Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 8 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Muslims are ANGRY at Texas Mayor After She Stops "Sharia Court"... Here Is Her EPIC Response! - The Political Insider

Is this the link?

I have to thank Obama for this. Thanks for letting them invade our country without any vetting process. Although, they might not be related to the refugees that weren't vetted properly to be here, just like the illegals, there are here and soon to be colonizing.

Mayor Van Duyne did the absolute right thing for Texas.
And those sorry Muslims should just get out of Dodge and go back where they came from. If they cannot assimilate here, then they can't stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 08:16 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It is no different than the Jewish courts that are all over the US. They can not violate any US laws, and can only be used if both parties agree. It's basically like a mediator for civil issues.
do any Jewish courts have different rules for men and women?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:27 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
I don't know how these old stories get resurrected and presented as "news".

The Kerfuffle with the Irving, TX Mayor happened over a year ago and was instigated by Glenn Beck (he of the Cruz is our Savior according to the Mormon Book). Irving is the former home of the Dallas Cowboys and a suburb of Dallas. The Muslim group involved is in Dallas and part of CAIR in Dallas. The DFW area has a large population of Muslims. Would many Muslims prefer to have Sharia Law in the USA? I'm sure some would, but many would not. Is it happening? Probably not. Could it happen? Probably so, in view of the nutty stuff we are seeing in both Law & Order and Courts today. This case was about Family arbitration - the same sort of counseling & arbitration that happens in many family disputes.

Irving City Council backs state bill Muslims say targets them |Dallas Morning News - March 19, 2015

The Texas Law referenced does not mention any Religion at all - I have no idea if it passed. The sad thing is that Citizens and Officials somehow think we now have to have Laws that address items already in either the Constitution and standing Laws on the books. A Texas Law that says you have to follow the Law ...... that is how ridiculous things have become.

This sort of thing is happening because we have a Federal Government that cherry picks (based on Ideology) which Laws they choose to follow. Corruption and the break down in Law & Order are two of the Major things we face as a Nation.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 AM

589 posts, read 300,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And those sorry Muslims should just get out of Dodge and go back where they came from. If they cannot assimilate here, then they can't stay.
Absolutely, if they don't like it here, why did they even come here? There is a place for everything and USA is not a place for Sharia Law. They can apply Sharia Law by going back to where they came from and practice it there.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:35 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
There is a whole lot of rhetorical spinning being done, particularly in blogs like Top Right News, that doesn't really mean what law really means.

Look past the spin.

Yes, Muslim individuals will continue to be free to engage in personal transactions by whatever rules they mutually agree to follow as long as those transactions do not violate local, state, and federal laws. They can set up weekly community bingo games and rule by bingo, if they want.

However, there is a continuing, growing, and pernicious doctrine by followers of the Salafi (Wahabi) radicals (a radical Sunni doctrine) to push for Sharia above all laws, and followers of that sect will push, and push, and push. They are also the sect that exports terrorism around the world.

The problem is that Saudis are the Salafis, and they use their oil money to push that doctrine all over the world and wherever they can in the US, and they are the most prolific and effective Islamic "outreach" because they are so well funded. Because the Saudis have their fingers deep in the American economy, government and media will not point them out as being the specific problem...

...but if you get into a private conversation with any non-Salafi Muslim (like a Sufi or a Shiite), they will tell you.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:38 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
I wonder what type of family disputes they want the Islamic tribunals to arbitrate? Is it whether a young girl can marry someone not chosen by her father? Or whether she must get female genital mutilation? Do we really want courts set up for Muslims to act outside our laws? Where women can be considered half a person? Why would they want these tribunals unless it is for things that they know the US courts wouldn't allow?

Old 06-10-2016, 08:39 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
A city in MI that implemented the law a few years ago: City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report Keeping in mind that their religious law is also what they want of the governoring law.
I read the article and it was so ridiculous (a U.S. city has the power to make stoning legal?) that I knew it was false. So I did some searching. The story is FALSE:

Satirical website makes up

Old 06-10-2016, 09:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
do any Jewish courts have different rules for men and women?
I'm not Jewish, so I don't know. I DO know that no man or woman is required to use either the Jewish or the Muslim courts they have to AGREE to use them. If they do not choose to use them they can use regular civil court.

Here is some more information on the other religious courts that operate in the US.
Applying God

Old 06-10-2016, 09:06 AM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Maybe the locals might think Sharia would be an improvement over the local corruption Texas is reputed to favor?
As a native Texan, I can assure you that you have no idea what you are babbling about - NONE.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:08 AM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Having problems posting so this may not show up.
The answer is NO, absolutely NOT. The very idea is ludicrous. Sharia is incompatible with HUMANITY, much less the American way of LIFE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies