Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 09:11 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
2004 US Embassy Uzbekistan 2 killed 9 injured

2004 Consulate in Saudi Arabia 8 killed

2006 US Embassy Syria 1 killed

2007 US Embassy Athens grenade nobody died

2008 US Embassy set on fire

2008 US Embassy Yemen 10 killed

2009 House cut the State department budget 1.2 Billion

2011 cut 128 Million

2012 cut 331 Million

No money for security but plenty for hearings. This is complete and total BS

After looking at this for years, weeks and days, anybody who thinks the Rs are not BSing is myopic.

It doesn't matter whether it's a R or D I in the WH .....there is NEVER any accountability for crap like this.

Our military personnel are expendable/meaningless to American government!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're right about Benghazi being mainly a CIA operation, which is why we won't know everything if they 'investigate' for another 4 years.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-30-2016 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi......More investigated than 9/11 and the Beirut bombing when Reagan got 251 Marines killed. Conservatives scream about 4 Americans killed and silence on Sandy Hook, Orlando, and other massacres of many more Americans because guns don't kill people.
Sorry but the 4 Americans who lost their lives, think about if they were related to you. They were killed because lack of judgement on our Government and those in charge at that time. We know who was in charge do we not!

The ball was dropped and if they were my family members who were killed, I would be screaming bloody murder to find out why they had no protection. End of story, they did not get the help they requested.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi......More investigated than 9/11 and the Beirut bombing when Reagan got 251 Marines killed. Conservatives scream about 4 Americans killed and silence on Sandy Hook, Orlando, and other massacres of many more Americans because guns don't kill people.
"Bad things have happened in the past, therefore Benghazi is irrelevant."

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess I can go shoot a bunch of people tomorrow because it's been done before countless times. Me doing the same thing is no bid deal, right? Maybe I should go on a binge of kidnapping and raping women then killing them and hiding their bodies -- because hey, that's all been done! Must be 100% okay now!

Or we could get real and admit that all of that is just plain stupid.

Here's what needed to happen that never happened: The people in charge needed to step up and admit they screwed up big time. That means Obama and Hillary and anyone else directly involved. This is a case where a US ambassador died. That is an incredibly rare thing indeed. Didn't happen under either of the Bushes, Clinton or Reagan. So it's kind of a big deal. And the really really big deal is that none of those people should have died. Failure to take appropriate action and failure to adequately protect them is what got all of them killed. The reason they didn't admit to any wrongdoing was quite simple: It would have cost Obama the election in 2012.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:19 AM

57,306 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
"Bad things have happened in the past, therefore Benghazi is irrelevant."

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess I can go shoot a bunch of people tomorrow because it's been done before countless times. Me doing the same thing is no bid deal, right? Maybe I should go on a binge of kidnapping and raping women then killing them and hiding their bodies -- because hey, that's all been done! Must be 100% okay now!

Or we could get real and admit that all of that is just plain stupid.

Here's what needed to happen that never happened: The people in charge needed to step up and admit they screwed up big time. That means Obama and Hillary and anyone else directly involved. This is a case where a US ambassador died. That is an incredibly rare thing indeed. Didn't happen under either of the Bushes, Clinton or Reagan. So it's kind of a big deal. And the really really big deal is that none of those people should have died. Failure to take appropriate action and failure to adequately protect them is what got all of them killed. The reason they didn't admit to any wrongdoing was quite simple: It would have cost Obama the election in 2012.
Well a little consistency would be nice, where was all the criticism in the past. No this doesn't have anything to do with politics, the critics just want to make sure this never happens again and that is why they spent a rather large majority of the hearings on the video.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:29 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:

2011 cut 128 Million

2012 cut 331 Million

After looking at this for years, weeks and days, anybody who thinks the Rs are not BSing is myopic.

Exactly. Did they request more security at Benghazi? I'm certain they did. I'm also pretty certain there are a LOT of requests for increased security at many (most?) installations in the ME and other "hot spots".

From a philosophical standpoint - should we increase their security? Absolutely. Is that feasible with the current budget? Probably not. So, is the GOP now championing raising the budget for the State dept, especially for security? I'm not seeing it. Are they now suggesting we raise taxes to pay for said budget increase? Not seeing that either. Where would the money come from?

Old 06-30-2016, 05:34 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:

2011 cut 128 Million

2012 cut 331 Million

Exactly. I see where the sister of the late Ambassador puts the blame on Congress for not adequately funding security:

Amb. Stevens' sister: Don't blame Clinton for Benghazi - CNNPolitics.com

Mind, this does not mean that she is blaming 'Republicans', for while they controlled the House, the Democrats controlled the Senate.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Military dropped the ball.

[MOD CUT/off topic]
The military didn't drop the ball Obama double-dribbled...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-30-2016 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 06-30-2016, 05:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
One of the heroic military contractors who helped saved many lives during the 2012 Benghazi attacks said on Tuesday the House Benghazi report revealed that politics clearly overrode good decision making during the crisis.
Hmmm......so, he was there but he needed a report to learn what happened there, and now he is 'outraged'

Smells like a fake statement to me

Old 06-30-2016, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hmmm......so, he was there but he needed a report to learn what happened there, and now he is 'outraged'

Smells like a fake statement to me

Well he was a 'contractor' not one of the 'marines' forced to change their clothes 4 times!
Sounds perfectly plausible to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies