Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 07:25 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
If a insane mass murderer has the choice of the following 2 guns, which gun will they choose?

A.) a standard semi-automatic hunting rifle
b.) a AR-15

Answer: They will choose the AR-15. They will choose that gun because they know it was designed to kill people, they see guns like this used in movies to kill people, they know the military uses guns like this to kill people, it looks cool, ex.ex.

And the fact that the Columbine shooters, Sandy Hook shooter, movie theater shooter, night club shooter, ex.ex. all choose assault weapons only proves my point.

Because I know what various types of firearms were designed to do (and assault weapons were designed to kill people.)

The M-16 was a hard sell to the US military because it was the smallest caliber weapon ever considered for use as an infantry rifle.

The strategy that existed before the M-16 came along was "one round, one kill" with the rifle expected to, in every case, do the killing.

The superior range and well-designed sights of the new weapon meant the enemy could be engaged at longer distances and with greater accuracy, but wounds inflicted by the M-16 were not always immediately fatal and this meant other opportunities to kill the enemy had to be exploited.

Most military organizations will at some point collect their wounded and expedite them to a secure area for treatment.

This requires two individuals to carry the wounded enemy soldier eliminating three from the fight.

While this wounded soldier is being carried, mortars, artillery, naval gun fire and air support can all be brought to bear on the evacuees as they retreat to their own lines.

This proved to be an efficient way to destroy an enemy without suffering a high casualty rate in the process.

This was an important lesson learned as it eliminated much of the need for direct engagement of the enemy by light infantry units and reduced the number of US casualties dramatically.

Today, when an AR is used in a mass shooting, the survival rate is usually about 50% because the diameter of the bullet is so small (223 cal).

And since any semi-automatic rifle will fire one round each time the trigger is squeezed, eliminating ARs will accomplish nothing except make larger caliber semi-automatic weapons more appealing to mass shooters.

That means more dead and fewer wounded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2016, 11:17 AM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
Quote:
Here's the AR-15.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ar15...m=isch&q=AR-15

Does it look like a gun designed to shoot birds? NO
Does it look like a gun designed to shoot deer? NO
Does it look like a gun designed to kill human beings? YES

When I was 8 years old I could tell you a shotgun is for killing birds, a large caliber rifle is for killing deer, and a gun that looks like a AR-15 is for killing people.
I think this is the dumbest post I've ever seen on CD.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:54 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I think this is the dumbest post I've ever seen on CD.
Shotgun (a gun designed to shoot birds/fast moving small game)
Large caliber rifle (a gun designed to shoot big game)
Assault weapon (a gun designed to shoot human beings on a battlefield)

But today's republicans no longer understand the most basic principles of gun usage.

Old 06-30-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The M-16 was a hard sell to the US military because it was the smallest caliber weapon ever considered for use as an infantry rifle.

The strategy that existed before the M-16 came along was "one round, one kill" with the rifle expected to, in every case, do the killing.

The superior range and well-designed sights of the new weapon meant the enemy could be engaged at longer distances and with greater accuracy, but wounds inflicted by the M-16 were not always immediately fatal and this meant other opportunities to kill the enemy had to be exploited.

Most military organizations will at some point collect their wounded and expedite them to a secure area for treatment.

This requires two individuals to carry the wounded enemy soldier eliminating three from the fight.

While this wounded soldier is being carried, mortars, artillery, naval gun fire and air support can all be brought to bear on the evacuees as they retreat to their own lines.

This proved to be an efficient way to destroy an enemy without suffering a high casualty rate in the process.

This was an important lesson learned as it eliminated much of the need for direct engagement of the enemy by light infantry units and reduced the number of US casualties dramatically.

Today, when an AR is used in a mass shooting, the survival rate is usually about 50% because the diameter of the bullet is so small (223 cal).

And since any semi-automatic rifle will fire one round each time the trigger is squeezed, eliminating ARs will accomplish nothing except make larger caliber semi-automatic weapons more appealing to mass shooters.

That means more dead and fewer wounded.
I remember reading about or watching a documentary about the M-16 wounding soldiers and then taking enemy soldiers out the fight to carry them off. And perhaps your statements have some validity.

But I feel having assault weapons in the general public will cause thoughts of killing people in certain individuals when they see these weapons.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:22 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
You buy a shotgun to shoot birds (because that's what it was designed to do.)
You buy a .22 rifle to shoot small game (because that's what it was designed to do.)
You buy a large caliber rifle to shoot big game (because that's what it was designed to do.)
And you buy a assault weapon to kill large numbers of human beings (because that's what it was designed to do.)

Assault weapons are guns designed for war (to kill human beings.) These guns were designed to handle all elements of the battlefield, and to kill human beings at both close and far ranges.

What do you buy a assault weapon for?
3 gun
Tac rifle
High power
Because it is easy for smaller frame people to shoot
Hunting small to medium game (depending on caliber)

Do you tell women the only reason to own a miniskirt is to be a hooker?

Old 06-30-2016, 04:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Shotgun (a gun designed to shoot birds/fast moving small game)
Large caliber rifle (a gun designed to shoot big game)
Assault weapon (a gun designed to shoot human beings on a battlefield)

But today's republicans no longer understand the most basic principles of gun usage.
Shotgun (survival tool)
Large caliber rifle (survival tool)
Assault weapon (survival tool)

But today's idiots no longer understand the most basic principle of gun usage.

Old 06-30-2016, 04:57 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think that Senator is somewhat right. No EVERYONE who buys one is Hellbent on killing people, but a certain percentage are, and that is their weapon of choice.

I've owned guns all my life, shotguns, 30-30's, various pistols, etc. yet I have never wanted to own an AR-15 or one of it's many clones. They serve no purpose, aside from spraying as many bullets in as little time as possible. You can't hunt with one (well , you could, but you would blow your prey apart), and a pistol or shotgun does a great job of giving you personal protection.

I realize some people include under the canopy of being able to own and bear arms ANY kind of weapon they choose, but there is a reason sawed off shotguns and other weapons are illegal to own.....they are too useful for committing violent acts. I grew up in a time when you could order a rifle or pistol from Sears Roebuck and have it sent to your home. We realized that this was a horrible idea and banned it, why not ban assault weapons too ?

I'm sure I will get flamed for that opinion, but, last time I checked, my opinion is protected under the Constitution.

Don
For a person that has been around rifles and pistols all their life you are sure ignorant about the AR-15. Maybe had you bought one we could have an intelligent conversation about this rifle. The A means it was manufactured by ArmaLite firearms the R mean Rifle. It shoots a 5.56 mm round, your 30-30 shoots a 7.62mm round. There is no blowing your pray apart because this is a SEMI-AUTOMATIC rifle, one trigger pull, one round fired, no hunter in their right mind is going to empty a magazine into what they are hunting.

Yes, you are allowed your opinion, but at least fact check yourself before spouting your opinion, it makes you look ignorant.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:43 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
There is no blowing your pray apart because this is a SEMI-AUTOMATIC rifle, one trigger pull, one round fired, no hunter in their right mind is going to empty a magazine into what they are hunting.

Yes, you are allowed your opinion, but at least fact check yourself before spouting your opinion, it makes you look ignorant.

Well, 30-40 rooters in the pasture turning it up like a plow, and it will seem like a happy switch is needed, to eradicate the Hog problem.

Night vision thermal imaging scope, optional.

Just make sure the cows are in the other pasture!, or the freezer will be overstuffed.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:21 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I remember reading about or watching a documentary about the M-16 wounding soldiers and then taking enemy soldiers out the fight to carry them off. And perhaps your statements have some validity.

But I feel having assault weapons in the general public will cause thoughts of killing people in certain individuals when they see these weapons.

You think someone who concocts a plan to die while killing dozens of innocent civilians first needs to be inspired by the sight of an AR-15?

Old 07-01-2016, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You think someone who concocts a plan to die while killing dozens of innocent civilians first needs to be inspired by the sight of an AR-15?
Out of sight, out of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies