Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 11:53 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 16th Amendment made nothing government spends money on, unconstitutional.
Government has all the authority to hold any individual in bondage to them, if they wish.

Only rulings that spend no US Treasury revenue, are available for unconstitutionality.
Nothing restricts government, from spending money on unconstitutional matters. Nothing. You see, the Fox watches the hen house here.
Many things found unconstitutional, still have tax payer funding to this day. Along with many things determined Constitutional, being denied and using tax dollars to enforce it.

The President is the top law enforcement officer in the entire nation. He picks and chooses what he wishes to consent to and force compliance on....
The President can do many unconstitutional things and there is no mechanism, but the vote in 4 years to take his power away. Impeachment is nothing, but a slap in the faces, as he smiles.
Specifically, what laws have been declared unconstitutional that are still being enforced and funded by tax dollars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I care more about solutions than petty finger pointing. It's 2016 and the biggest critics of ACA still can't manage to put forth anything. Republicans could have made it a better law but they didn't care about solutions to help the American people.
Isn't that the truth! They would rather shut down the government than help the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 11:59 AM

788 posts, read 512,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The VA has had its issues, but they perform well overall. It could be improved, but even in its present state I would find the VA superior to our current, profit based system. And I do happen to have an excellent plan thru my employer, but most don't have anything close. If I were to lose my job I could be one accident away from bankruptcy.
Treading water in a sea of ignorance again, I see. The VA system is abysmal - to be kind. I know, I've used it. Great if you have many, many, many hours to kill.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:03 PM

788 posts, read 512,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post

It's working as we speak.

To the bolded, the problem with speaking in absolutes is you are generally wrong.... You could have said "it wasn't working as intended" or "as designed" or "at full capacity". But you went the petty absolute route.
I'll be perfectly specific.

It isn't working for the benefit of America and American's.

To be fair, however, it is working splendidly for , and to the benefit of a few Obama's crony Insurance companies who are making out like bandits.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:59 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Doubling of the state budget sounds a bit unreasonable, to say the least!

How do they intend to handle their 735,000 seniors?
There is a plan.

They will get the seniors so high on legal pot that the seniors won't know if they are well or not! If someone wises up, they will ship him over to Nevada.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:51 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
I notice that no one mentioned the 6.67% payroll tax for employers or the 3.33% payroll tax for employees, and that the State will need to raise an additional $25 Billion per year.

And the taxes are exempt from the Colorado Taxpayer Bill of Rights.

The premium tax would be applied to most income sources, including:
  • salaries, wages, and tips
  • rents, interest, and dividends
  • capital gains
  • business proprietors' income
  • Social Security benefits, pensions and annuities

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Sta..._69_%282016%29

Old 06-12-2016, 05:25 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
There is a plan.

They will get the seniors so high on legal pot that the seniors won't know if they are well or not! If someone wises up, they will ship him over to Nevada.
Good one!

Old 06-12-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I notice that no one mentioned the 6.67% payroll tax for employers or the 3.33% payroll tax for employees, and that the State will need to raise an additional $25 Billion per year.

And the taxes are exempt from the Colorado Taxpayer Bill of Rights.

The premium tax would be applied to most income sources, including:
  • salaries, wages, and tips
  • rents, interest, and dividends
  • capital gains
  • business proprietors' income
  • Social Security benefits, pensions and annuities

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Sta..._69_%282016%29
Since Colorado is not monetarily sovereign, it stands to simple reason that somehow taxes need to be markedly increased. And a very large reason why states simply cannot afford to fund the HC for their people.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:26 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Since Colorado is not monetarily sovereign, it stands to simple reason that somehow taxes need to be markedly increased. And a very large reason why states simply cannot afford to fund the HC for their people.
That's why it needs to be done at the federal level.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
<ThumbsUp!>

Old 06-12-2016, 09:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post

That would take a Constitutional Amendment. The Constitution does not grant the government that authority.
Since it doesn't, it is a 10th Amendment issue.
They do have the 16th amendment in their favor, to force compliance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies