Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 03:34 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times

Advertisements

This CBS News producer bought an AR-15 to make a point about gun control. She may have broken the law in the process.

"CBS News' Paula Reid purchased an AR-15 for a news segment that aired Thursday on CBS This Morning — and is now being accused of breaking federal law. According to the gun store's general manager, Reid said the rifle was for her own use, but when CBS reported on the story, it revealed she had later given the gun to a third party.

I hope she's charged with a felony!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-18-2016 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 03:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I hope she's charged with a felony!
Awww did the nasty reporter say something you disagreed with? Lets charge her with a felony!

You sound like Trump.

The Felony part will go nowhere. Reporter will say "I bought it with the intent to show how easy it was, afterwards I realized I really didn't want the gun, so I gave it to a federally licensed firearm dealer."

Old 06-17-2016, 03:44 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Guarantee she wont be charged. Should be but wont.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Awww did the nasty reporter say something you disagreed with? Lets charge her with a felony!

You sound like Trump.

The Felony part will go nowhere. Reporter will say "I bought it with the intent to show how easy it was, afterwards I realized I really didn't want the gun, so I gave it to a federally licensed firearm dealer."
what is the point of having firearms laws in place if they're not going to be enforced?

go ahead, lets hear it.

you can't GIVE a gun away. That 3rd party has to go through a background check too and the transaction needs to be recorded.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
what is the point of having firearms laws in place if they're not going to be enforced?

go ahead, lets hear it.

you can't GIVE a gun away. That 3rd party has to go through a background check too and the transaction needs to be recorded.
You can in fact give a gun away.

Some states require paperwork, many do not.

BTW-please note, she gave the gun to a federally licensed dealer.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
She made a point on air to say she turned it over to Federal Licensed firearm dealer.
They acted like it was a big deal on how easy an honest citizen with no record could go buy a gun.

Next they'll be reporting on how easy it is to actually go buy a car so you can drive drunk.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You can in fact give a gun away.

Some states require paperwork, many do not.
no, you cannot. Just because you can physically do it, doesn't mean it is LEGAL. That's the point here, she made a straw purchase and that is a felony.

so I ask again because maybe I wasn't clear the first time: WHY BOTHER HAVING GUN LAWS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ENFORCE THEM?

I love how people who know absolutely NOTHING about guns think they're subject matter experts.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
no, you cannot. Just because you can physically do it, doesn't mean it is LEGAL. That's the point here, she made a straw purchase and that is a felony.

so I ask again because maybe I wasn't clear the first time: WHY BOTHER HAVING GUN LAWS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ENFORCE THEM?

I love how people who know absolutely NOTHING about guns think they're subject matter experts.
Quote me the law where giving your gun to a federally licensed dealer requires him to undergo a background check. No worries, I will wait.

You are wrong.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:54 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:

I'd love to see her get in trouble. It was her gun to do as she pleases and she gave it to a Licensed Dealer.

She did not buy it purposely for another individual. They don't bother with criminals buying guns, they won't bother with her either.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd love to see her get in trouble. It was her gun to do as she pleases and she gave it to a Licensed Dealer.

She did not buy it purposely for another individual. They don't bother with criminals buying guns, they won't bother with her either.
because as you point out...She did not buy it purposely for another individual. Thus...no crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies