Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 05:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
It's not the diverse areas on the coasts that you should be worrying about. Those areas are doing very well. It is the rural white areas that are suffering. This is a humanitarian crisis and shameful.

The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN : Political Blind Spot
Oh Snap! Dropping that knowledge on them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:07 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$ (for one)
If all we are is a cash cow to "immigrants" then we don't need them here.

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-16-2016 at 05:27 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 05:07 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Oh Snap! Dropping that knowledge on them!
Cherry picking is meant to deceive, not impart knowledge.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:14 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Cherry picking is meant to deceive, not impart knowledge.
Not really. It's been posted here several times that the states that take the most federal aide and contribute the least are predominantly GOP strongholds. A simple checking of google would show you that.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:21 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Then I guess the northwest isn't a part of your idea of what American culture is.

$600 billion would barely pay for the wall, and even that is a low ball number. First there is the infrastructure needed to be put in place to construct a wall. Then there is property rights that need to be acquired, then the cost of materials, the cost of labor, the cost of upkeep, and then of course the cost of security labor. You are looking at a multi trillion dollar useless wall.

Guess you have never heard of people coming to the US for "vacation" and then just not leaving. Most people come into this country as illegals and never need to cross any desert to do so. Your useless wall would do nothing to stop any of that, but it would cost the taxpayers trillions.

Sorry, but I don't buy into your made up facts, so yes, we will have to agree to disagree that your facts are nothing more than fiction.

If you are not in favor of legalizing drugs like marijuana, then you will see criminals smuggling in more drugs to make money, basically you are against stopping criminals from coming into the country because of this.

I don't know what you mean by I think that the northwest isn't a part of American culture. There are some people there and everywhere in the country that choose not to be a part of it but you can't say a whole region chooses that. Again, with the wall. No matter what facts are thrown at you, you remain in denial. If the 700 mile wall weren't feasible congress would never have approved it.

If not you then I have corrected the claims of someone else that said that most illegals are visa over stayers because that simply isn't true. 40% are visa over stayers and 60% are border jumpers. As for the former we just need a better system to track them. Again, with your trillions BS. You have a link that backs up your claims that 700 miles of wall would cost anything near that? I didn't make up any facts. I provided links to them. You just refuse to accept them you are so hell bent on a defeatist attitude. Maybe you should just stop ranting about this issue over and over in here with the same ole nonsense. It's getting tiresome.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:35 PM

248 posts, read 172,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dallas View Post
There's a direct cost for slavery's legacy. Former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Andrew Brimmer estimates that discrimination costs blacks $10 billion yearly through the black-white wage gap, denial of capital access, inadequate public services, and reduced social security and other government benefits. This has been called the "black tax."
Well there you have it folks; a perfect testament as to why the viscous cycle hasn't been broken. EXCUSE MAKING...period! They just can't hold themselves accountable to save their own lives. It's always someone elses fault or someone else holding them back...and they teach their children this as well...children are born with a provided excuse to fail and the excuse comes straight from their parents...AMAZING!
I'm pretty sure we aren't holding a gun to anyones head and demanding they don't graduate highschool, demanding they have multiple children they can't afford, demanding they don't learn a trade and go to work, demanding they speak illiterately, demanding they commit crimes and fill our prisons...are we making these demands? Oh let me guess...indirectly we are right?
Come on man...WAKE UP! People hold themselves back by not taking the VERY SIMPLE steps in life that lead to success...There's a manual for this _ _ _ _ but you have to know how to read it.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Why would someone want to move to this country if they did not want in their hearts to become a proud American?

Or, maybe the bigger question is why do we let them in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$ (for one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If all we are is a cash cow to "immigrants" then we don't need them here.

That's right and I'm pretty sure that's partially what Trump's point is. No country wants to add more poor people to it's population, what's the point? If they're just going to get on welfare the second they enter the country and pop out more babies they can't afford, they're utterly useless to the country. Legal immigrants from Asia, South Asia (India), South America, and Europe are immigrants that actually add something to the country and many are doctors. Illegal immigrants are just coming here to live it up on the Democrat's freebies. They buy the Hispanic vote, plain and simple.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:02 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Not really. It's been posted here several times that the states that take the most federal aide and contribute the least are predominantly GOP strongholds. A simple checking of google would show you that.
Of course it's been posted several times, liberals CONSTANTLY repeat lies over and over as if they're true. It's also been debunked several times in multiple ways, but that never sinks in.

You'll NEVER see anything like this on Huffington or MSNBC so the liberal sycophants won't read it, won't believe it and will continue to repeat the same old tired lies - it's no wonder they support Obama and Hillary.
Liberals love claiming "red states mooch more than blue states". Here's proof that's baloney. - Young Conservatives

Articles: The Myth of Red State Welfare

Old 05-16-2016, 06:35 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know what you mean by I think that the northwest isn't a part of American culture. There are some people there and everywhere in the country that choose not to be a part of it but you can't say a whole region chooses that. Again, with the wall. No matter what facts are thrown at you, you remain in denial. If the 700 mile wall weren't feasible congress would never have approved it.

If not you then I have corrected the claims of someone else that said that most illegals are visa over stayers because that simply isn't true. 40% are visa over stayers and 60% are border jumpers. As for the former we just need a better system to track them. Again, with your trillions BS. You have a link that backs up your claims that 700 miles of wall would cost anything near that? I didn't make up any facts. I provided links to them. You just refuse to accept them you are so hell bent on a defeatist attitude. Maybe you should just stop ranting about this issue over and over in here with the same ole nonsense. It's getting tiresome.
I am very much a part of the culture of the Northwest, if you tell me I am not a part of the American culture, then that sounds like you are telling me the northwest culture isn't American culture. I guess you can find a Walmart and McDonald's anywhere in the US if you are referring to that kind of culture, which I know I have zero interest in.

The 700 mile wall was approved by a Republican Congress in 2006, that had nothing to do with feasibility and everything to do with making their right wing voters feel good about themselves as if this wall was going to magically stop illegal immigrants from coming into the US. That wall was a failure and this idea of an even bigger, more costly of a wall would be even bigger of a failure. Though I am sure you could find plenty of people in Congress that would be happy to waste taxpayermoney on a useless wall.

This write up does a really good job on why a wall would be a waste of money.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ll-wont-solve/

Maybe it is time for you to let go of this fantasy of having some giant wall dividing us from Mexico because it is never going to happen.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,801,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Of course it's been posted several times, liberals CONSTANTLY repeat lies over and over as if they're true. It's also been debunked several times in multiple ways, but that never sinks in.

You'll NEVER see anything like this on Huffington or MSNBC so the liberal sycophants won't read it, won't believe it and will continue to repeat the same old tired lies - it's no wonder they support Obama and Hillary.
Liberals love claiming "red states mooch more than blue states". Here's proof that's baloney. - Young Conservatives

Articles: The Myth of Red State Welfare
I believe the ******* methodology is they go by how much in federal dollars is going to the states but they don't break it down and analyze it. They just lump it all together and say such and such state is mooching off the govt for x amount of dollars. From what I gather is they hate the Farm Bill and it's something only rural areas get so they can't stand it. Somehow working on, and managing a farm is worse than living as a bum on SSI in HUD housing. This is the ******* outlook on life. There's threads about this subject in City vs City and General US, and a plethora of other city specific boards, they just don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies