Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:19 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No wonder things like violent crime, car crashes, and medical errors are so high.

so based on that comment I would say that 90 percent of politicians smoke pot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Not where I work. I make it a point to expose stoners who then get fired following a drug test. I will not share a cab of a lead engine of a mile long oil train or a fast Z train with a stoner. Most conductors that know me and get stoned avoid me.
You do know a member of the UTU probably wouldn't come to work high even if they smoke outside of work.

You would be ok with conductors coming to work with a terrible hangover and 4 hours of sleep?

Old 05-03-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No wonder things like violent crime, car crashes, and medical errors are so high.
Violent crime because police are taking a hands off approach in certain neighborhoods. Its hazardous to our jobs and pensions.

More accidents could be because there are more drivers. Stupid gov't keeps letting in 2 million people a year plus illegals are running amok.

Medical errors?

Old 05-03-2016, 02:36 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Also why do thc metabolites stay in the body so long. Thc is not poison.....LOL
You might want to educate before you recreate
Medscape: Medscape Access

Old 05-03-2016, 02:37 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
[quote=westcoastforme;43915811]Also why do thc metabolites stay in the body so long.

Educate before you recreate... Next you'll be telling us mj is the universal cure all

http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...28-overview#a4

All drugs are poisons... Some like marijuana have very low levels of toxicity.. But as a whole mj contains highly poisonous and toxic compounds... More so dependant upon its introduction into the body. Obviously highly toxic if smoked... Don't you agree?

Look at the face of pot..insult ...attack.. demean...

Because of the residual and toxic effects of mj upon the body especially over time it appears both the short term and longer term effects take away from the " professionals " ability to be productive. Again dependant upon the age addiction starts. And if you are using mj regularly you are addicted in the classical definition. The amount is debatable.. The addiction is not.

Will one joint a day kill you..no..I do not think it will..it will stone you.. And dependant upon the amount of thc may have a cumulative toxic effect upon you abet very low. The associated effects upon the body also meet the classic definition of poison and toxic as the body struggles with stasis.. All psychoactive drugs do this...there is no free ride.
The OP makes an assumption that the regular recreational user is productive..but offers no evidence of productivity measure. On the other hand there are major bodies of evidence that show any drug use mj included reduces productivity

I think the better question might be can mj increase a professionals productivity... I can't wait for the propoters to tell us how.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-03-2016 at 03:12 AM..

Old 05-03-2016, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You might want to educate before you recreate
Medscape: Medscape Access
The definition of poison is a substance that can cause illness or death. Well I guess alcohol is definitely a poison yet you think it's fine and dandy to have it be legal.

Lot of misinformation in your source.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Cannabis is not physically addictive but can be psychologically addictive for some users. No one has died from an of overdose.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Nah. Stoners only think they are doing well. Everyone else is laughing at them.

Pot gradually erodes your decision making ability and in the end, you're just a pothead. Nothing more.
Except for the stoners who are more 'successful' than you.

And by that I'm guessing your talking about making more money. Obviously success means different things to different people.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:24 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,276,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
Nobody cares what happened to you 45 years ago! Just kidding, only doing what you did to me.
That wasn't him it was me, and I rest my case. The thread is about professionalism, and being a productive member of society (i.e. providing a service). When you provide a service the customer does not care that you smoke weed, or you're getting divorced, or you're spouse is in the hospital receiving chemo, or whatever problem you have, and it's unprofessional at raise these issues except in the context of recusing yourself from providing that service.

You're a real estate agent do you think your clients really care about your personal life?

Quote:
Do you think that someone who smokes everyday will achieve everything they're capable of?
No one achieves all they're capable of, everyone can only achieve all that they're prepared to achieve. Achieving what you're capable of requires laser focus on the task, for years, to the exclusion of all else, no spouse, no kids, no friends (or very patient and understanding friends), no real family (you might set reminders for you to email them). Most people either "can't" or more accurately choose not to do that, because the things like friends, family, outside interests are commonly the things we love and enjoy and they're all things that prevents people from achieving everything they're capable of.

Quote:
Or do you think being a pot head helps one be more successful? That seems to be your stance, correct me if i'm wrong.
Has anyone claimed that in this thread? Not that I'm aware of.

Quote:
Oh and since you asked, yes being a pothead was the reason I had issues in high school.
Let's just say I believe that you believe that's the reason and leave it at that.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Marijuana can help some to achieve success. Not saying its for everybody (like any 'drug), but it can help some, in different ways.

The stigma associated with the plant comes from the Drug War and propaganda. The stereotypes these days are getting a little silly. You don't make fun of people for taking prescription drugs, or drinking alcohol, or smoking cigs, but stoners are all of a sudden "stupid", lazy, and all sorts of others childish names.

It really is telling of the other adult mind.

I advocate for adults to make their own decisions. I don't think teens should be smoking the stuff. I actually think its much safer on the road than alcohol, and its been proven as such through multiple studies.

The conspiracy has already been proven. The stigma is what remains and then the laws as a result of politicians who forgot their jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies