Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we have stricter gun-ownership laws?
Yes 114 28.08%
No 292 71.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 04:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You just lost all credibility for you story. It now gets filed with shooting the gun out of the bad guys hand. We had 4 E-9 on my sub and no officer ever salutes any enlisted man. A Master Chief would be aghast to be saluted by an officer. They take great pride in their position in the Navy and its traditions. Inferiors salute superiors.
Son - you don't have clue about being in combat - do you? Close in - eye to eye combat. Obviously not

Nor did I infer that it is a "normal" thing for him to be saluted. But, there are times - like when being awarded various recognitions - well, you get the picture. Or, when he literally saved the life of a 2 star - some Colonel had the ordasity to salute him -

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 04-26-2008 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: c'mon, you know better...

Old 04-26-2008, 05:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Folks are getting a bit carried away here.

Do I need to lock this thread up?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Great idea.....

Old 04-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
They don't need a gun and it's now patently obvious to even to the lowest grade moron, that armed pilots is a stupid idea.
Having pilots armed might have saved an aircraft or two on 9/11

Great idea to have them

Old 04-26-2008, 05:21 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,067,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Folks are getting a bit carried away here.

It depends. We have an absolute poser posting here. Post after post fails the straight face test and when he starts talking about military experience for some made up BS, it becomes offensive to those of us who have served.

If that's reason to lock the thread, then do so. My inclination is just to show they guy up for what he is.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
It depends. We have an absolute poser posting here. Post after post fails the straight face test and when he starts talking about military experience for some made up BS, it becomes offensive to those of us who have served.

If that's reason to lock the thread, then do so. My inclination is just to show they guy up for what he is.
I'm no poser. You may be though.

Oh, and my son? Not made up - not one bit. I can say I am damn proud of him though - and he has been in direct combat - in fact, as of late - on a daily basis.

You have not been in that situation though.

OBTW - I served also ('Nam)

Old 04-26-2008, 05:53 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
OK, this thread needs a temporary cooling off period.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:08 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Nor a physician, but neither is required for something this advanced.
Some people feel qualified to make a MEDICAL diagnosis when they're unqualified for the task, RL.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:47 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
And why was the gun safety was off? BTW DC police aren't behind a locked armored cockpit door. There's absolutely no need to have a round chambered, and it's pretty clear from this close call, that it's NOT SAFE. Several reports say that the pilot was "showing off" the weapon when it discharged. Now days after the fact the story is that it's all TSA's fault. Well it is, these yahoo's are paid to fly planes and keep the MOD CUT cockpit door locked shut. They don't need a gun and it's now patently obvious to even to the lowest grade moron, that armed pilots is a stupid idea.
Its the TSA's fault for madating an unsafe holster in order to ensure the gun cant be removed outside the cockpit. The regs as I understand them require the pilot to holster & lock the gun whenever he leaves the cockpit.
If not for the stupid rule needed to satisfy the pansy's the gun would have stayed holstered & out of sight for the duration of the flight.
If your cops had a rule mandateing they lock & unlock a firearm every time they left the drivers seat they would have more accidents as well.
Matter of fact they do anyway. Police have abysmal saftey records & often shoot the wrong guy.

You sit here & call others phony, who are you that we should believe your anything but an unknowledgable inner city liberal thats never even held a gun let alone has any experience with which to draw a worthy opinion.

Many double action autos are designed to be carred safely with no saftey engaged. Some have no saftey. If you dont pull the trigger they dont go bang. Many single action autos are intended to be carried hot chamber hammer back & saftey on. Neither is ever intended to be secured by an object thru the trigger guard while loaded. A logical person can see easilly that the fault for this lies as much with the TSA as with the captain. Maybe more. If the TSA forced him to fly in an unsafe manner or useing unsafe equipment & he crashed everyone would be out to fry the TSA. This is no different, despite your emotional non factual opinion.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:06 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
So the purpose of the gun laws in DC were...........

I guess nobody wants to seriously answer that.
SUPPOSEDLY it was to reduce crime. As all gun control does it failed miserably. DC consistently is in the top 5 as far as murder and violent crime. There have been studies that started out to prove gun control works that have had to concede that there isn't one case where it worked. The hopolophobes just won't or can't admit this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies