Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I don't think he(she) said they don't count. In today's politics, unfortunately, that is how our politicians act. Whether it is Dems or Repubs, they always focus on whatever scandal is relevant at the time to try and discredit the other candidate or whomever. Unfortunately, our current crop of politicians seem to be a bit worse. They don't focus on the actual problems of our country, they just focus on their own party and come up with plans on destroying the other party at whatever cost.
"I don't think he(she) said they don't count."

She TOTALLY IGNORED THEM and ONLY talked about the repubs.

"Unfortunately, our current crop of politicians seem to be a bit worse."

I disagree.

I don't know how old you are but, I have been watching them for a LONG time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 01:12 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Your hero Comey disagrees with the propaganda you're repeating. Cummings asked him if the Republicans initiated the investigation and the answer was no. Comey also said this criminal investigation was warranted. He further said that there was no appropriate comparison to anything Condoleeza Rice or Colin Powell did.

Is skeptical a synonym of ignorant?
Got any proof that he said the highlighted line? I watched the entire hearing and didn't hear anything like that and common sense tells me that since the FBI did not investigate Rice and Powell's use of private emails that he couldn't/wouldn't comment on something he didn't investigate or comment on the 5,000 emails that the Bush administration deleted.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:13 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I can guarantee (unless reps lose control of congress) that Congress will start some sort of impeachment process. As they have the power to do so even for a misdemeanor...
How can she be impeached? She has no government job.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
ok, so I looked up what Comey said about the differences between HRC and Patreaus. Comey is corrupt and lying. He said Patreus had vast amounts of classified intel. So did HRC. He said he lied about it and they found it under stuff in his attic with a search warrant. They found thousands of missing emails that were supposed to be turned over by HRC after they confiscated her server, which is definitely a lie on her part for not turning them over. He said Patreaus exposed that intel to people unauthorized. HRC did the same thing. He said the General admitted that what he did was wrong. HRC acted like she did nothing wrong. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE! Admit what did was wrong and get prosecuted, lie about it and play stupid and walk free. If anyone doesn't see the complicate nature Comey played in this they are fooling themselves.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Yeah, that's what he said. The facts say otherwise. Many other people have been and will be prosecuted for doing far less than what Hillary Clinton did.
And he said those cases were not what the media made them out to be. They were not less but MORE than what Hillary did.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Got any proof that he said the highlighted line? I watched the entire hearing and didn't hear anything like that and common sense tells me that since the FBI did not investigate Rice and Powell's use of private emails that he couldn't/wouldn't comment on something he didn't investigate or comment on the 5,000 emails that the Bush administration deleted.
There is four hours of his testimony but yes, he did say this as I watched it carefully. Would take a bit of time to find that exact exchange though. He said Condi - as that was the specific one asked about - did not do the same thing (only had private email on gov't server) and he thought it was appropriate to investigate Clinton because it was a different thing that Clinton did (e.g. private server).

Old 07-07-2016, 01:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Get out of your bubble. He's not lying. He's showing the law isn't good enough and highlighted why he had to make this decision. He's also handing the Republicans a golden ticket to her prosecution - the perjury charge. On top of that, he in all but the word itself called her stupid. Not a good day for Clinton.
It is not a good day for Clinton. But Comey looks as if he is guilty. When showed a time line of Clinton meeting Lynch, Hillary being questioned by the FBI and Comey's decision of no indictment. Comey was so angered it reminded me of Bill Clinton when he said he did not lie about Monica Lewinsky.

Comey would not talk about the Clinton Foundation ,if the case ended or going forward. This looks bad. Too protective of the Clintons. There could be a nice bonus sitting in a foreign bank for Comey put there by the Clintons

Old 07-07-2016, 01:18 PM

7,503 posts, read 5,752,205 times
I've been around for a while now. I've seen presidents go down and lies, deceit and corruption. But, I have NEVER EVER seen anything so blatant as to exonerate Hillary knowing what she's done. I have lost complete faith in our justice system. It's a free for all from this point forward. This is far from over.

I have absolutely no doubt she should be charged with racketeering.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:19 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Petreus deliberately gave classified (marked classified) material to someone who had no clearance -- and he did this KNOWING that he was breaking the law.
I don't believe that is true.

I think he was a having an affair with an Army Intelligence officer who held a TS clearance.

"Petraeus scandal From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Petraeus scandal is a series of events that garnered strong media attention when an extramarital affair between retired four-star general David Petraeus, then Director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Paula Broadwell became public information. Petraeus had chosen Broadwell to be his official biographer. She co-authored All In: The Education of General David Petraeus, his biography, when Petraeus was the International Security Assistance Force commander.[1][2] On November 9, 2012, she was reported to have been involved in the extramarital affair with Petraeus that triggered his resignation as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency when it was discovered by the FBI.[3"

"Paula Broadwell (born November 9, 1972) is a US Army Intelligence Officer, an American writer, academic, and anti-terrorism professional..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrae...aula_Broadwell

Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is not a good day for Clinton. But Comey looks as if he is guilty. When showed a time line of Clinton meeting Lynch, Hillary being questioned by the FBI and Comey's decision of no indictment. Comey was so angered it reminded me of Bill Clinton when he said he did not lie about Monica Lewinsky.

Comey would not talk about the Clinton Foundation ,if the case ended or going forward. This looks bad. Too protective of the Clintons. There could be a nice bonus sitting in a foreign bank for Comey put there by the Clintons
Yeah, don't think or believe that at all. I think trying to make out Comey as some bad guy is not the way you should go. If he got clearance from AG Lynch or Obama beforehand to give that press conference, he would have NEVER been allowed to slam Hilary like he did. She deserved it completely too.

I think his refusal to answer questions on the Clinton Foundation, especially when he said he wouldn't comment on if he was doing an investigation on it or not, de facto confirmed they're investigating it. Because if they weren't at all, he would have just said so. Thought that was interesting actually. Of note, the FBI never comments on active investigations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies