Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 11:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I care less if it matters to you.
Yes you do otherwise you wouldn't ask. Keep posting and contradicting yourself it's good for a laugh

Quote:
What matters to you is clear by your refusal to answer.
Again having or not having a gun permit had nothing to do with him being pulled over. Which is why I said again and again it didn't matter to me.

The best part is you can't explain why it matters
keep playing your childish games. it's good for a laugh

Old 07-09-2016, 11:23 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Departments across the U.S. look for long-term solutions to improving relations with minority communities. It seems like it might help cut down these casualties. I really hope it does. It hard to eliminate all of them while trying to prevent crime at the same time but hopefully, it will improve. I hope more programs like this start up.

Saw this on the news tonight. Pretty promising. They make some good points on here.
Police revamp policies to change public perceptions - CBS News

Old 07-09-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Departments across the U.S. look for long-term solutions to improving relations with minority communities. It seems like it might help cut down these casualties. I really hope it does. It hard to eliminate all of them while trying to prevent crime at the same time but hopefully, it will improve. I hope more programs like this start up.

Saw this on the news tonight. Pretty promising. They make some good points on here.
Police revamp policies to change public perceptions - CBS News
In order to change public perception the police should stop with their racist enforcement of the law. Problem solved.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:30 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Yes you do otherwise you wouldn't ask. Keep posting and contradicting yourself it's good for a laugh

Again having or not having a gun permit had nothing to do with him being pulled over. Which is why I said again and again it didn't matter to me.

The best part is you can't explain why it matters
keep playing your childish games. it's good for a laugh
I did explain why it matters. It goes to the idea that the system was trying to make him look bad when they knew he had a permit all along but they just couldn't resist releasing the info that he hadn't got one in that county.

It's why they can not be trusted to investigate themselves.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:30 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post

Right from the beginning, according to the girlfriend Mr. Castille did not say he had a permit. He said he had a gun and his girlfriend according to her had to yell at the officer that he had a permit to carry.
100% true.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
In order to change public perception the police should stop with their racist enforcement of the law. Problem solved.
At least a beginning. We also need to quit expecting them to be tax collectors. Perhaps we should separate those who write fines and those who carry guns and have the ability to arrest people.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I did explain why it matters. It goes to the idea that the system was trying to make him look bad when they knew he had a permit all along but they just couldn't resist releasing the info that he hadn't got one in that county.
And I already explained to you, in simple terms that anyone without a twisted agenda would understand, the permit only matters to those who have already made up their mind that he was a bad man.
You made an idiotic post towards me about the gun permit, even though I never mentioned anything about that permit.

Quote:
It's why they can not be trusted to investigate themselves.
I've known that for a long time and have posted as much.

Your outrage towards me has no basis.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
At least a beginning. We also need to quit expecting them to be tax collectors. Perhaps we should separate those who write fines and those who carry guns and have the ability to arrest people.
Stopping the war on drugs specifically. As it unfairly targets minorities , especially those in the inner city. It tears families apart and is one of the top 2 reasons people cannot find decent paying jobs. The other being lack of a degree.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:39 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I think whenever anything tragic like this happens, most people are hoping that what happened wasn't driven by malice.
This new trend of assuming that is the case before knowing it is, is disturbing.
When someone is shot dead, regardless of the reason or INTENT, I think we can reasonably surmise we have gone past malice......

Old 07-09-2016, 11:43 PM

Quote:
And I already explained to you, in simple terms that anyone without a twisted agenda would understand, the permit only matters to those who have already made up their mind that he was a bad man.
You made an idiotic post towards me about the gun permit, even though I never mentioned anything about that permit.
The motives behind releasing that information even though they knew he had a permit is very important.

Its why they can not be trusted to investigate themselves.

Quote:
I've known that for a long time and have posted as much.

Your outrage towards me has no basis.
Answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies