Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:55 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,955,728 times

Advertisements

OP, who cares? That's the attitude Americans have. White people don't even care if one of their own innocents got shot. If they don't care about their own, don't hold your breath for any sympathy for nonwhites. The only demographic group that this country remotely gives a crap about is a white female.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:57 AM

865 posts, read 623,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Please help me to understand. Do you even care?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
To answer your question, no.

I've made it 52 years and never had a run-in with the police (other than traffic stops of course). In fact, I can't think of anyone in my immediate family that has.

If you don't commit crimes, act/dress like a thug or give them attitude, odds are you're not going to be in a position to get shot by a cop.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:59 AM

986 posts, read 1,667,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
What I do not understand is why black people become so aggressive and hostile with the police? If I was black and encountered police I would behave in a polite non-threatening manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post

If you don't commit crimes, act/dress like a thug or give them attitude, odds are you're not going to be in a position to get shot by a cop.
This is the equivalent of telling a woman "Don't wear a short skirt and you won't get raped." I thought freedom of speech applied to everyone. My bad, it doesn't.

To the OP - most of them don't care - which is why the NRA and other organizations are deathly silent. (The guy in Baton Rouge that was shot and KILLED was a registered GUN owner.)

Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,352,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
This is the equivalent of telling a woman "Don't wear a short skirt and you won't get raped." I thought freedom of speech applied to everyone. My bad, it doesn't.
I agree with your statement, but reality is reality. No woman deserves to be raped and no black man deserves to be shot like that.

However, humans are defective and full of imperfections. A woman dressed like a prostitute in the bad part of town at dark has a greater chance of being raped than a nun in a convent. It is what it is.

A polite well behaved black man has less of a chance of being shot than a thug acting in a very hostile manner and resisting the police. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but polite nice people get shot less often.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,745,803 times
The only just use of force is retaliatory force. I have yet to see anything that shows that these "officers" lives were in imminent danger. I also have seen no evidence that any act of aggression by the deceased was occurring when the "officers" arrived. I do see evidence that the "officers" arrived at the scene and created and initiated force and aggression upon an individual with a "presumption of guilt" and acting under "color of law". There is, in this case, absolutely no reason to arrive on scene and create a state of conflict, simply because of "presumption of guilt". These officers "believe" that lowly humans must obey, without question, any and all of their "commands" as if they were Divine. And for anyone, to question in any way, their absolute Divinity and absolute dominion over humans, is justifiably punishable by death. IF they arrived on the scene to INVESTIGATE and not to INCARCERATE perhaps the situation would have ended up completely different. IF they somehow believed that their lives were POTENTIALLY at RISK merely by QUESTIONING the deceased, they should have retreated, and called for backup. The situation, if not completely created by a presumption of guilt and an arrogance of Divinity, was certainly unnecessarily escalated by their initiations of force. "Officers" should do EVERYTHING in their power to NOT be judge, jury, and executioner on the streets of America. If they knew that they were being "resisted", the appropriate action, since no one was in imminent danger UNTIL the "officers" escalated the situation, would be to call for more "officers" to aid them in QUESTIONING the ACCUSED. It is highly doubtful that the deceased would resist say 50 "officers" in a shootout...

But that would be an inconvenience for armed thugs of the State...it is far more efficient and easy to just murder anyone who does not comply unquestioningly to their Divine presence...The deceased is dead, for something that was never proven at the time that he was killed, because killing a person is easier than doing the right thing...

BTW, turning any of these type events into a discussion of racism is silly nonsense. The State hates human beings and thus the human race and human freedom. The only "racism" that is really at the heart of these things is a hatred of the human race by those in power.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:05 AM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Have seen videos of people of all races men and women, resisting the police, in some very dangerous situations. It's like they don't take order to stop and put your hands behind your head seriously. We live in such a dangerous society, please people don't run from police or resist arrest or even mouth off which could really escalate. Sometimes it is too dangerous because the struggling means they could reach over and grab the officer's gun.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:06 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
I'm generally neutral as it relates to the police shootings, but these last 2 shootings have me very hot under the collar.

I've also heard some whites respond with "White people get killed by the police too".

So my question is to the "whites"-Do you even care if whites get killed too? I know you don't care if blacks do and I'm okay with that disposition. Do you care if your own race gets killed? If so what do whites do to prevent it from happening because there is nothing at this point that blacks can do. If you care so much why are you so silent on the issue? Why are you so apathetic?

Here is a story---
I can remember having been a hiring manager at a Hospital with 3,200 employees. There were only 3 of us black managers in the whole darn place. I decided to do something about it. I went on an aggreesive hiring of black managers. Why? 1-We needed more managers 2- we needed managers of color. 3-the Senior Level(white folks) staff supported my efforts.

The point:
I was in a position to make change happen and I DID. It's the highlight of my life.

Since whites are the dominant controlling class, why not use that position to make changes for the better?
Do you not get that this is racist?

Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,838,781 times
Quote:

Here is a story---

The point:

I cannot speak for all whites, but I do care only when it is not a justified shooting, and when that, use civil means to correct the issue. I am not going to go rally other whites and burn businesses, loot, etc, because some white person was unjustifiably killed by a cop.

I also will not defend a white person killed just because he/she is white. I review the available evidence and determine in my opinion if it was justified or not, and furthermore, if the cop(s) actions were reasonable given the context of the situation. The cops may not have made the best decision, but often it was a reasonable given that they usually have all of less than a second to make such decisions.

For me it comes down to "was the person resisting or not." When resisting arrest, a millions can happen and can be perceived happening, even an innocent hand towards the cop's gun can be perceived as a deadly force threat, and it is reasonable for a cop to react to that with deadly force.

Oh yea, the item I bolded in your post is racist, and promoting discrimination in hiring.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,571,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
To answer your question, no.

I've made it 52 years and never had a run-in with the police (other than traffic stops of course). In fact, I can't think of anyone in my immediate family that has.
Some of these men are being killed because of traffic stops.

Old 07-07-2016, 10:08 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The truly sad part is that the question posed by the O.P. even needs to be asked.

Humans are a shameful breed, and discrimination is a disease. Color should NOT matter AT ALL, but alas it does, and very deeply. I may never know the truths about any of these shootings. I feel bad all the way around - for the families of those killed, for the police and their families. It's a scary world, and police have the same fears and emotions as the next person, so the risk of something going wrong with police having a gun and over reacting can have the same result as a criminal with a gun. I can wish the rest of my life for a world without discrimination, but don't think I or my children etc will ever see it.

In the OP's description of his job he stated "2- we needed managers of color."

Had he said 'we needed to hire the most qualified managers we could find' I would take him more seriously but IMO "2- we needed managers of color." is as discriminatory as anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies