Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,100,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
And I have no quibble with you on that.

But ultimately, the transcript is not the property of the FBI, nor is it classified or FOUO. Ultimately, it is the legal property of the state of Florida.
Why doesn't Florida rise up and take ownership of the tapes? Only if the declaration of a terrorist investigation would the state lose the custody of their evidence. But Florida could make copies I'd the evidence in order to prosecute any state charges down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 06:29 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,976 times
I don't know about you guys, but this is the kind of stuff that should make you want to go out and talk to your friends and family. Typing away at your keyboard is cool and all, but if this kind of stuff really scares you then take action.

Or do nothing.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:47 PM

30,655 posts, read 18,269,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Why doesn't Florida rise up and take ownership of the tapes? Only if the declaration of a terrorist investigation would the state lose the custody of their evidence. But Florida could make copies I'd the evidence in order to prosecute any state charges down the road.
Bingo. That's exactly what happened. Does anyone think that Gov Rick Scott--who was adamantly opposed to the FBI/DOJ shenanigans here--would have not released the full, unedited transcripts otherwise?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:02 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Bottom Line - TeamObama & the DOJ finally accepted Reality on the Florida 911 calls.
They were going to be revealed - one way or another. No way to shred those tapes.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:35 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I don't know about you guys, but this is the kind of stuff that should make you want to go out and talk to your friends and family. Typing away at your keyboard is cool and all, but if this kind of stuff really scares you then take action.

Or do nothing.
My family talked about this at length over dinner. My 20-something former social justice/liberal child has become a frustrated conservative over the last couple of years. All it took was a little "fool me once, shame on me. Fool me 1,000,000,000 times, shame on you" action. I never said anything, I'm still moderate.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:43 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Default Fdle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Florida Department of Law Enforcement Should be entitle to the Tapes and they are definitely putting resources into the Radicle Islam Shooting. They should entitle since they are the Chief Law Enforcement to the State of Florida.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Bottom Line - TeamObama & the DOJ finally accepted Reality on the Florida 911 calls.
They were going to be revealed - one way or another. No way to shred those tapes.
Actually no.

The REAL bottom line? That there was a WILL by Team Obama and the DOJ to edit the words of a terrorist and hide the truth from the American people.

People whose salaries we pay and who are accountable to us for their job performance tried to lie to us about what happened when it came to the murder and injury and 100 innocent American citizens on our own soil.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:47 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,707,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually no.

The REAL bottom line? That there was a WILL by Team Obama and the DOJ to edit the words of a terrorist and hide the truth from the American people.

People whose salaries we pay and who are accountable to us for their job performance tried to lie to us about what happened when it came to the murder and injury and 100 innocent American citizens on our own soil.
It's a habit they've gotten into.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:05 AM

28,682 posts, read 18,820,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually no.

I was in the intelligence business for a long time, fortunately on the military side rather than the civilian side.

Why "fortunately?" Because military commanders want to know the truth about the opposition. They might not like the truth, but they know they need the truth.

Politicians do not want the truth. They want what fits their agendas. That's not just this administration, it's the general truth about politicians. I served under six presidents, and the only one that respected facts was the elder Bush (probably because he'd been both a combat military commander and director of the CIA).

Other presidents would look at a presentation of facts and flat out say, "That's wrong" because the facts didn't fit their agendas.

I'm pretty much a liberal, but this incident is perhaps the clearest, no-acceptable-excuse example of an administration using an incident for its own agendas rather than seeking the truth that I've seen since Powell's UN address on WMD.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I was in the intelligence business for a long time, fortunately on the military side rather than the civilian side.

Why "fortunately?" Because military commanders want to know the truth about the opposition. They might not like the truth, but they know they need the truth.

Politicians do not want the truth. They want what fits their agendas. That's not just this administration, it's the general truth about politicians. I served under six presidents, and the only one that respected facts was the elder Bush (probably because he'd been both a combat military commander and director of the CIA).

Other presidents would look at a presentation of facts and flat out say, "That's wrong" because the facts didn't fit their agendas.

I'm pretty much a liberal, but this incident is perhaps the clearest, no-acceptable-excuse example of an administration using an incident for its own agendas rather than seeking the truth that I've seen since Powell's UN address on WMD.
Excellent post. The chief Muslim in charge of the country and his AG then and now are not Americans. They simply do not "get it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies