Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
So, the warship's defensive systems would hit the fighter anyway even if all the electronics is down?
The warship's systems would be more than a match for those fighters.

Quote:
I like comments to this vid even more. Just read what "adolescent" people around the world say.
Bet you will feel a little boy.
I see that you're upset.

Enjoy your video.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 06:01 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,757,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's nice. Could you elaborate on what that has to do with the Baltic Countries?
Misspoke. I meant Crimea. The point however stands. Russia cares about Ukraine because that's the goose that laid the golden egg and their economy is very fragile. This idea that Russia wants to Blitzkreig through the Baltic states is nothing more than neo-Cold Warrior nonsense. They're not trying to regain the entire Soviet Union, they learned their lesson. They just want the parts that matter & want to be with them, like Ukraine.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM

1,478 posts, read 790,457 times
Quote:
I thought it was implied, but here goes: It happens all the time - well, as often as the Russian Navy can hustle up navy units that'll make it that far - and the US does not do childish flyovers, nor pout about how "Russia must not interfere".

Unlike Russia's military, who appears to be dealing with a crushing collective inferiority complex, the US' military strength is known and understood. The US has the big stick and can afford to walk softly.
The US military is strong technologically certainly. And that's a considerable amount of modern warfare. But the US by no means can win a war on its own. Even operating as an empire--all empires drag other vassal nations along to fight its wars--the US could gain victory in the ruined 5th rate military nation of Iraq.

Having spoken with some military veterans that are dismayed with some of the direction the US military has taken, both of whom regard current day Russian soldier vastly superior to US military men in physical conditioning and endurance, what is the USA going to do (the Marine Corps is getting rid of and banning tough men with tattoos)... send in their transsexual military engage the Russian Spartans? I don't think so.

The Navy ship I was on almost shot down an US fighter jet before it ever got in human visual sight of the ship, because the pilot did not radio in to identitify who he was. The Russians were clearly showing balls and sending a message to Americans when they blazed by so close in eyesight to their ships.

Basically, American got punked, trying to punk the Russians.

The Russians are not playing. They will avoid war with the US and NATO but only at so much of a cost they have warned. Put nukes in the Ukraine and before the US has a chance to fire them the Russians will launch a massive nuclear strike on every major city in the United States.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,251,568 times
Quote:
Either you didn't watch the video wholly or you still don't understand that the russian fighter disabled the warship electronics entirely. How could the warship strike the target if its equipments and devices don't work at all? There will not be any wreckage there.
Sooo you took the word of some edited video showing some morons flying low over the water. The Aegis weapons systems on those ships have enormous radiative power they can burn through any electronic crap the the Russians emit.

Nothing was disabled, the ship was fully functional and could have swatted those aircraft out of the sky. How do I know this? I know people on the Cook.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:25 PM

1,478 posts, read 790,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Misspoke. I meant Crimea. The point however stands. Russia cares about Ukraine because that's the goose that laid the golden egg and their economy is very fragile. This idea that Russia wants to Blitzkreig through the Baltic states is nothing more than neo-Cold Warrior nonsense. They're not trying to regain the entire Soviet Union, they learned their lesson. They just want the parts that matter & want to be with them, like Ukraine.
The Ukraine cost Russia money because not only was Russia subsidizing the gas it uses but being the theiving, corrupt country the Ukraine is, they were stealing natural gas through the piplines Russia ran through it. Black Detroit looks like an honest, clean run city next to Kiev and the rest of the Ukraine. But the Russians took the financial lose as the cost of doing buisness going through the Ukraine to other parts of Europe.

Germany is close to 100 percent dependent on Russia for its natural gas. I believe Germany alone is more critical for the Russian economy than the Ukraine is.

Russia is washing its hands of the Ukraine. The Ukraine can't even pay pensions to its government workers. The Ukraine is now dependent on Western powers and the IMF to keep it financially afloat.

Russia is still resilient economically.

Crimea was needed by Russia because it is a strategic naval winter port for the Russian navy. Plus, those people are essentially Russians.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:06 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,069,554 times
Quote:
You are really a smart guy, but it's too foolish to think that you are smarter than people on youtube.
It is? Because from what I've seen, the majority of them are kinda moronic.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:19 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,069,554 times
Quote:
This is because the US fears to do so. What if these f--g russians hit the fighter?
The US doesn't have to risk trained pilots and expensive aircraft on that sort of publicity stunt. It's difference between form and substance.

It's Russia that so desperately tries to prove something through, well, bravado. Also, it's simply rude. Nekulturny, as some would say.

Quote:
The russians won all their wars mostly by their rigid and unbending spirit, not by some advanced weaponry.
Out of the wars Russia won, rigid and unbending spirit probably helped. Having terrain to fall back on, a winter that can immobilize most armies and governments that didn't care about a few hundred thousand lives more or less just might have helped a bit too. Still, I rather think those brave souls who flew Polikarpov biplanes in World War II wouldn't have minded something a little bit more advanced.

It IS an interesting argument to bring up in thread where you've been insisting that Russian planes have some sooper-secret EW system that can take down US electronics.

Quote:
The US "big stick" has been broken once by a crushing collective inferiority complex back in 1988.
Surely, you're not bringing up the Cold War? How did that caper end for you?

Quote:
Hitler thought in the same way as you do
He did? Soviet aircraft buzzed Kriegsmarine vessels and he didn't respond in kind? I thought I knew my WWII trivia, but that one must have evaded me.

Quote:
P.S. And why did you delete your statement that the US knows about "the international waters law"?
You have enough to deal with, I think.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:22 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,465,810 times
How do you know they're TOP GUN fighter pilots? Seems odd that Russian pilots would train at Naval Fighter Weapons school? This is nothing new, this has happened for 40 + years. If it were an actual threat, the crew would not be on the deck filming, they would be at battle stations. Calm down, Red Dawn is not actually going to be a true story.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:17 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,654,399 times
Quote:
Either you didn't watch the video wholly or you still don't understand that the russian fighter disabled the warship electronics entirely. How could the warship strike the target if its equipments and devices don't work at all? There will not be any wreckage there.
There was, supposedly, an incident a while back where a Russian fighter deployed some type of ECM device that shut an Aegis down. It wasn't ever, officially, confirmed. But, such wasn't the case here. The pictures that were shown, of the MiG 25 that was supposed to have done that showed some sort of large pod slung on the aircraft. All these MiG 29s show is spare fuel tanks. I can't even make out any weapons on the hard points.

If these birds had activated their targeting radar and locked on, they would be fish food, right now. As to the skinny about this supposed new Russian jamming system, idk. No confirmation on that. But, as far as I know, our warships are far from defenseless and naked before the enemy. If a flight like this had managed to overfly a carrier group, then I might be concerned.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:15 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,845,286 times
Quote:
It is? Because from what I've seen, the majority of them are kinda moronic.
There are hundreds different comments from different people there, but you've cherry picked only moronic comments to serve your opinion? It's very convenient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies