Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Sure, wouldn't affect policy at all!

We all know with that large a number of people in a voting bloc, it absolutely does affect policy.
Please stop trying to change the subject. You argued they would be the majority in the population. You were wrong.

I also never said they wouldn't affect policy, so you rolling your eyes as if i did is a moot point as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 01:59 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So? Ask the same question to a population of conservatives & you'll get the same results. What are we going to do about conservatives?
Is that so?

Gay Conservatives Show Support, Wave Flags At Milo Talk In Orlando - Breitbart

Old 06-17-2016, 02:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Still wondering what the libs are going to do about their love of islam and their acceptance of LBGT COMMUNITY.

1000 of 1000 questioned. %100

Great video. Milo starts talking at about 12 minutes

https://youtu.be/xLqkizGtFo0
Being Muslim is unacceptable to me. Why does the world constantly tip-toe around the truth about that moon-god death cult?

Why Is Islam Treated Better than Other Faiths?

Old 06-17-2016, 02:29 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Democrats want to claim every minority group in order to control them.

How the hell can "liberals" claim they want to promote equality for gays when they want to import a group of people - Muslims, who if they get a stronghold in this nation will discriminate against gays and kill them?

Democrats are the biggest political hypocrites and traitors in this nation.

If Hillary wins - gays will be signing their death warrant.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
4 pages and I still have idea what the purpose of this thread is, other than to stir the pot. Productive.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:07 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's nice. The LGBT community would probably have appreciated their help back when it counted, but I guess there's more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents than over ninety-nine others who are righteous, or something.

In the meantime, the conservative leadership were vying to have their photo taken with Kim Davis.
The GOP leadership was not doing that, but a few candidates were. They were the religious conservatives, and they lost to one of the ones who said she had a duty to do the job she was elected to do. Could it be because the religious conservatives are losing this issue? I know a lot of conservatives that thought she was being an idiot about the whole thing, and that she took an oath to uphold the laws of this country and failed. They particularly were upset that she wasn't letting her deputy clerks issue licenses either. The line of thought was how was that any different than a president picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which laws to ignore?

Where do the GOP candidates stand on Kim Davis? | MSNBC

Old 06-17-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
4 pages and I still have idea what the purpose of this thread is, other than to stir the pot. Productive.
As is every other thread on this forum. It's a discussion, not a referendum.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Please stop trying to change the subject. You argued they would be the majority in the population. You were wrong.

I also never said they wouldn't affect policy, so you rolling your eyes as if i did is a moot point as well.
You cherry picked my quote to begin with. I argued that they would most likely be the majority, then looked up the information when told by a British man that they only represent 7.5% of the population, so I posted the one that says they will be 26,000,000 in population by 2051. Did you happen to read my thoughts on the fact that Muslim birth rates could fall in line with other birth rates by then, or the Muslim ideology could undergo a modernization influenced by Western ideals by then, making the threat of laws against homosexuality moot?

Old 06-17-2016, 03:19 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,314,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Being Muslim is unacceptable to me. Why does the world constantly tip-toe around the truth about that moon-god death cult?
Most Muslims around the world are born into the faith, it's just a matter of geography and who your family is for most(just like most Christians or Jews or Hindus and so on). There's been ongoing waves of secularization and countering waves of reactionary Islamcists for the last 100 years in much of the world with Muslim populations. You can find a variety of views among people who are considered "Muslim", and for the last 1300 years various cultures have either ignored or emphasized certain parts of the Koran, but saying they're all "unacceptable" isn't going to change the views of any of them. If anything it seems like some people are unable to consider them individuals, it's always Muslims or Islam as a single unified group or horde(which it isn't).

I never hear anyone making "just bomb them all" posts about non-Muslim religions or regions or restricting other groups based solely on their religion, so I fail to see how somehow Islam is treated better than other faiths. I'd love to see a more secular and culturally modern world that includes the Middle East and South Asia and sees the fundamentalists resigned to the wrong side of history, but this idea that we should be at war with all of "them" sort of prevents much rational discussion.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:00 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Damn near every church going christian i know disaproves of the "gays" .... and they are liberals.... its an excuse to feel superior to somebody. I hate no group. Everyone has a right tk be themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies