Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 05:33 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,660,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
who was an armed robbery suspect, had a pistol on his lap,
and reached under his seat belt with his left hand.
did you look at the link ?

it's still a tragedy, even if he was the armed robber.
his hair length, body build, facial hair, age, race,
everything literally is the same as on the cctv feed.
the exact hair style and length along with patch under chin
makes me think he did rob that store, and she's smoking newports
which they stole.
just saying.
Well, according to you he was not a suspect, he was the perpetrator. Girlfriend smoking stolen Newports and all. Such an imagination you have!

He didn't have a pistol in his lap, and according to 'bluelivesmatter' (I posted a link earlier) the gun was on his right, between the seats. That's what their fuzzy fake photo shows, anyway.

He reached for his wallet, which he keeps in his right-hand back pocket. Nothing you posted is true.
Especially if you are saying he looked EXACTLY like the robber in the store. You can see right through the bill of the guy's cap? You should start a business... Of course, I'm sure that all Black men look the same to you.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:35 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,609,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe you should check to see if you have a felony on your record? That's what happened to this black guy who was "detained" and released:

https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/12/01/a-bad-dream/
https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/...uffs-to-m-a-d/
https://cognitiverelevance.com/2015/12/08/autoerase/

It's a three part story and the weird thing is, this black guy is famous (with a small f) and this happened in Beverly Hills.
Thank you, I'm familiar enough with my record, that was a long time ago, in Florida. Thank you for the interesting read.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:42 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,074,274 times
Appreciate the correction. Still, the point that the officer stopped him because of a similarity in appearance to the bolo would put the officer on edge. Needs to play out.

It is hard for me to imagine a lot of folks in MN drive around with guns in their laps, but again, maybe that is unique to Minnesota. Another blind spot for yours truly? Dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
It is not called a CCP because you are allowed to have it out in the open

Minnesota's permit to carry law and how it applies to Philando Castile - Story | KMSP
Minnesota's permit to carry law and how it applies to Philando Castile

It is up to the officer to ask for their permit
The carrier is not required by law to inform the officer he is carrying
The carrier can have it laying out by his side as was the case in this instance

Old 07-09-2016, 05:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
You mean had features similar to a suspect?
Lol, don't you feel even a little foolish with this line? This guy and millions of others.

They all look alike, right?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:49 PM

26,551 posts, read 15,122,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I saw a meme and I will state up front that I'm not really a fan of that type of argument BUT it goes something like this.

Black man gets shot for doing nothing, we release his criminal record. White kid rapes a passed out woman, we release his lap times.
#1 Can you say for certain, betting your life on it, that Castile got shot for "doing nothing?" "If" he did rob the store, is it not possible that he might pull a gun on a cop pulling him over?

#2 Do you think that only white athletes get special leniency from colleges or even the government?

Sweeping sex assault suit filed against University of Tennessee

Charges against University of Alabama football players dropped

#3 The white swimmer that you are referencing DID have his criminal record made public - it was empty hence the (bad) reason of the judge letting him off easy.

Do you not see a lot of holes in your logic?

Old 07-09-2016, 05:50 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,609,764 times
Quote:
Lol, don't you feel even a little foolish with this line? This guy and millions of others.

Um, no. I know plenty of people that don't have the wide set nose characteristic. You think describing facial features shouldn't be allowed if a characteristic is more prominent in a particular race or culture? That sounds like a ridiculous reason to limit the ability to describe someone.

Quote:
This guy and millions of others.

You don't feel foolish uttering this nonsense? You just said millions of people have the same nose because they are black. That is literally the "they all look alike" trope.

Old 07-09-2016, 05:54 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,643,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Phyxius, with your posting history I wouldn't be throwing stones... And I'll leave it at that..
Good idea.......on leaving at that.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,141,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Good idea.......on leaving at that.
I know that's why I said it..

Old 07-09-2016, 06:21 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,185,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I copied this from another thread.
This is how the cops are going to cover for their own, complete with fuzzy fake photo.

Philando Castile was an Armed Robbery Suspect - Blue Lives Matter
What a phony story this is! Philando had a beard! The suspect in the robbery didn't have one. Black men don't grow a beard in three days!

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-cop-killings/

Original robbery story with photos and descriptions of the robbers: http://lillienews.com/articles/2016/...venience-store

Old 07-09-2016, 06:32 PM

137 posts, read 142,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In.God.I.Trust View Post
Lots of support for the Chinaman, I see. I wonder if all of you will be so sympathetic when their brand of communism eventually infiltrates our America. Oh wait, I forgot, it already has. Thanks Obama...
Lol, Jeronimo Yanez is a "Commy Chinaman"?

Well, there are apparently at least 2 versions of this story:

1. The MSM/Diamond Reynolds "side chick" claims that a "Chinese" cop stopped them for a "broken taillight" and then fatally shot Philando Castile, a lawful citizen with a gun and CCL who was cooperatively complying with orders...

2. Officer Jeronimo Yanez (Latino) stopped Philando Castile because he matched a BOLO for the suspect in an armed robbery nearby 4 days ago. He was (allegedly) a CRIPS gang member who possessed a gun, but likely not a CCL. Then, not sure yet what all exactly happened after that? Did he react justifiably or overreact to the situation as it developed?

3. Some combination of 1 & 2, if not more... For example:
Quote:
The disparity between the radio traffic and Reynold’s version of events has people wondering if Reynolds is lying. Reynolds is most likely telling the truth about the reason for the stop. Police officers are not required to tell people the actual reason they were stopped, as long as they were stopped for a lawful reason. The officer’s purpose was simply to identify Castile so that he could be investigated as a suspect in the robbery. The officers likely told Castile that they stopped him for a taillight violation; that way Castile would assume that it was a routine traffic stop and hopefully not react violently.

Last edited by pinemon; 07-09-2016 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies