Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 01:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I do see your point, while I do support Second Amendment rights, it is no longer a big concern for me.
I am also pro-choice and the death penalty. I have a hard time seeing how one can be pro-life and support the death penalty?

my guess us you may be more socially conservative than me, with I am more a fiscal conservative with a very liberal outlook on social issues.
I long supported the right for gay couples to marry and adopt.

I believe you use the rest room that matches your parts.

Quote:
I am very pro Wall-street and if open borders increase productivity, I am for it, if not then I would be less inclined to support it, yet in cases of working people receiving amnesty, I would support it.

I never liked the tea party. Not universal health care either. My position on the military is tentative at best. There is a Nolan test, however it is also too confounded on specific variables.
I have never seen an online test that was very sophisticated.
Probably because it doesn't get the desired results and few would actually take it.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:00 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I long supported the right for gay couples to marry and adopt.
Agree

I believe you use the rest room that matches your parts.
Again agree, with maybe what some construct, a slightly more liberal element.

Probably because it doesn't get the desired results and few would actually take it.
I do not know about that? A test with 1000 random sampled questions would be better, although it would be outdated in a few years, unless it depicted one's underline political philosophy.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Recently I quit the rigged Republican party and became an independent with no affiliation to any party.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine62819 View Post
I am neither, b/c they're EXACTLY the same, the specifics are just switched-around.
Based on you posting this, I would think you live in a cave by yourself and have never met another human being.

Some of the things in your post look like you are reading a purposefully overstated meme.

Old 04-23-2016, 04:33 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Too many of those questions do not have either/or answers.

I am Liberal on Social issues but somewhat Conservative on Financial ones.

The government should help those that are truly poor but having a bunch of children should NOT list you as "poor", you want to have 10 children? Fine, you pay for them, not the taxpayers.

If having two children place your income above the level for assistance then having ten shouldn't matter, and once collecting, having more children should NOT increase benefits.

I believe in a strong "Don't even think about f'n with us, or we will bury you" military force, and MOST citizens should serve in some capacity.

NO person should pay ZERO tax or get more back than they paid in.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:20 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Business Conservative.

However I think the questions were too polarized to extreme opposite spectrums, or at least not always accurate stereotypes.

There are not enough gray area options to determine if someone leans more moderate or Libertarian on some things.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:38 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
As are most of these kinds of things....take the first question. It's an all or nothing question. Real life doesn't work that way. Regulations can be good and they can be bad. You can't make a generalization.

I'm for a balanced budget.

I support programs to assist people when they are down.

I believe we should have universal health care.

I strongly support our second amendment rights.

I'm am pro-life.

I do not support the death penalty.

I support a strong military.

I do not support what our military is currently called to do.

I support enforcing our borders.

I believe many on Wall Street belong behind walls. Prison walls.

I supported the original Tea Parry.

I supported Occupy.

What am I?

(Relatively) Normal.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The test you linked it stupid as it is completely linear. It is only capable of telling you how Republican or Democratic you are.
EXACTLY!

It's so bias and one sided. Nothing about Libertarians who now account for a large part of the populous.

Quote:
As are most of these kinds of things....take the first question. It's an all or nothing question. Real life doesn't work that way. Regulations can be good and they can be bad. You can't make a generalization.

I'm for a balanced budget.

I support programs to assist people when they are down.

I believe we should have universal health care.

I strongly support our second amendment rights.

I'm am pro-life.

I do not support the death penalty.

I support a strong military.

I do not support what our military is currently called to do.

I support enforcing our borders.

I believe many on Wall Street belong behind walls. Prison walls.

I supported the original Tea Parry.

I supported Occupy.

What am I?
I'm not sure about Occupy, but I pretty much agree with the rest.

I'd say we're true moderates, tired of the government+wall street+multi national corporate machine.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:32 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
EXACTLY!

It's so bias and one sided. Nothing about Libertarians who now account for a large part of the populous.

I'm not sure about Occupy, but I pretty much agree with the rest.

I'd say we're true moderates, tired of the government+wall street+multi national corporate machine.
Occupy was against two out of three of those things and weren't real happy with the government being in bed with them.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:42 PM

4,541 posts, read 1,159,825 times
My result was steadfast conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies