Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,864 times

Advertisements

I was leafing through Time magazine where they have there most important people of the year, the list seems more ridiculous every year and this year is now exception with Leo DiCaprio on the cover

So they saw fit to add Caitlyn Jenner of course and whomever was writing the article referred to the time when "she" was in the olympics ?!

Now, I generally disagree that you can become a woman because you think you are one but aside from that, this just seems to be a new level of ridiculousness for politically correct idiocy.

How can anyone deny that Bruce Jenner existed, as a man? He would not have been in the olympics since he entered them as a man and participated in the male decatholon. His ex wives would never have married him and he would not have fathered any children.

It's fine if "she" wants to be known as a woman from now on but going back and erasing Bruce Jenner and the fact the he was a man and people interacted with him AS a man just seems ridiculous. It also seems to spit in the eye of his ex-wives, his own children the Olympic committee and the public who idolized him as a national sports hero at the time.

Honestly, without Bruce Jenner's celebrity, there would BE no Caitlyn Jenner... or to put it more accurately, none of us would have likely heard of her.

Anyway... it just seems weird that people seem to be trying to change the past.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-caip1_300.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-04-2016 at 04:40 AM..

Old 05-03-2016, 03:35 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Once a man always a man.
You can't change that, you can only pretend.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,952,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Once a man always a man.
You can't change that, you can only pretend.
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

You are wrong.

If you educate yourself and read the medical and psychiatric literature and research you will discover your opinion is biased and uninformed.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:46 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,926 times
It like the catholics that marry, have kids then get the marriage annulled...as in, it wasn't a marriage. So are the kids now illegitimate, so that is somehow better than being divorced? Do you get your virginity back, if you were a virgin when you married? Are you now a Born Again Virgin?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:17 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
I am not sure about the whole reason for this post, but I wonder if transgender issues are a mental issue and not a physical one? I hope that someday, the "need" to be another gender can be fixed with a pill instead of the way it is now.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am not sure about the whole reason for this post, but I wonder if transgender issues are a mental issue and not a physical one? I hope that someday, the "need" to be another gender can be fixed with a pill instead of the way it is now.
Well I think the sad part is that if it IS a mental issue and I think in some cases it can be, the person will be encouraged to follow their confusion instead of addressing it in our current politically correct society.

The reason for the post was basically that "Bruce Jenner" seems to be erased from history and that seems odd to me. When references are made to Bruce Jenner's olympic career, it's talked of as "her" career, even though this was DECADES before the transition.

I can accept humoring this person and referring to them as "her" from now on if that's what "she" wants but we are all supposed to pretend there was never a Bruce Jenner, who was a man? A man with whom people interacted with AS a man? A husband, a father, a male olympian? That just seems ridiculous.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:36 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Maybe if Bruce hadn't been "Kardashianized" he would never have gone through this. After all, isn't publicity and TV money the whole reason for being?

Old 05-03-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Thank you for sharing your opinion.

You are wrong.

If you educate yourself and read the medical and psychiatric literature and research you will discover your opinion is biased and uninformed.
Can Caitlyn get pregnant? Nurse a baby with breast milk? Have periods? Would "her" bone density and strength more resemble a man or a woman's? Would a DNA test show "her" as a man or a woman?

Now Caitlyn may "feel" like a woman, whatever that means, but I find it interesting that other than wearing women's clothing and makeup and seeking attention, she still does some of the male activities that Bruce used to like to do, like racing cars.

This comment from an article is illuminating...

Quote:
As an experienced board certified physician and psychologist, I am of the informed opinion that the setting of Bruce's show should take place in a mental hospital, where most transvestites who suffer from the debilitating mental illness of gender dysphoria disorder, eventually end up to seek treatment for the disease. Historically, these psychologically damaged, and mostly psycho-sexually abused and tormented individuals, exhibit the highest rates of any mentally-ill population for suicide and attempted suicide, 81%, and 91%, respectively.
Caitlyn Jenner Goes Race Car Driving with Son Burt in Las Vegas : People.com

Old 05-03-2016, 05:41 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
If Bruce Jenner legally changed his name, then no, this particular 'Bruce Jenner' doesn't exist anymore.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:47 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
The reason for the post was basically that "Bruce Jenner" seems to be erased from history and that seems odd to me. When references are made to Bruce Jenner's olympic career, it's talked of as "her" career, even though this was DECADES before the transition.

I can accept humoring this person and referring to them as "her" from now on if that's what "she" wants but we are all supposed to pretend there was never a Bruce Jenner, who was a man? A man with whom people interacted with AS a man? A husband, a father, a male olympian? That just seems ridiculous.
I agree with this. If this is how he wants to handle it - give back the gold medals, since it wasn't him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies