Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM

248 posts, read 172,800 times

Advertisements

If I were here and rooted...working, with a home...etc I'd want to stop the invasion from the far south. Why would I want to keep waving in my competitors? Are these people smart enough to think of this? The invaders are coming here to steal your job...not mine. Do they realize that our economical resources have reached the point of total exhaustion and a major overhaul will have to happen very soon and if the invasion continues they will be the ones to suffer the greater loss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 10:20 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,206,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
If I were here and rooted...working, with a home...etc I'd want to stop the invasion from the far south. Why would I want to keep waving in my competitors? Are these people smart enough to think of this? The invaders are coming here to steal your job...not mine. Do they realize that our economical resources have reached the point of total exhaustion and a major overhaul will have to happen very soon and if the invasion continues they will be the ones to suffer the greater loss?
You answered your own stupid question with your reasons for why you're a xenophobic Trumplet.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:23 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Well, if I were latino, I would know that you see me as an invader first, second and last. Same with the Trump supporters, they only see one thing when they see me. Whether my family has been American longer than theirs means nothing to them b/c, again, I do not belong here in their minds. Trump took this one step further when he called me a murderer, a thief, etc. This is what his fans wanted to hear. It whipped them into a frenzy and brought out attitudes and ideas to the forefront that showed how ugly the American can be.

I hope to see record number of Latinos voting in this election. Trump has been a very good motivator for these people to vote and I hope they pull through.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:33 AM

248 posts, read 172,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
You answered your own stupid question with your reasons for why you're a xenophobic Trumplet.
I heard there were banners in the crowd at the Orange County Trump rally that read: "Latino's For Trump" so I'm guessing someone is smart enough to consider it...It's actually not stupid at all...you just have to be willing to see past your nose.
If you had a mechanical engineering degree would you want a flood of millions of people with a mechanical engineering degree headed to a town near you? From an economical standpoint this is pretty simple stuff really.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:37 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Well, if I were latino, I would know that you see me as an invader first, second and last. Same with the Trump supporters, they only see one thing when they see me. Whether my family has been American longer than theirs means nothing to them b/c, again, I do not belong here in their minds. Trump took this one step further when he called me a murderer, a thief, etc. This is what his fans wanted to hear. It whipped them into a frenzy and brought out attitudes and ideas to the forefront that showed how ugly the American can be.
I understand what the OP is saying. But unfortunately, Oakformonday is right.

Trump had an opportunity to unite working and middle class Hispanics, whites and blacks in a coalition to fight back against the establishment policies like free trade and open borders. But instead by attacking "Mexicans" instead of say, illegal aliens, he has promoted a backlash that has the multi-national corporates laughing all the way to the bank.

The middle and working class will remain divided. So Trump will probably loose. Bernie is already about to loose. And so the influx of cheap labor will continue. So will the "free trade" and trade deficits with Asia that makes no sense for America.

But at least there is money for the corporate establishment to be made!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 10:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Do they realize that our economical resources have reached the point of total exhaustion and a major overhaul will have to happen very soon
No, they're probably listening to the consensus of professional economists who say that immigration is good for the economy, as opposed to the angry, incoherent high school graduates who say that it is bad for the economy.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:41 AM

117 posts, read 72,344 times
Quote:
There are millions of Hispanics against illegal immigration. Those that did things legally don't want illegals sidestepping the process, causing crime, lowering wages and basically ruining it for them. I'm in Minnesota, I know many legal Hispanics who've moved here to get away from places like Texas and California where the worst of the worst of illegals are flooding in and turning them into facsimiles of the broken narco-states they fled.

You CAN have a country with no borders of immigration policy in place. It's a pure form of Libertarian-ism. Or you can have a country with social safety nets. You can't have both.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:43 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,217,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post

I hope to see record number of Latinos voting in this election. Trump has been a very good motivator for these people to vote and I hope they pull through.
I am a Trump supporter and that is not how I think, nor how most of us think. If you are here legally - then I support you 100%. If you are here illegally - get the hell out and come back through the proper process. That's very simple and straightforward. Tired of illegals and politican's breaking the law and burdening our country at a time we can least afford it.

Last edited by illtaketwoplease; 05-01-2016 at 10:51 AM..

Old 05-01-2016, 10:45 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,261,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No, they're probably listening to the consensus of professional economists who say that immigration is good for the economy, as opposed to the angry, incoherent high school graduates who say that it is bad for the economy.
LOL!

Yeah, like the same "professional" economists who told us that free trade with China, Korea and Japan makes sense for America too.

These "professionals" have been doing such a good job, haven't they?

Old 05-01-2016, 10:59 AM

572 posts, read 280,320 times
No, because the unspoken truth about Trump is that he provides a lot of people with validation for their xenophobia. The crackdown on illegals is less about illegals than it is about letting everyone know that racism is okay. People know they'll be attacked for hating on Mexicans, so they hate on illegals instead so they don't have to feel bad about it.

Most legal immigrants know that if he's elected, their lives are going to get harder too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies