Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Lots of God talk in that version of history. Pretty sure the founders were very wary of church and state. You mad about the abortion ruling being struck down I assume?
Pretty sure you need to learn more history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 02:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Any human being has the natural human right to any possible human action which is not an initiation of force upon any other human. These natural human rights are not subject to the whim of "government", "majority", "collective", "group", or any other "divine" individual.

While thugs and tyrants may take or restrict these natural rights with initiations of force, they do not have any "right" to do so. As no human, or group of humans, has a "right" to claim ownership of another human being or to impose their personal interests or beliefs upon another human being with aggression and violence. To claim otherwise, is to deny the existence of any form of human freedom and humanity itself.
Huh? Well who decided what natural rights are?

Old 07-06-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Pretty sure you need to learn more history.
I prefer actual history over the "miracle" of the constitution.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Huh? Well who decided what natural rights are?
What action by others is an initiation of force upon you? Any such action is not a natural right. As no person has a "right" to initiate force upon another. (You are free to believe otherwise...morality is not absolute)

With the exclusion of initiations of force, all other human actions can be viewed as natural human rights. Again, you are free to disagree.

Who has decided this? I would assume that rational sentient beings can come to their own conclusions about right and wrong, good and evil, etc. And free human beings should be able to associate voluntarily with others who hold the same beliefs and not be subject to be the slaves of those with different beliefs.

The only time these voluntary associations are railed against, or when human freedom is destroyed, is when a group decides to impose their beliefs upon others through initiations of force. Like when "democracy", the "majority", the "collective", the lobbyists, claim a right to use aggression, violence, and coercion to impose their will upon others.

You can believe that natural rights are only those which you "approve" of, and that is your right to believe so. I would not agree at all, but I understand that predators will always exist among humans.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:25 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
What action by others is an initiation of force upon you? Any such action is not a natural right. As no person has a "right" to initiate force upon another. (You are free to believe otherwise...morality is not absolute)

With the exclusion of initiations of force, all other human actions can be viewed as natural human rights. Again, you are free to disagree.

Who has decided this? I would assume that rational sentient beings can come to their own conclusions about right and wrong, good and evil, etc. And free human beings should be able to associate voluntarily with others who hold the same beliefs and not be subject to be the slaves of those with different beliefs.

The only time these voluntary associations are railed against, or when human freedom is destroyed, is when a group decides to impose their beliefs upon others through initiations of force. Like when "democracy", the "majority", the "collective", the lobbyists, claim a right to use aggression, violence, and coercion to impose their will upon others.

You can believe that natural rights are only those which you "approve" of, and that is your right to believe so. I would not agree at all, but I understand that predators will always exist among humans.
If it's not in the Constitution it doesn't exist!

Don't you remember that clause when you signed it?

Brings me to my favorite meme...

Statism: the belief you have to ask permission to be free

Old 07-06-2016, 03:46 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If it's not in the Constitution it doesn't exist!

Don't you remember that clause when you signed it?

Brings me to my favorite meme...

Statism: the belief you have to ask permission to be free
Haha...didn't you know that the founders had the right to bind all persons to their (in hindsight) highly flawed contract born and every future person ever born to their personal contract?

And "the belief you have to ask permission to be free" is very funny...never heard that before.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:21 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:

This is entertaining. Is it a natural right to burp in public? Such action initiates force (namely, malodor & sound) upon others. And yet it is a completely natural function of the human body; if it is not protected by natural law, then what is? What about bringing a pet dog to a public place? Dogs cause allergies, engage strangers who don't invite engagement, make noise, smell, and (on occasion) bite. Clearly an "initiation of force" and yet, dogs have been part of human society for millennia.

Your schema is an attempt to undo and then redo the work that is already underway in representative democracy: define the rules by which people coexist in society.

Quote:
Haha...didn't you know that the founders had the right to bind all persons to their (in hindsight) highly flawed contract born and every future person ever born to their personal contract?

And "the belief you have to ask permission to be free" is very funny...never heard that before.
The Constitution was never a personal contract. It was a compact among the States to constitute a federal government.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
This is entertaining. Is it a natural right to burp in public? Such action initiates force (namely, malodor & sound) upon others. And yet it is a completely natural function of the human body; if it is not protected by natural law, then what is? What about bringing a pet dog to a public place? Dogs cause allergies, engage strangers who don't invite engagement, make noise, smell, and (on occasion) bite. Clearly an "initiation of force" and yet, dogs have been part of human society for millennia.

Your schema is an attempt to undo and then redo the work that is already underway in representative democracy: define the rules by which people coexist in society.

The Constitution was never a personal contract. It was a compact among the States to constitute a federal government.
You're still wrong.

First off, all property is open unless someone is using it in the means of their own personal production.

Secondly, in the absence of the state voluntary contracts/associations can easily rectify these issues. That is not the case now where the state confiscates all property, rents it back to you, then tells you how to maintain it as well as how to use it (via regulation).

Which is slavery to any logically consistent person. Forcing to bake someone a cake or building a fence around your pool is exploiting your labor & resources at gunpoint.

Us adults (the non-statists) like the notion of free trade/barter and respect for property rights.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:

But who decided all that? Where does your legitimacy come from?

Old 07-06-2016, 05:45 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're still wrong.

First off, all property is open unless someone is using it in the means of their own personal production.

Secondly, in the absence of the state voluntary contracts/associations can easily rectify these issues. That is not the case now where the state confiscates all property, rents it back to you, then tells you how to maintain it as well as how to use it (via regulation).

Which is slavery to any logically consistent person. Forcing to bake someone a cake or building a fence around your pool is exploiting your labor & resources at gunpoint.

Us adults (the non-statists) like the notion of free trade/barter and respect for property rights.
"Us adults?" Nice. Your first point is simply incorrect. Your second point ignores the hypotheticals I posed to regurgitate your theology; it does so because your theology fails to deal with those situations (among others).

This post manages a lot of ignorance for a "logically consistent person."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies