Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 04:31 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,796,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
My answer:
The ones who know and are smart enough to acknowledge these stereotypes exist for a reason...people don't just come up with this this stuff with no basis.
And...
Legit hispanics who are fed up with being associated with the trash that make them look bad.
Stereotypes exist, but they do not define a whole group of people. Are you defined by lower-income Whites who smoke alot of crack and are on perrenial welfare? Are you defined by White thugs or White Supremacists gangs that exist all over the country? Are you defined by the lazy Whites who don't want to work?

Please dont come with statistics, I have worked in social services and have SEEN IT ALL- I personally know the homeless sector, the veterans sector, the welfare sector, the unemployed sector, immigrants, refugees, foster care children, ex-cons, everything. I have seen every stereotype of every racial group that you can imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 04:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
This country and our people are so simple...get the majority of "your group" to act legit to be treated legimately or be judged and stereotyped accordingly...this is ELEMENTARY. The burden lies with your "group".
Are you addressing me as a Southerner?

Old 05-01-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
My answer:
The ones who know and are smart enough to acknowledge these stereotypes exist for a reason...people
So there is a reason Trump supporters are stereotyped as racists? What is that reason?

Sometimes stereotypes are true and sometimes they are not. Take blacks and fried chicken and watermelon stereotypes, one true, one false:

https://halalhassan.wordpress.com/20...g-stereotypes/

Last edited by whogo; 05-01-2016 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 05:10 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
You answered your own stupid question with your reasons for why you're a xenophobic Trumplet.
You didn't answer anybody's question but you certainly did a wonderful job of exposing your ignorance. Maybe you should learn what words mean before using them.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:32 PM

248 posts, read 172,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Stereotypes exist, but they do not define a whole group of people. Are you defined by lower-income Whites who smoke alot of crack and are on perrenial welfare? Are you defined by White thugs or White Supremacists gangs that exist all over the country? Are you defined by the lazy Whites who don't want to work?

Please dont come with statistics, I have worked in social services and have SEEN IT ALL- I personally know the homeless sector, the veterans sector, the welfare sector, the unemployed sector, immigrants, refugees, foster care children, ex-cons, everything. I have seen every stereotype of every racial group that you can imagine.
Stereotypes take life based on the majority of a group...not the micro percentages. You're a smart person; you know what I mean by that. Stop ignoring the real issue and advocate to get your group to act right...PERIOD. Deflecting from the root issues only makes it worse as the perpetuators feel like you have their back and they continue on making you look bad. I personally condemn the white trash folks you speak of...I do not associate with low-lifes. Yep, I'm finally angry and fed up with the scum dragging us down and so should you be.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Stereotypes take life based on the majority of a group....
So what stereotypes do the majority of Hispanics fit?

Old 05-01-2016, 06:04 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
A broken link is what it boils down to?

Sorry for the broken link! This one should do a little better: Part-time jobs: America's hidden unemployment crisis - Nov. 20, 2014. This and some of the other issues are what is fueling Trump's campaign. Everything is not rosy for millions of Americans. People need security and that is what is lacking in employment today.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:07 PM

62,996 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
His first speech on the topic is documented and he said MEXICANS and other Latin Americans, he never referred to illegal immigrants. He is continously refering to Mexicans, Mexicans, Mexicans in his speeches.

Tribal mentality? Yes, I see that on this board. The blinded Trump club and the life obsession to belittle Hispanics and toot Trumps horn every hour of the day on this board. Lol

If you have an opinion that differs, you are practically crucified.

Come on, let's not play that game. Mexico doesn't "send" legal immigrants they come on there own. Mexico is sending it's poor, uneducated to our country illegally and anyone with half a brain could figure that out without Trump actually using the word "illegal". We know that most Mexicans that come here legally aren't rapists and murderers. For one thing they have background checks and would want to keep their noses clean so they can remain here. Backing a certain politician is not advocating for law breaking nor is it based on ethnic solidarity that trumps our laws. A tribal mentality within an ethnic group that thinks their group is above our laws is a whole different thing. Who's belittling Hispanics that are here legally and respect our laws? Name one! I'll wait.

What is this difference of opinion you are speaking of? Our laws aren't subject to opinion. We are to abide by them until or if they are changed. I've been crucified over and over by mostly Hispanics here illegally and their ethnocentric supporters and for what? Because I expect our immigration laws to be respected and enforced?

Old 05-01-2016, 06:47 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,771,239 times
Quote:
If I were here and rooted...working, with a home...etc I'd want to stop the invasion from the far south. Why would I want to keep waving in my competitors? Are these people smart enough to think of this? The invaders are coming here to steal your job...not mine. Do they realize that our economical resources have reached the point of total exhaustion and a major overhaul will have to happen very soon and if the invasion continues they will be the ones to suffer the greater loss?
The problem is that people are very good at differentiating between legal Hispanics (especially native born) and illegal Hispanics. The federal government in particular has a long track record of accidentally deporting people and other negative actions that get worse the more the government cracks down on illegal immigration.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:02 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
This country and our people are so simple...get the majority of "your group" to act legit to be treated legimately or be judged and stereotyped accordingly...this is ELEMENTARY. The burden lies with your "group".
No.

The right thing to do is to judge individuals based on how they act, regardless of how people within their ethnic group act. People who do otherwise are generally called racist because they tend to only look to those who of other ethnic groups who do act in a negative way and attribute their behavior to their ethnicity. Thus, ignoring people of other ethnic or racial groups who are genuine and good people, assuming they are bad because they've chosen to only see the bad. What you described is a racist ideology and I like to think of the American people as not being racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies