Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 11:35 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You can't be logical with liberals....it has no meaning for them.
This is seriously the problem with talk radio. Read what you type.

There is a legitimate issue with intolerance amongst Muslims. I'm a moderate liberal and I acknowledge this, as does someone like Bill Maher.

But why would anyone talk with you about anything when instead of being a grown up, you seem more entertained by trying to be a wannabe Michael Savage with mindless catch phrases? I mean, you are on the internet so you can't slap your right wing "teammates" on the back after you are all funny and stuff, yuck yuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 11:42 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
1,000 out of 1,000 U.S. Rednecks say being Gay is unacceptable, what now?

"Rednecks" is a crass stereotype. Care to explain exactly what you mean by "rednecks"?

And when you're done with that how about actually addressing the issue. Wanna try that?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Ever heard of the Admiral Duncan pub nail bombing?
Wonder if Milo has?

I guess Milo didn't ask the Muslim Drag Queens to take part in his survey?
Sooooooo... Milo is the problem?

REALLY?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
ahh he watched brokeback mnt..!--
there are dead and injured gay victims from all 50 states-- do not know any Muslim related to those crimes, until Orlando - yes- Overseas they are horrendous-but talking right here- right now-
who is beating up on the gay community in all 50 states> ??

Other gays?

Old 06-17-2016, 11:52 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the few liberals I know have stated to me that they do not mean or understand what they are saying.

to me it means that they do not blame muslims for their answers.

in fact, it also means to me that liberals will not change their mind until it is their head getting cut off.
I am liberal and I am gay.
I lived in Indonesia until I was 12 years old. I witnessed how hypocritical some Muslims are.
In fact some of my friends' family were affected by the 1998 incident there perpetrated by Muslims.
Google it if you don't know what it is.
I would agree that Muslim is NOT a religion of peace.
But I WILL NOT say that all Muslims are bad.
Do I want to stereotype them all? YES VERY MUCH.
But I will stop short from demonizing all Muslims.
Because do you know what? As a liberal, we want EVERYBODY to be treated equally.
Precaution is always good but mass hysteria and phobias are NOT ok.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:17 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Civil unions were never on the table.

And we don't have to go that far back. Obergefell was in June 2015, and it was still fought tooth-and-nail. I didn't see a lot of conservatives raising their voices against Kim Davis, either.
You don't see what you don't want to see. Read the Pew Poll I posted earlier. Obviously there are a lot of conservatives, particularly young ones, who are fine with gay marriage.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm a redneck who supports gay marriage.

I could care less if you are gay, it doesn't affect me at all.

Are you a nice person? Yes, good.

Are you a man who is sexually attracted to another man? No need to answer because I don't care.

If you're fun and pleasant to be around, you're a person I want to hang out with, and generally speaking, most gay men are fun and pleasant to be around. Now, why so many lesbians tend to be out to prove something and aren't fun, I don't know.

The Lt. Atty General of Utah apologized to the LGBT community after Orlando, saying he was sorry for the way he treated some of them when he was in school, and how, over time, his heart changed because they've been patient with him. You can view the video here.

I don't know how large the LGBT community is in Utah, and some will say he's doing this as a ploy simply because he's running for reelection, but if that's the case, wouldn't he risk losing the votes of all the haters in the Republican party people keep talking about?

There will always be hateful Christians and conservatives on the far right, just as there will always be loonies on the far left. Thankfully, they're small in numbers, although the media would have us think otherwise.

Those who represent us in Washington have their own agendas and do not represent us. We know this for sure, when it comes to everything except the way they vote when it comes time to voting for LGBT rights. Then, for some reason, their votes reflect all the hate within the entire Republican party.

Give me a break. People have had too many problems following 9/11 to get that involved with the lives of those around them. They don't care. They realize it doesn't affect them. Live and let live, and all of that.

But if you insist on making it a party issue, shouldn't you at least look at the Democrats in California? How did one of the most liberal states in the country support prop 8 to eliminate same sex marriage?

As long as people continue to buy into the b.s. that Republicans hate gays, we'll all be just distracted enough to ignore what's really going on in Washington.

We've all been played.

Last edited by MPowering1; 06-17-2016 at 01:12 PM..

Old 06-17-2016, 01:03 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
1,000 out of 1,000 U.S. Rednecks say being Gay is unacceptable, what now?
I come from a long line of rednecks (though I don't consider myself one) and no one in my family, even the older folks), is anti gay. Recently one of my cousins got married. The maid of honor was a gay black guy. No one batted an eye.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:39 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You don't see what you don't want to see. Read the Pew Poll I posted earlier. Obviously there are a lot of conservatives, particularly young ones, who are fine with gay marriage.
That's nice. The LGBT community would probably have appreciated their help back when it counted, but I guess there's more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents than over ninety-nine others who are righteous, or something.

In the meantime, the conservative leadership were vying to have their photo taken with Kim Davis.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:41 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well Phil - the actually study is a Stanford University study...
I am ever so slightly beginning to doubt the existence of this study...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies