......

Old 04-07-2016, 09:34 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet a business can not deny service to someone based on sex, race, religion, age. I wonder what they mean in this law when they say that businesses can refuse service based on their belief that marriage is only between a man and a woman?

Nah, nothing to do with gays.
The bill had nothing do with gays, all it said was religious business had right too and that you can't sue because your feeling was hurt. It all about the exetreme attacking a business on purpose just to sue

Old 04-07-2016, 09:35 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
WTF Mississippi?

Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
please provide an example of how Christians in America are being discriminated against.
Teaching about Islam in our schools is considered appropriate, while teaching about Christianity is discouraged. Being homosexual is taught as an "alternative lifestyle", while the "Christian lifestyle" is not taught. I could go on, but you get the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies