Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 07:43 AM

1,110 posts, read 672,609 times

Advertisements

I say 'may' as this is the article states: contractors 'claim' that trending articles on Facebook are manipulated to exclude conservative news.

The tempo of social media might be quite different than what it appears today if statistics mattered...

Former Facebook Workers: We Routinely Suppressed Conservative News

Last edited by AKA Bubbleup; 05-09-2016 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 07:46 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Where's the controversy?

Private company constructs its own business model???

Old 05-09-2016, 07:48 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
It's not just "conservative" news.

We don't have equal access when it comes to political views and social media. One of the biggest examples of this has been with the whole "Black Lives Matter" thing.

Social Media is often manipulated to control the masses.

It's not a "left" or "right" thing. Its a "control" thing.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:53 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
It is happening through out our Media and our social media depending on agenda

if you are aware of this, and are listening to your local news, it is extremely evident....

Listen to how they push Hillary and put down Conservatives....

Old 05-09-2016, 07:57 AM

30,374 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Zuck is a Jew that hates right wing America, while making a fortune off right wing Americans...good gig.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:01 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It is happening through out our Media and our social media depending on agenda

if you are aware of this, and are listening to your local news, it is extremely evident....

Listen to how they push Hillary and put down Conservatives....

As an observer of this who is not a conservative or a liberal, I find it interesting that liberals are often so vehemently and vocal against Fox News when there IS pervasive LIBERAL bias in many other forms of media and has been long before Fox was around.

I've often maintained that liberals are not bothered so much by Fox's bias so much that they are bothered that it's an anti-liberal bias.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
As an observer of this who is not a conservative or a liberal, I find it interesting that liberals are often so vehemently and vocal against Fox News when there IS pervasive LIBERAL bias in many other forms of media and has been long before Fox was around.

I've often maintained that liberals are not bothered so much by Fox's bias so much that they are bothered that it's an anti-liberal bias.
I will tell you personally, and very seriously, they had all better wake up....to this fact....

and I totally agree....

Old 05-09-2016, 08:09 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

This is true. Liberals are the most hypocritical people on earth. I notice that every national news article on anything that happens in Texas has liberals come out of the woodwork calling all Texans racist bigots and uneducated rednecks, and they can't even see that what they are engaging in is bigoted on their part. I mean any article, whether it's about some child abuser or people dying in a flood. There is rarely a sympathetic comment even when it's about a natural disaster. It's really ridiculous.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Where's the controversy?

This is NOT a private company. It is publicly traded.

Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Where's the controversy?

I don't think the discussion that should be had is IF Facebook should be or is allowed to do this. I think the question is if it's ethical or honest?

'Trending News' suggests it's news that is getting a lot of traffic, based on what the word 'trend' means. I don't necessarily have any issue with Facebook directing traffic to certain articles, but why is this being done in a 'trending news' section?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies