Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Devil Worshippers be allowed to do this to all US cities ?
YES 58 77.33%
NO 17 22.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 12:34 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
It is a violation of the rights of citizens who do not want their city
inflicted by Satanic spellwork.
You can counter their spellwork with garlic, a YuGiOh card, and 3 Hail Marys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 12:59 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
This is not just praying. It is an outdoor ritual which encircles the city and
her inhabitants in a spell that is not condoned or requested by the city's
leadership.

Umm not sure if your aware of this I'm guessing not, but Satanist are Atheist.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,336 times
It's scary that we're discussing if spells (which don't exist) should be allowed. It's just so foreign the amount of scientific, and frankly logical, illiteracy that I don't even know how best to argue against it. I just assumed no one believed spells were a thing. I should have known better.

But, yes, they, like any other religious group, should have the right to do things that in no way affect anyone's life in any meaningful way.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:10 PM

39,897 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
It is a violation of the rights of citizens who do not want their city
inflicted by Satanic spellwork.
Just about like it is a "violation" of the rights of citizens who do not want their city inflicted by Islamic or Christian bull(^&t. If you allow one "religion" you have to allow all. Satanism is no more or less viable than Islam or Pastafarianism.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:13 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,745,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just about like it is a "violation" of the rights of citizens who do not want their city inflicted by Islamic or Christian bull(^&t. If you allow one "religion" you have to allow all. Satanism is no more or less viable than Islam or Pastafarianism.
Again, 14th amendment.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:21 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,609,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Umm not sure if your aware of this I'm guessing not, but Satanist are Atheist.
here, let me correct your ignorance.

Umm, not sure if your aware of this I'm guessing not, but real Satanist are not Atheist.*

* intentionally maintaned grammatical errors.

I also couldn't care less if these particular Satanists are "atheist" or not, or some are
and others aren't. In my estimation it doesn't necessarily affect the deleteriousness
of their rituals and their harm. That is because I believe 100% Satan exists and
uses them regardless of their stated (perhaps deceptively) beliefs.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,567,159 times
Quote:
Umm, not sure if your aware of this I'm guessing not, but real Satanist are not Atheist.*

* intentionally maintaned grammatical errors.

I'm taking this as a no.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:29 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,245,944 times
Tenets – The Satanic Temple

Quote:
There are seven fundamental tenets.

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word
I'm no Satanist, but those all sound pretty reasonable to me. If these people wanted to pray for something, why shouldn't they be allowed to.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,267,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What do you mean by "viable?"

Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,231,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Tenets – The Satanic Temple

I'm no Satanist, but those all sound pretty reasonable to me. If these people wanted to pray for something, why shouldn't they be allowed to.
It's completely reasonable. But they are all things fundamentalist Christianity would oppose to some extent. Those tenants are too human centric. Doesn't matter how reasonable they are, fundamentalist Christianity will oppose them. Mainstream Christianity would also probably reject Satanism out of a lack of knowledge on what they believe. However, if this list were presented to a Christian, they'd probably be ok with it and move on. A fundamentalist Christian would not.

I've always understood Satanism to be the intentional antonym of Fundamentalist Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies