Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:04 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who knew? When did Obama say " BLM does great work" ?
He said outstanding work. During black history month meeting at the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM

384 posts, read 383,463 times
The BLM movement is just showing more and more people that they don't care about order and living in a civilized society. It's ok for someone to point a gun at a cop, but it's not ok for the cop to protect himself.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:14 PM

991 posts, read 629,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who knew? When did Obama say " BLM does great work" ?
Well one of them (BLM) showed some sense!
Quote:
Obama Praises 'Outstanding Work' of Black Lives Matter Organizers at White House Meeting

The list of invitees included representatives from the NAACP, Black Lives Matter, and the National Urban League, as well as University of Missouri student organizer DeShaunya Ware and the Reverend Al Sharpton. Obama praised the Black Lives Matter leaders in attendance, saying they have "made history" and done "outstanding work."

Aislinn Pulley, a representative of Black Lives Matter Chicago, declined the invitation, saying in an article at Truthout.org, that she would not participate in what she called “basically a photo opportunity” for the president.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02...house-meeting/

Old 04-13-2016, 01:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
The only people with less credibility than a gun toting thuglum would be the Chicago Police Department. If and when the Chicago Police Department demonstrates that it deserves being believed when it comes to their use of force they should expect protests.
I haven't heard much good about the Chicago cops, either. But; ANYBODY drawing on a cop should expect to catch a bullet. Period.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
If I was a Chicago cop (and I'm from Chicago), I would go near the south or west sides. It's not worth risking your life.
These people protect the criminals and when a cop does his job, he doesn't get congratulated, he gets investigated while the little thug gets immortalized.
So in Chicago you should not go to the majority of the city....?

That is odd.

Not every neighborhood on the south or west side of Chicago is one that is dangerous to the public or police officers.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:06 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He said outstanding work. During black history month meeting at the WH.
I was close lol. Just a little off.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Yeah, this one is pretty dumb.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
The only people with less credibility than a gun toting thuglum would be the Chicago Police Department. If and when the Chicago Police Department demonstrates that it deserves being believed when it comes to their use of force they should expect protests.
Maybe you could strap on a gun belt and show the cops how its done. Personally I think its a miracle that they even show up for work anymore. God bless them and their families who hold their breath waiting for them to come home safe and sound!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 02:31 PM

Chicago Police Dept. Plagued by Systemic Racism, Task Force Finds - NYTimes.com I am not going to say there are zero racist cops. However what do you expect. The cops are arresting people that are committing crimes. Blacks commit crimes disproportionate to other races. Cops shoot more black people. Well there is an answer to that too. Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime so therefore they are more likely to be shot. Then they go on to say blacks have tasers used against them more. So see my above statements. Then they say more blacks are stopped. Again see my above statements. Chicago is toast.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Black Lives Matter Protesters Block Chicago Expressway - Conservative Outfitters Next time don't go around pointing guns at cops. BLM should be embarrassed. What a joke of an organization. Obama says they do great work. LOL Obama is a joke too!!
Yeah, therein lies the stupidity of BLM. If a black kid pulls a gun on a cop and get's shot as a result - there is no call for outrage. Police have a right to defend themselves. But BLM appears to be determined to be outraged anyways.

I think they're just turning into a Pro-Cop-Killer movement at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies