Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:51 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Is this a trend? While looking for the location where this happened, I found these plus quite a few others - unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!

Raw: Woman trashes Egan convenience store - KATC.com | Continuous News Coverage | Acadiana-Lafayette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxPwiFDEL4

reminder to self: don't become a convenience store owner

Last edited by aquietpath; 06-06-2016 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 09:02 AM

4,058 posts, read 2,137,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Classy. I'm hoping he presses charges, too.

Jazzcat, if she took off before the guy could press charges, and it didn't hit the media, where would you find a story online about it? Nothing exists other than a video, and that's likely all you'll find.
You're right, MPowering. But I don't know why they wouldn't have called the police or at least gotten her license plate if she came in a car, etc.

According to this, it happened in St. Louis, last year---and she was upset that they ran out of Skittles...

Watch: Customer Freaks Out Because Store Is Out Of Skittles (Video)

Old 06-06-2016, 09:17 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,292,680 times
This link was on Drudge Report. VIDEO: Obese Woman Starts Trashing Store After EBT Card Gets Refused » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind! It also suggests EBT.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Only in this country. Why are Americans so trashy?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:35 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
You're right, MPowering. But I don't know why they wouldn't have called the police or at least gotten her license plate if she came in a car, etc.

According to this, it happened in St. Louis, last year---and she was upset that they ran out of Skittles...

Watch: Customer Freaks Out Because Store Is Out Of Skittles (Video)
Oh, so you were able to find something on it.

It's unclear whether or not the police were called. In the other clip someone posted, it sounded like they were called but five minutes went by without them arriving. I don't understand what took so long.

Not everything gets coverage. I'm guessing this kind of thing happens more than we think, but we never hear about it.

And of course, people are so afraid to touch another person these days that the response is to just stand and watch the tornado blowing through hoping it winds down at some point.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:40 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
This stuff won't be tolerated in a few months. The country will get back to normal.
What are you talking about? This is normal now. Get used to it. What in the world do you think is going to change, and how?

Old 06-06-2016, 09:46 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

It's unclear whether or not the police were called. In the other clip someone posted, it sounded like they were called but five minutes went by without them arriving. I don't understand what took so long.

When seconds count, the police will be there in a few minutes.

Reinforced to me last night with a 15-minute response time to my call.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:49 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,564,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Only in this country. Why are Americans so trashy?
You need to get out more? Travel the world. Trashy people are all over the world, not isolated to the U.S.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:59 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Call the Police- Have her not only arrested, but BANNED from this store, and have other stores warned about her behavior.
Malicious Destruction of Other Peoples Property is a Crime !!!!
This is not a "do anything you wanna do society", either follow the rules or suffer the consequences of incarceration. Maybe they too may need to suspend her food stamps in order to get her to understand the acts she has engaged and then this is followed up with a $ value penalty for the willful destruction of other peoples property especially in a commercial establishment.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:25 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Why didn't someone just give her a Snickers candy bar?

What?

It worked in the commercial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies