Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 04:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times

Advertisements

Comey is acting like Hillary is a little old lady that is behind the times and has not kept up with the average computer user. Comey is treating Hillary as a feeble minded unsophisticated person lacking common knowledge of security.

Is this the real Hillary or is she snowing the FBI. Take your pick. Neither is flattering to Hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 04:13 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" obviously she became careless over time"

I don't believe that for a second.

Having held a very high TS Clearance I KNOW about the CONSTANT remedial training that is REQUIRED.

As an Agency HEAD it is HER RESPONSIBILITY to make sure SHE AND those who work under her ARE COMPLIANT with ALL Clearance procedures and responsibilities.

I think you are trying everything you can to justify her actions.
You are correct.

If you listened to the hearing exactly that issue came up, she was supposed to make sure that not only her but her employees were properly trained, Comey indicated she was lacking in many areas of the nuances of classified document and how they were handled.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:14 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I'm wondering that if the FBI recommended charges be filed against Hillary, if Comey would still be asked to explain his findings to Congress and the HOC? Somehow I doubt it.
The entire reason for the hearing was because what lead to the recommendation did not match up. Even he expect this and actually wanted this. Even the former Assistant FBI director was confused.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:16 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I have listened to this since it started, they are asking him 9 ways to Sunday, and around the block again and he keeps tap dancing around it.

Unbelievable.
You got to give it to him- 4.5 hours and he was cool as an alley cat. If anything, I give him his props on that.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The reason the Classified emails didn't have a "header" is because they were not transmitted through the closed networks that would have shown the headers. Each page would have had a marking at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page.

Her system was a totally separate server that could not connect to the closed SECURE system. Anything that was above Top Secret would have had to have a "need to know" structure and a specific sign on with a reason/approval for even viewing it.

And yet ..... it somehow got on to Hillary Clinton's private Basement servers and into her famous email chains. It's worth noting that there were no questions at the hearing about "how did these highly Classified documents even get on Clintons Private Basement Servers?"
" It's worth noting that there were no questions at the hearing about "how did these highly Classified documents even get on Clintons Private Basement Servers?"

One repub brought it up about the email the FBI found where hillary directed some of her staff to remove the classification markings and send it on,
Comey glossed over it.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Oh come on.

I have always thought HRC is a lying liar who lies - but I don't see how anyone could watch the hearing in it's entirety and still think that Comey was anything but an upstanding public servant.

As for the Clinton Foundation - he said he would not comment on whether or not there was an investigation. Which is the proper thing to do. (And methinks he actually DID confirm that there is an investigation by his answer.)

Comey does not uphold the law, He is not the law and this should have went to a grand jury to see if Hillary broke the law. Comey said he believed Hillary didn't break the law. The law as written says she did.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:22 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Comey said she lied just about everything. There's no absence of criminal wrongdoing. She SIGNED papers stating she wouldn't do such a thing. She also tried to delete many work related emails. That IS intent AND criminal wrongdoing. Comey was bribed or threatened to do this and is in all likely hood protecting Obama.
Sigh ...... he was ONLY supposed to investigate the Intelligence Emails. That was his "referral".
Other authorities failed to ask the FBI to investigate the document handling and archive regulations.

For those few that actually attended the Hearing and Stayed the entire time .... they now know how they all messed up. The FBI does what it's told - it can't do what they are not asked to do.

Here's a reasonable question - shouldn't the CongressCritters actually know how all this works and what the procedures are for Fact Finding?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:23 PM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are correct.

If you listened to the hearing exactly that issue came up, she was supposed to make sure that not only her but her employees were properly trained, Comey indicated she was lacking in many areas of the nuances of classified document and how they were handled.

"You are correct."

Thank you.

The career bureaucrats who work under SHOULD have kept her informed.

They probably tried at one time or another and after being threatened with their jobs, decide it was better to keep quiet then to lose their jobs.

I am POSITIVE the State Dept has a Security Officer who is responsible for the Agency following federal clearance protocols.

I wonder if he was ever interviewed.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Comey indicated that there needs to be discretion in the application of the law, average joe's are also not indicted on this basis.
Sounds like Comey is saying loud and clear he does not follow the law just his own discretion. Comey makes himself the law and moves on what he believes should be done. In other words THE SYSTEM IS RIGGED.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:45 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Comey didn't want to be involved in a single car accident with no survivors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies