Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2016, 08:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,185,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
The stop was not made because of a tail light. The girl in the car who made the video lied about that.
I thought the cop lied about it. Otherwise why did someone take a photo of the taillights?

Old 07-09-2016, 08:52 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,586,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I thought the cop lied about it. Otherwise why did someone take a photo of the taillights?
My understanding is that the cops stopped the car because the driver looked like a suspect in a robbery case. The tail light was the pretext given for the stop. My understanding is that this is standard procedure.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:53 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,609,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
i think your hoping for that.
I think whenever anything tragic like this happens, most people are hoping that what happened wasn't driven by malice.
This new trend of assuming that is the case before knowing it is, is disturbing.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 PM

I rarely comment on these cases because I know a lot of times, there is more info that comes out later.

However, there have been a few cases where the behavior was so egregious, it's hard not to comment. I think this is one of those cases.

Just judging by the way the cop sounds in the video, I think he may have been poorly trained and had an itchy trigger finger. Got nervous at the wrong time and made a mistake.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
My understanding is that the cops stopped the car because the driver looked like a suspect in a robbery case. The tail light was the pretext given for the stop. My understanding is that this is standard procedure.
So if it was the pretext for the stop, the girl did NOT lie about it. That's what the cop said. That's what she believed.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You didn't answer the question.
Is there a possibility? There is a possibility for anything.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:05 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,115 times
It's weird how all of these #BLM narratives never hold up.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:11 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Social media and this thread has revealed some things. There are people who have remained silent about the Falcon Heights shooting. There were also people who came out and expressed outrage and sorrow about Castile being murdered. However,some of the persons who were silent about this would be the ones defending Darren Wilson.

I notice there are still people trying to justify Castile being murdered. There is one person blaming other Blacks for what happened to this man. Even with evidence showing the officer being a murderer, there are still those trying to justify this.

This is truly what I believe. If it wasn't for the TOS on City-Data, there would be much worse comments. I really believe some people are just that bad.
Yeah some people are that bad. But, lots of people are also waiting for more information to understand what happened. Every day new information is released, some of it verified and some not. As well as some of it leading to entirely new questions.

It goes without saying imo that no law abiding citizen (and probably no real or suspected robber if this new info is correct) needs to be gunned down on their way home from getting groceries, especially when there are other people in the car and most especially a child.

But, there are things that lead me to believe we are going to find out this was a cluster f of circumstances, bad communication that ended in a tragedy. If the officer and/or the dept's procedure is responsible for that he needs be prosecuted and/or settlements made.

I do hold him responsible for managing the situation, but I also hold a driver with a concealed weapon to a higher standard than someone unarmed. Right from the beginning, according to the girlfriend Mr. Castille did not say he had a permit. He said he had a gun and his girlfriend according to her had to yell at the officer that he had a permit to carry.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I do hold him responsible for managing the situation, but I also hold a driver with a concealed weapon to a higher standard than someone unarmed. Right from the beginning, according to the girlfriend Mr. Castille did not say he had a permit. He said he had a gun and his girlfriend according to her had to yell at the officer that he had a permit to carry.
No she didn't. I get a chuckle at posts like this. You pretend to be level headed and only want the truth and then just make stuff up thinking it will look legit.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:29 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,454,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No she didn't. I get a chuckle at posts like this. You pretend to be level headed and only want the truth and then just make stuff up thinking it will look legit.

Chuckle all you want, while you willfully remain uninformed.

I did not make it up. In fact, the girlfriend has now slightly varied her story from the video to her interviews.

Rewatch the video and her interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.