Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2016, 06:20 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This is why I always hope for liberals to become the victims of their own policies. Nothing makes me happier than when a liberal is robbed, raped or murdered by one of their pet social projects.
You're ecstatic when people who don't agree with you politically are robbed, raped or murdered? What kind of sociopathic monster are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Wrong.

If they're able bodied and of working age (18-65), they belong in work houses or labor camps.
Quote:
"At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge, ... it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
"Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."
You know, when you start sounding like Ebeneezer Scrooge before he had his heel face turn, you should really examine what you're doing wrong in your life.

Last edited by Hesster; 06-05-2016 at 06:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 06:27 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
They want to move the Section 8 out of the cities' neighborhoods,
then take in the third world immigrants and refugees into the cities.
Yes, they are making room for the 100+ million expected invasion.

If we don't elect Trump, the slide will accelerate.
Within 20-30 years America will have a population twice the
current size and half foreign-born.
I think this is their ultimate goal. They want a nation of 1 billion, mostly ignorant peasants.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
You know, when you start sounding like Ebeneezer Scrooge before he had his heel face turn, you should really examine what you're doing wrong in your life.
As I remember, Scrooge's employee was an honest, hardworking man -- not a shiftless parasite!

So -- like Scrooge -- my response to your post is, "Bah, Humbug!"

Old 06-05-2016, 06:41 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,987 times
Quote:
As I remember, Scrooge's employee was an honest, hardworking man -- not a shiftless parasite!

So -- like Scrooge -- my response to your post is, "Bah, Humbug!"

And Scrooge was a tightfisted miser consumed by greed who cared only about money and nothing about other people. Much like some of the people in this thread.

And BTW, Cratchet was poor and a hard worker, much like many real poor people in the modern world. Most able people who are on public assistance have jobs. They just don't make enough to make ends meet. But to people like you, people either fall into the "producers" or "takers" camp, and if you're not a "winner" you're automatically a "shiftless parasite."

The lack of empathy is truly disgusting.

Last edited by Hesster; 06-05-2016 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-05-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
And Scrooge was a tightfisted miser consumed by greed who cared only about money and nothing about other people. Much like some of the people in this thread.

And BTW, Cratchet was poor and a hard worker, much like many real poor people in the modern world. Most able people who are on public assistance have jobs. They just don't make enough to make ends meet. But to people like you, people either fall into the "producers" or "takers" camp, and if you're not a "winner" you're automatically a "shiftless parasite."

Your lack of empathy for those of us to have to pay for shiftless -- and often criminal -- parasites is truly disgusting.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:09 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Your lack of empathy for those of us to have to pay for bums is truly disgusting.
Your lack of empathy for the working poor is also truly disgusting. So I guess there is that.

Quote:
Your lack of empathy for those of us to have to pay for shiftless -- and often criminal -- parasites is truly disgusting.
Oh look at that, you made yourself sound worse, good job.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Your lack of empathy for the working poor is also truly disgusting. So I guess there is that.
Support yourself, don't reach into my pocket.

If you can't live on one job, get another. Or get a roommate. Or move to a part of the country with a lower cost of living and more and better jobs.

Just do it and stop complaining.

Hundreds of thousands of poor people legally immigrate to this country, work hard, and do very well for themselves.

They know that this is a land of opportunity.

We have whole sections of our cities where people live on welfare, stand around in the street all day, deal drugs, commit crimes, join gangs, have children out of wedlock, etc.

Don't try and make me sympathize with these people.

They have no interest in working, studying, or doing anything to improve themselves.

So we have all these jobs that "Americans won't do," with illegal aliens doing them instead.

MY tax money and insurance premiums pay for all of this. Schooling and emergency room care and incarceration costs for illegals. Welfare and incarceration costs for shiftless U.S. citizens....

Old 06-05-2016, 09:53 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Most able people who are on public assistance have jobs. They just don't make enough to make ends meet. But to people like you, people either fall into the "producers" or "takers" camp, and if you're not a "winner" you're automatically a "shiftless parasite."

You aren't thinking either. What causes people to be destitute while working? One way, they live in a high cost of living area -- not their fault, but they should consider moving from N.Y./S.F./Boston or wherever they are that the rent is keeping them poor. The other is to have children outside of marriage that you can't afford. That's not a decision we should be subsidizing or supporting -- if we ever give enough in welfare to make people better rather than worse off because of that -- and section 8 crosses that line for the recipients -- we've royally screwed up societally both in terms of incentives and in terms of fairness (to all the people living life right and not getting the same supports and to all the people paying taxes for it).

I'd go so far as to say that people who need public support because they want work but can't find it or are bona-fide disabled are as a group far and away the most deserving recipients of public support; while people having kids they can't support outside of a traditional marriage are the least. Nothing wrong with looking for work and failing to find it, as long as you keep looking. Nothing wrong with having a legitimate disability. God forbid, it could happen to any and all of us. Faked disability and effectively choosing poverty through having kids outside of marriage are a different story -- and let's be real here, most of the people who are on public assistance while working are in the latter "choose-to" group.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:55 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Support yourself, don't reach into my pocket.

If you can't live on one job, get another. Or get a roommate. Or move to a part of the country with a lower cost of living and more and better jobs.

Just do it and stop complaining.

Hundreds of thousands of poor people legally immigrate to this country, work hard, and do very well for themselves.

They know that this is a land of opportunity.

We have whole sections of our cities where people live on welfare, stand around in the street all day, deal drugs, commit crimes, join gangs, have children out of wedlock, etc.

Don't try and make me sympathize with these people.

They have no interest in working, studying, or doing anything to improve themselves.

So we have all these jobs that "Americans won't do," with illegal aliens doing them instead.

MY tax money and insurance premiums pay for all of this. Schooling and emergency room care and incarceration costs for illegals. Welfare and incarceration costs for shiftless U.S. citizens....
You're not helping yourself here. If we want to talk about tax dollars, I would like to stop funding corporations, I would like to stop funding useless expensive wars, and I would like to stop funding a bloated prison system. Let me know when we stop wasting my tax dollars on those things, and then we will talk about this issue you have with your tax dollars going to illegals.

That is what your whole rant was about, illegals, right?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:01 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It's so they can intergrate the neighborhood, since the white flight left the city, they, the government want to be fair and bring the crime to you. Why should the suburbs be the only safe area to live
Being closer to prospective victims of rape, murder and burglary the move will lower CO2 emissions that contribute to global warming. In other words it's "the green thing to do!"

Now I got to ask you where are they going to put all the Section 8 housing on Martha's Vineyard where all the high and mighty left wing democrats vacation and live? I am thinking John Kerry, who made his millions by marrying not one but TWO wealthy widows never having accomplished a damn thing on his own, needs some diversity in his life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies