Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:10 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
According to the Pew Research (Political Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center) in 2015 39% of voters identified as Independents. They also state that is the highest amount of Independents in 75 years.

Because both major Parties are showing their true colors and ignoring the voters; it is inevitable that both Parties will loose even more ground. The time is fast approaching where we will no longer see Republicans or Democrats on any ticket - they don't want us; we don't want them!
Hopefully more and more people will see this....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 01:11 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well last election cycle, dictated who would run and make the rules for this election...
Guess who won Colorado..... It was not Romney. Ron Paul's people filled all the top RNC officials of the state of Colorado.

That should tell you something..... It was set up for grassroots and the people getting involved enough to care.
the last election, there were 3 districts in Philly, who didn't have one republican vote....I don't buy that in the least....and neither did a lot of other people.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:16 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hopefully more and more people will see this....?
Actually I just saw that Independents, in 2016, are now up to 42% of American voters. If the establishment works dirty politics, to deprive voters of the right to vote in this election, the number of Independents could skyrocket. It would be hard to be the 'establishment' if you have no members!

Old 04-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
the last election, there were 3 districts in Philly, who didn't have one republican vote....I don't buy that in the least....and neither did a lot of other people.
You not buying it doesnt make it any less true.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:25 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
Perhaps you missed the part where I called him a joke. I am not a supporter of his. With that said, how does the party just cancel the vote for a couple hundred thousand people in Colorado and a handful of people just pick a winner? it's crazy.
So logically speaking....DON'T BE A MEMBER of that party.

Start your own political party where the person with the coolest hat wins the nomination or whatever.

It's a private political party they get to set whatever rules they like and if you don't approve then don't support them.

Hillary pulled a Chicago-style victory in the democratic primaries by lining up all the support before the first primary started.

Trump is trying to ride a voter revolt which looks to successfully be working to overthrow the establishment pick of Cruz.

Frankly, I'm just hoping more people take a moment to really consider their party loyalty and reflect that they aren't really that different.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,557 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Actually I just saw that Independents, in 2016, are now up to 42% of American voters. If the establishment works dirty politics, to deprive voters of the right to vote in this election, the number of Independents could skyrocket. It would be hard to be the 'establishment' if you have no members!
1. Independents tend to be measured by actual party registration, which something like 20 states dont have. So 40% isnt the right number.

2. You defined establishment as simply being a party member, That is an extreme assessment by most people's standard.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:55 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Independents tend to be measured by actual party registration, which something like 20 states dont have. So 40% isnt the right number.

2. You defined establishment as simply being a party member, That is an extreme assessment by most people's standard.

I am just repeating what the polls are showing: Democratic, Republican Identification Near Historical Lows. Argue with them about the numbers. There was one small dip in Independents recently and an upswing in Republican voters - but, my feeling is, that was because of Trump. If the establishment get's their wish; the number of Independents could skyrocket. It is too early to say right now until after the convention.

But it is obvious that the establishment will pay a price for everything that has happened this year. They might think they are smart right now; but they haven't felt the true fallout for not supporting their own front runner.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:08 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Party politics are designed NOT to be the voice of the people. It's the voice of the party. We haven't had an election yet. Everything to date is about the party making their own decisions on a candidate for the election.

The general public is not part of this piece of the process. Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?
Understood ! It just seem a bit strange to have states going through a caucus process or primary voting and having your vote being essentially meaningless.

Regarding voter ID, the dems are always screaming about people being disenfranchised. When Bernie wins the vote in a state and yet all the delegates go to Hillary, that's the ultimate in disenfranchisement isn't it ? You're allowed to vote, but we change your vote to the opposite person....wow ! That's the epitome of messing with your base.

The repubs are doing the same thing. Trump wins the vote and Cruze gets the delegates.

We think primary elections have low voter turn outs now. After this years fiasco, I'm thinking far fewer will even bother to participate next time.

Why don't the parties just appoint the person they want to run and leave it at that ? Would be a lot more transparent than holding meaningless primary elections or caucuses.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

You are getting the general election between R&D's, confused with the primary elections.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

The establishment resides in both parties. It is called progressivism. Remember, Mitt "I'm a Progressive Republican" Romney and Hillary " I'm a 20th Century Renaissance Progressive" Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies